View full 2024-25 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
20240706_122521-jpg.3272395

Man for the occasion

England do always have really nice jackets. That picture looks very 90s and I love it.

Special, special player. It's actually outrageous that Trent was starting ahead of them. It's even more outrageous that Southgate first tried Gallagher there instead of him.

Better late than never and I suppose he's not been run into the ground.

Best England player on the pitch.

If Rice is worth 100m he's worth twice that.

The seeds for growth towards success have been laid down in the last few years. And Mainoo along with a few others from the youth teams developed by John Murtough will have a big bearing on how we develop as a football team in the coming years.

Sadly people are too concerned about how quickly transfers are conducted but are completely oblivious to the development and direction the players developed at youth level will have going forward.

For a 19 year old central midfielder to perform like he has done in such a prestigious tournament is nothing short of spectacular imo.

The seeds for growth towards success have been laid down in the last few years. And Mainoo along with a few others from the youth teams developed by John Murtough will have a big bearing on how we develop as a football team in the coming years.

Sadly people are too concerned about how quickly transfers are conducted but are completely oblivious to the development and direction the players developed at youth level will have going forward.

For a 19 year old central midfielder to perform like he has done in such prestigious tournament is nothing short of spectacular imo.

As per usual, great post. Spot on.

Very good and probably his best performance ever in the 1st half but tired later on in 2nd half.

If he adds long range passing and stops physically fading out of matches, we have an all-timer on hands.

Word class in that first half, he was everywhere on the pitch. Not suprised he tired in the second half considering he was doing his job and Rice’s job at the same time.

Gassed in the second half as usual. Stamina is his one glaring weakness that he needs to work on.

Amazing performance first half. Tired noticeably though. He’s so important for United, he’ll need a good rest after all this.

This boy is ridiculous. Not worried about stamina issues given he's only been playing senior football for half a season.

I don't like the England circus in general because of the press and this superiority complex the English carry in general but he would be forever immortalised at 19 if they won on Sunday. Just imagine. For that alone, i'd be so happy to see England win it.

What a player we’ve got on our hands. I actually think his composure/handling of big occasions is one of his biggest strengths, NOTHING phases him.

England do always have really nice jackets. That picture looks very 90s and I love it.
I know you're probably not but I've recently learnt that while Gen Z may enjoy mocking Xennnials/Millennials, they seem to love the trail we blazed in the 90s - early 2000s.

The weird thing is he is under performing through no fault of his own.

Often there is an unwillingness for the defense to drop it into him because he has a player relatively close to him. However during the season at united he has been routinely accepting and dealing with the ball in those situations.

Because England has never had a player who deal with the ball under pressure they don't give it. They'll learn.

I know you're probably not but I've recently learnt that while Gen Z may enjoy mocking Xennnials/Millennials, they seem to love the trail we blazed in the 90s - early 2000s.

I don't know many gen Z ers but I do know everything looked cooler in the 90s

He's brilliant for sure. Also, very obvious now that he needs a high intensity ball winner next to him to allow him to perform at his best. Makes a lot of sense if we are looking at ugarte.

One of the best players on the pitch, blink and you'd miss him too. Incredibly tidy, and the pass to Foden was so understated it was immense. Imagine starting a final in a major tournament for England at 19 years old, and he's going nowhere. So pleased for him.

Honestly had my eyes glued to him all game and he’s just on another level. His movements, understanding of passages of play and execution is incredible. We need to seriously look after him.

I keep saying, the quicker southgate realises Kobbie has to partner Rice, the more chance England have.
Said this during the Denmark game. I know there’s been a bit more to it with the change of formation, but it was painfully obvious before the tournament started.

I thought he was playing a bit within himself in first few games but he showed more like his United form tonight. I’m trying not to be dramatic, but in the last 25 years where I was old enough to actually watch United properly, he’s right up there for talent. I can only really remember one 19 year old better than him in that timeframe, and he wasn’t playing in the pressure cooker of central midfield.

He was fecking excellent first half today. Really thrived in the open game.

I’m not sure about the second half, I want him to make the effort to just show for the ball more against a parked bus. He’s better than anyone on the pitch, go and take the game by the balls.