Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

I always get called negative and hysterical but then the club proves me right. I was getting a tiny bit excited until this happened.
Do you have any resilience in life at all? Have you had to go through any real hardship?

I struggle to understand how people function in the real world if their reaction to a couple of football players getting injured rocks them so much.

The plus side is that there is still time to get a replacement. This would have been much, much worse if he had started 4 or 5 league games and we had got to October, and then he picks up this injury. Or even towards the latter stages of the season after the January window.

It's still very shit and I feel for the young man. Let's just hope we aid him in his recovery, manage him well, and then he's able to come back stronger for the season half of the season. We're saying three months, so that places him at around November time. Add in recovery, conditioning, match fitness, potential setbacks, etc. I highly doubt we'll see him play again in 2024. The worst thing we could do is rush him back.

It’s so frustrating, we’re probably not going to see him until mid-Nov or even December, considering he probably won’t be ready to drop straight in to the team and will need to gain match fitness.

Disappointing, for him as much as anyone.

Seems that every year pre-season ends up being a disaster in some way that we never recover from. You don't want to see anyone get injured obviously but it feels worse when it happens to one of the younger players, just like Mainoo and Amad last year.

Do you have any resilience in life at all? Have you had to go through any real hardship?

I struggle to understand how people function in the real world if their reaction to a couple of football players getting injured rocks them so much.
Too much sense in this post. Not approved.

Some of you need to get a grip, I know last decade has been a roller-coaster but an injury like his (freak occurrence) is not in anyone's control. Using this to doom and gloom is pathetic.

This kid is 18, three months will sail by. Let him recover and hope the new hierarchy sign a new CB to makeup for it. It'll help us (and Yoro) in long term.

Well this is a disaster. Hojlund out for 6 weeks too. Zirkzee won't be fit either since he hasn't travelled on the tour. My optimism from a few weeks ago has gone down a lot

Well this is a disaster. Hojlund out for 6 weeks too. Zirkzee won't be fit either since he hasn't travelled on the tour. My optimism from a few weeks ago has gone down a lot

Im sure they'll be a behind closed door friendly or 2 between now and the CS for those who didnt go on the tour including Zirkzee to get some game time in to their legs.

I guess it’s time to use the injury excuse again this season if we finish below 8th

Nothing to do with bad luck at this point. People want to shrug it off just like that, but our medical department is obviously rotten. Bad luck doesnt cut it and i hope Ineos arent happy with it either. If we want to challenge, we have to address the issue.

Some of you need to get a grip, I know last decade has been a roller-coaster but an injury like his (freak occurrence) is not in anyone's control. Using this to doom and gloom is pathetic.

This kid is 18, three months will sail by. Let him recover and hope the new hierarchy sign a new CB to makeup for it. It'll help us (and Yoro) in long term.
How many freak occurrences are we allowed in a season before it no longer qualifies as a freak occurrence?

How many freak occurrences are we allowed in a season before it no longer qualifies as a freak occurrence?
A broken bone is a broken bone. It's nothing to do with training/coaching procedures.

I think people need to relax and become a bit more objective

wonder if they'll just let him heal normally or go ahead iwth the surgery and put a pin in it??

broke my 5th metatarsal playing ....hurt like a MF....didn't have the surgery and just let it heal on it's own. after about 6 weeks was able to walk without the boot and 8 weeks to start running again

I was wondering this and thought I was going mad, I swear the news reported 2 months.

Yeah, in fairness I haven't checked the 2-3 pages since last night, as I'm just scanning whilst working, but yeah, couldn't see a verified update anywhere.
Those were rumors before the confirmation from the club. This was reported by pretty much everyone an hour before the game last night.

You got me, I'm posting from my padded room in a mental asylum after I had a breakdown about some burnt toast.

Oh? Didn't remember that. Human body is mysterious
You not remember the night we all feared he'd ruptured his achilles? Turned out it was his metatarsal. It's why he was out for basically all of last season because it didn't heal properly.

This was journalists guessing but Utd confirmed it's 3 months.
It’s interesting that a lot of those same journo’s sources said around two months - then hours later the club confirmed three.

Hopefully the club are over estimating longest time possible given he will need time to adjust and get up to full fitness.

Or I’m just clutching..

You not remember the night we all feared he'd ruptured his achilles? Turned out it was his metatarsal. It's why he was out for basically all of last season because it didn't heal properly.
Yeah, I didn't remember it was metatarsal. Damn

The reason most are faded is because no one trust Lindelof or Maguire to do a job.

to put a positive spin on things, let the lad recover and get back in time for the Christmas run. To have him fit and firing for this period will be a huge boost. At 18 i was concerned that he could get thrown in too quickly and get over worked. So maybe like Kobbie last season, he will be back in time to make a difference when it really matters.

Im sure they'll be a behind closed door friendly or 2 between now and the CS for those who didnt go on the tour including Zirkzee to get some game time in to their legs.
"...And for more of them to pick up fresh injuries, I'm sure", sighed Eeyore, resignedly.

to put a positive spin on things, let the lad recover and get back in time for the Christmas run. To have him fit and firing for this period will be a huge boost. At 18 i was concerned that he could get thrown in too quickly and get over worked. So maybe like Kobbie last season, he will be back in time to make a difference when it really matters.

If he's out for 3 months, it'll be a push to get him back in time for the pre-Christmas run, especially if there are no setbacks. You're also thinking about getting him match fit, conditioned, etc. I honestly think the chances of him playing in 2024 again are slim.

The best thing we can do is get in another CB and, importantly, keep that CB and partner fit. E.g. if we do end up going for De Ligt and he forms a partnership with Martinez, keeping both fit is the ultimate priority. The last thing we want to do is throw Yoro back in during a period of time when he's just recovered from the injury, and he's feeling his way into a new league during a very busy time of the season where the games and training take place in a relentless fashion. It'll be down to ETH and staff to manage that. We do need to be much smarter as a club when it comes to post-injury recovery and not aggravating injuries.

Getting the other CB is a huge priority now. I think it was one anyway, tbh.