Kobbie Mainoo England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He is unbelievable. Starting a EURO semifinal at 18 and being completely unfazed while dominating midfield. Can't remember seeing something similar from such a young midfielder.

Amazing performance so far, still disappointed about that Real Madrid quote he gave earlier though as it came out of nowhere, but I suppose it is understandable for young players these days to want to play there.

He is unbelievable. Starting a EURO semifinal at 18 and being completely unfazed while dominating midfield. Can't remember seeing something similar from such a young midfielder.
19, but the point still stands. He’s insane.

He has actually fixed England's problem with possession in 3 games, incredible.

Madness

To go from will he / won’t he make the squad to running the show in a semi final.

He has no fear and you can see him settling in this team more and more with each game.

He has actually fixed England's problem with possession in 3 games, incredible.
Nobody could have seen this happening. Amazing that Southgate has unearth this gem when everyone in the country was screaming to keep him off the pitch.

A ridiculous player. Absolutely ridiculous. How is he this good already?

Who’s the next best thing after Mainoo talent wise ? Whoever that is; get him. He deserves the best partner in that midfield.

He has been the driving force of most positive play tonight, he just takes control and dictates play, Safegate should have had him starting from the first game

He’s the reason why England have looked better in the past couple games. He’s already pulling the strings and having the rest of the team looking for him.

Midfield problem solved for a decade. Just get him a defensive partner in midfield.

Amazing performance so far, still disappointed about that Real Madrid quote he gave earlier though as it came out of nowhere, but I suppose it is understandable for young players these days to want to play there.
What quote?

I'm curious what those who said this tournament was too soon for him to play in are making of his performances. Our most consistent player this tournament already, in my opinion.

That 45 is one of the most impressive by a midfield player for England that I've seen in a long time.

I had an argument with a lad on here before he was starting. He was adamant that a player in his position shouldn’t be starting for England at such a young age. I was adamant that if he can do it in a cup final vs City then he can do it for England.

Here is hoping and praying that he is made the prototype for the type of mifdielder targeted by the academy from this point onwards. Special special player.

What a player! He tends to fade second half so might be repeat it, but so impressive, this shape works for him as he can get forward and ghost into positions behind the two 10s

Been very good. Even his interceptions. Linked up with Foden well.

What quote?

I don't know where it came from, but given he's out there it must have been a post-match/pre-match interview in the mixed zones. He gave a cryptic response when asked some innocuous question about what his future holds, he said it's not the right time to discuss anything in the future and he's focusing on the euros.

Last edited:
Been very good. Even his interceptions. Linked up with Foden well.

Given that two of the best talents of their generation were born in fecking Stockport of all places, we should probably be quite thankful that only one of them ended up at City.

Alexander Arnold and Gallagher was ahead of him at the start of the tournament. Now let that sink in

Given that two of the best talents of their generation were born in fecking Stockport of all places, we should probably be quite thankful that only one of them ended up at City.
Stockport actually has a lot of reds, and United don't neglect the area. I grew up around there and one of my friends from school was actually scouted and eventually brought in to play some youth games (talking pre-teens) for United in the early 2000s.

Would be interesting to see the connection map for the tournament for him.

Feels like there are a few players who don't like passing to him, even when he's in good positions