Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

Obviously this has happened. Totally mismanaged from day one.

I pray for ETH. They gets no break from bad luck
Assuming it's not an issue with his training methods, or how he manages players with injuries, then he's had it very badly yes. And I think he's going to have a stressful time this season

Not sure why the club are targeting injury prone players mind.

If you look at the bigger pic and if we're expecting him to be here for 4 or 5 years, then this enforced absence could be a blessing in disguise...give him a chance to acclimatise and let some of the hype reduce etc

Arnt they more likely to pick up injuries if they are asked to play against City in the CS without having played any pre-seasin games before hand?
Oh yeah, they could do with a run out all right. I was just joking that no doubt we'll end up losing some more, as we seem to do so every match we play.

If you look at the bigger pic and if we're expecting him to be here for 4 or 5 years, then this enforced absence could be a blessing in disguise...give him a chance to acclimatise and let some of the hype reduce etc

Yes all clubs love it when their marquee summer signing is immediately injured for months.

I think he would have been managed into the team very gradually anyway. Despite his promise the PL with everyone fully fit is a different animal for a player so young. Glas half full he can get fully settled in Manchester and study the PL attackers up close without all the added pressure. He’ll most likely do a Mainoo and fully cement his place by the end of the season. Yes it’s terrible luck but what can you do? He’ll be settled and raring to go by the time he gets back in.

Frustrating. Gutted for him.

Just hoping he makes a full recovery now and no feck ups in his rehab please MUFC

Bad luck again for United.

We need to re-assess our medical department.

Martinez, Maguire, Lindelof, Evans and Casemiro are all fit so we will be ok. Losing Hojlund is worse as we have less options there.

A player could get his leg snapped in half and people would be on here blaming the medical department for it.

He broke a foot playing 30 mins of a pre season game if you think he shouldn't be playing a pre season game then he 100% wouldn't be ready to play at the start of the season and he also played very easily in a pre season game a day or so after signing for us.

A player could get his leg snapped in half and people would be on here blaming the medical department for it.

He broke a foot playing 30 mins of a pre season game if you think he shouldn't be playing a pre season game then he 100% wouldn't be ready to play at the start of the season and he also played very easily in a pre season game a day or so after signing for us.

Basically there’s a significant subset of posters here that take the stance of “how can we blame Ten Hag for this” and then retrofit any situation in to being his fault. I don’t think I’ve seen a more hated Man Utd manager in my lifetime. Even Moyes didn’t get it this bad.

Head of Medical Services. More senior role than chief physio. If you're really clutching at straws you could convince yourself that he left Arsenal after a lengthy overhaul of their medical processes, resulting in a much improved injury record, and has only just started overhauling ours.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
What shade are your rose tinted glasses?

Not really, what's the point of a protective boot if he's walking around?

It's all about the bemjamins.
The reason is - some foot injuries the doctors want to you partially weight-bear for a number of reasons. Typically, if its a full break however, it'll be weight off - so my point was it seemed to be a break, not just a ankle sprain etc. Which has now been confirmed.

I've done my metatarsal - the 5th one - full Jones fracture. Took me three months to get back really to walking without the boot - ultrasound treatment was very effective. They're a bugger though.

I've done my metatarsal - the 5th one - full Jones fracture. Took me three months to get back really to walking without the boot - ultrasound treatment was very effective. They're a bugger though.
My missus had a similar injury in May. The orthopaedist put her in a post-op shoe but she couldn't wear it. She has cancer and has to walk as part of her treatment so he recommend a shoe made by a firm called Hoka. It rolls the foot as you walk thus minimizing the stress on the injured part. She hasn't has any U/S though so I'll mention it to her. Hope you get well soon.

My missus had a similar injury in May. The orthopaedist put her in a post-op shoe but she couldn't wear it. She has cancer and has to walk as part of her treatment so he recommend a shoe made by a firm called Hoka. It rolls the foot as you walk thus minimizing the stress on the injured part. She hasn't has any U/S though so I'll mention it to her. Hope you get well soon.
Thanks I'm fine now - it was a while back but yeah it was a really good treatment - LIPUS - low intensity pulsed ultrasound treatment. Incredible stuff.

Best wishes to your missus.

The injury is very frustrating but let's keep things in perspective. We are talking about an 18 year old defender. 18 year old.
We might have paid absolutely silly money for him so fans might be led into thinking he was some ready made world class player, but in reality he should not be regarded as a starter at this age, or as a player a top team like ours should have to rely on. Also for his sake.
Because he's fecking 18 years old. He is one for the future. And his bone will heal fast.
It is not warranted to call doom on our upcoming season because we will be missing this kid for a few weeks at the beginning. He was never going to be a Varane replacement this season, he always was going to be a squad player behind our starting CB pair, which should be Licha plus De Ligt or someone of that class.
Of course the club needs to buy another CB, that was always the case.

Oh, and no, just because a player breaks his foot does not mean our medical department or anyone else did anything wrong.

Shit happens, it’s nobody’s fault. Everyone trying to blame someone.

He is young, he will heal quickly and be back soon.

The injury is very frustrating but let's keep things in perspective. We are talking about an 18 year old defender. 18 year old.
We might have paid absolutely silly money for him so fans might be led into thinking he was some ready made world class player, but in reality he should not be regarded as a starter at this age, or as a player a top team like ours should have to rely on. Also for his sake.
Because he's fecking 18 years old. He is one for the future. And his bone will heal fast.
It is not warranted to call doom on our upcoming season because we will be missing this kid for a few weeks at the beginning. He was never going to be a Varane replacement this season, he always was going to be a squad player behind our starting CB pair, which should be Licha plus De Ligt or someone of that class.

Oh, and no, just because a player breaks his foot does not mean our medical department or anyone else did anything wrong.
Good post.

Feel bad for him and us but honestly nobody should be expecting an 18 year old to be a starter. We need to buy another CB.

+1

He is 18, the healing will also be quicker. Expect him to be back sooner than reported.

While obviously disappointing, might not be the worst thing in the grand scheme of things. Let's just hope for a seamless recovery.

However, it pushes us to try to get De Ligt over the line, and hopefully means that we can now slowly bed Yoro in under the radar, instead of potentially throwing a teenager into the starting line-up from the get-go.