Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

Let's wait and see if he's actually any good first before we worry about losing him.

Whilst I assumed this was to be the case anyway, The Athletics article today had a line where it was mentioned they had discussed him leaving the club in the future prior to him joining, with the hint of it being for Madrid

Do you have a link to the article? Call me old fashioned, but I don't like this. He hasn't even gotten with both feet through the door, and there are murmurs of him leaving in the future.

Last edited:
Do we utilise practices such as players sleeping in oxygen tents to speed up recovery, i remember Rooney using one in the build up to either the euros or world cup many moons ago. Also for a metatarsal.

Real Madrid really dropped the ball in their efforts to find the next Thomas Gravesen there.
Diarra and Graversen were both interesting and (unsurprisingly) unsuccessful attempts to fill the large Makelele shaped hole in their midfield.

If he goes to Madrid after 5 years of service that makes him someone they really want then it's disappointing but it's 5 years away so not worth worrying about.

If he goes to Madrid sooner then it will be for a massive transfer fee and we would have gotten some good years out of him. Disappointing but we have had far worse things happen with signings.

If he proves to be top class then we need to be hot on contract extensions but it's a long way away yet.

If he goes to Madrid after 5 years of service that makes him someone they really want then it's disappointing but it's 5 years away so not worth worrying about.

If he goes to Madrid sooner then it will be for a massive transfer fee and we would have gotten some good years out of him. Disappointing but we have had far worse things happen with signings.

If he proves to be top class then we need to be hot on contract extensions but it's a long way away yet.
He hasn't played a game for us yet, he could well be another disappointment, and you're discussing his future at madrid?

He hasn't played a game for us yet, he could well be another disappointment, and you're discussing his future at madrid?

I'm responding to the post from earlier that has been discussed for the last 2 pages, yes.

I hope the person with a gun to your head forcing you to discuss things you apparently don't want to leaves soon.

I'm responding to the post from earlier that has been discussed for the last 2 pages, yes.

I hope the person with a gun to your head forcing you to discuss things you apparently don't want to leaves soon.
Very drunk last night, apologies for misunderstanding your post.

Do you have a link to the article? Call me old fashioned, but I don't like this. He hasn't even gotten with both feet through the door, and there are murmurs of him leaving in the future.
I pretty much always had that inkling that Madrid will always be the main ambition for him. If he goes there it means he was good for us.

I get the old fashioned bit, but even if we were winning back to back Champions Leagues Madrid is simply the pinnacle.

The lad hasn’t even kicked a competitive ball for us yet. Let’s stop panicking about losing him when we don’t know how he will do for us. If he wants to go to Real Madrid then that’s fine but his performances will need to be at a very top level when he does play if that is where he wants to end up at. Real Madrid won’t sign him if he is not doing very well with us.

I’m completely fine with him going to Madrid the way CR went to Madrid, or Becks, or Ruud.

It’s the Pogba for free to Juve, or Alexis Sanchez to Inter, or Sancho to Chelsea that I dread. Let’s hope he’s actually good for us first before worrying about losing him.

Do we utilise practices such as players sleeping in oxygen tents to speed up recovery, i remember Rooney using one in the build up to either the euros or world cup many moons ago. Also for a metatarsal.
I think we stopped after it gave Rooney sexual powers and he was let loose in a care home.

Rooney wasn't quite as fast and explosive after his metatarsal injury IMO. He was such an incredible all-rounder though that he still had an amazing career regardless.

You don't lose your pace after a metatarsal injury.

They have been at the top of European football since the 1950s. They've had their barren spells but overall, they have been and will remain the greatest club side in the game.

Serious question.

How much did both Barcelona and Real Madrid both benefit from negotiating collectively in excess of 70% of the total TV rights share in relation to every other La Liga club between early 00s to 2016/17?

What impact did that have on them resisting the likes of Deportivo, Betis, Atletico and Valencia who found their own successes and dynasty building attempts stifled?

Serious question.

How much did both Barcelona and Real Madrid both benefit from negotiating collectively in excess of 70% of the total TV rights share in relation to every other La Liga club between early 00s to 2016/17?

What impact did that have on them resisting the likes of Deportivo, Betis, Atletico and Valencia who found their own successes and dynasty building attempts stifled?

I haven't the foggiest idea mate but Real has always been a rich club but being rich doesn't always guarantee success on the pitch, as we've found out since 2013. Being able to pay the biggest wages, building the best academy facilities, and paying transfer fees would have an impact on other clubs in the league. But weren't Real and Barca hoovering up the best talent before the TV money?

Last edited:
Wonder if the lad is regretting his decision to come here yet.

Other clubs will do him a much better service in terms of developing his potential and giving him chances to win trophies in the process.

Wonder if the lad is regretting his decision to come here yet.

Other clubs will do him a much better service in terms of developing his potential and giving him chances to win trophies in the process.

Why would he be? What has changed since he signed?

Why would he be? What has changed since he signed?

As Matt Bellamy said: our hopes and expectations.

When Yoro signed, we looked like a club that was trending in the right direction and might be competing for a Champions League spot.

Now, it's crystal clear that we've learned nothing, changed nothing, and we'll be lucky to compete for 6th or 7th.

This is just not a club where any young talent should want to develop his game. This is a club where dreams die.

As Matt Bellamy said: our hopes and expectations.

When Yoro signed, we looked like a club that was trending in the right direction and might be competing for a Champions League spot.

Now, it's crystal clear that we've learned nothing, changed nothing, and we'll be lucky to compete for 6th or 7th.

This is just not a club where any young talent should want to develop his game. This is a club where dreams die.
I hate how true this statement is.