Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

I mean. What the f**k. What in the living f**k. :lol:

And you know it's a nailed on guarantee that someone else is going to drop tonight or in the Community Shield.
And it won't be the ones we want gone. Will be someone like Amad or Amass probably. :lol:

Would it be correct to say that Metatarsel injuries are no longer the career altering injuries they once were?

Broken bone not a big deal for recovery. Will come back stronger. Better this than soft tissue.

No, it's never McTominay or Maguire. They're like those old fridges that never break down.

With our current luck, and how Amad it's playing, it's totally going up be him.
Well at least if Maguire and Lindelof can manage to stay fit, it's already better than last season, right? Right??? :annoyed:

Its shit news, but it could have been worse I guess. Hopefully he's not rushed back, no need, as annoying as it is, let him heal up totally, the risk isn't worth it.

Hopefully this does not really alter our plans for the season. Seems like we in any event planned to get another experienced CB in (De Ligt) and to have Yoro in the mix for the starting positions. As long as we do still bring in De Ligt, and manage Yoro's return properly, we should be OK.

WTF! Seriously.

Either we are the unluckiest club in the world or there is something seriously wrong with our training or the medical department or both.

This is unbelievable.

Well everything happens for a reason, Quick Recovery kid, see you in November.

Just truly jinxed.
Have a season of centre back injuries, buy a player with no injury record then he gets a decent length injury immediately.

Not that a teenager paired with Martinez, himself who missed most of last season exactly felt like a rock solid combo!

First Mainoo and now Yoro. We need to feck off with playing Arsenal in the States.

It’s obviously bad luck but I don’t think it changes our planning in the grand scheme of things, we were looking to bring in another CB (De Ligt/Branthwaite/Hancko) anyway and given his age Yoro most likely wouldn’t start every game in his first PL season.

Except for last season both Maguire and Lindelof are pretty reliable fitness wise, so between whoever remains out of the two come end of the window, Licha, Evans, new CB + Shaw in an absolute emergency, we won’t have to see Casemiro in defense again before Yoro comes back, which is around late October. If we can’t field two proper CBs by the 10th league game of the season due to injuries then obviously something beyond bad luck is at play.

We bought an 18 year old, we bought a project. Sort of like Shaw or Amad or Garnacho or Mainoo. It's a set back, hopefully he'll come back stronger. The focus should be on the long term and extracting the enormous potential he seem to have.

Phil Jones was a world class talent.

I had a weird moment and thought it was interesting to do a player comparison with a few players against Jones first Utd season.

People would be shocked with how well he stood up. I'm sure some people will laugh and mock me but Phil Jones is one of the best centre back talents in the last 20 years and a very sad story.

If this lad is as good as him without the injuries then we have a special talent.

Yep, Jones had unreal talent when signed. Just hope injuries don’t do to Yoro what they did to Jones

Yep, Jones had unreal talent when signed. Just hope injuries don’t do to Yoro what they did to Jones
Comments like this are just mental. It's one injury, people need to chill out.

When you look at the sky and see grey clouds do you think the world is about to end?

Let's have a bit less of the doom mongering

First Mainoo and now Yoro. We need to feck off with playing Arsenal in the States.
Mainoo got injured against Madrid. And it was mainly because Casemiro fell onto him.

Comments like this are just mental. It's one injury, people need to chill out.

When you look at the sky and see grey clouds do you think the world is about to end?

Let's have a bit less of the doom mongering
Not doom mongering at all. I’m looking at players injury record before joining United and it since. Going back as far as Jones, off the top of my head Pogba , martial and Martinez spring to mind. Even Zlatans injury record wasn’t so bad until he joined United.

Feels like there’s something about the club that literally brakes players.

Not doom mongering at all. I’m looking at players injury record before joining United and it since. Going back as far as Jones, off the top of my head Pogba , martial and Martinez spring to mind. Even Zlatans injury record wasn’t so bad until he joined United.

Feels like there’s something about the club that literally brakes players.
Pogba was available more often than not when he was here, a lot of the time there were other reasons he was out of the team. Martial has only recently succumbed to hamstring problems, like a lot of pacey players do if they don't manage those types of injuries. Zlatan was fit the whole time he was here until he suffered a knee injury (think it was ACL) in literally one of our last games of the season. He was in his 30s at the time.

Martinez broke his foot and it didn't heal properly so he had to have more surgery, then he suffered a freak knee injury when Coufal fell on him. People need to get over this idea that he's injury prone, it's just not true.

I think the club might have been guilty of rushing players back in the past, normally because players said they were fit when maybe they weren't 100%. Players want to play so that's what they're going to do.

The club doesn't break players, that's just tin hat stuff.