Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Can we not claim a player will come good without going to these ridiculous lengths. Robin Van Persie of all players to bring up.
Can we not claim a player was a waste of money and a flop based on several games, some of which he was good in?

Nobody would need to defend Zirkzee by bringing up the likes of RvP if others weren't writing him off so prematurely

Can we not claim a player was a waste of money and a flop based on several games, some of which he was good in?

Nobody would need to defend Zirkzee by bringing up the likes of RvP if others weren't writing him off so prematurely
There is too much drama from both sides, the truth lies probably somewhere in the middle, it's true that Zirkzee has to show alot more than what he is showing now, it's also true that he needs time to adjust as well, both can be true and for me the jury is still out on him.

The overreactions on here are unwarranted.

There is too much drama from both sides, the truth lies probably somewhere in the middle, it's true that Zirkzee has to show alot more than what he is showing now, it's also true that he needs time to adjust as well, both can be true and for me the jury is still out on him.

The overreactions on here are unwarranted.

Not both can be true, both are true. He has not shown why he was young player of the year in Italy just yet. He needs to show more but he should be allowed some time to adjust and show why he was bought. Onana was slaughtered and written off last year after he was only at the club for a few months. This season Onana has been amongst the best performing players in the squad.

Even if Zirkzee doesnt work out, i dont think the transfer in itself was a bad idea or something to blame INEOS for. Zirkzee looked talented in the Serie A, he is still quite young, he wasnt that expensive for a promising attacker and, after Martial left, we didnt have a player who plays in a false 9/dropping deep striker role.

Not both can be true, both are true. He has not shown why he was young player of the year in Italy just yet. He needs to show more but he should be allowed some time to adjust and show why he was bought. Onana was slaughtered and written off last year after he was only at the club for a few months. This season Onana has been amongst the best performing players in the squad.

Even if Zirkzee doesnt work out, i dont think the transfer in itself was a bad idea or something to blame INEOS for. Zirkzee looked talented in the Serie A, he is still quite young, he wasnt that expensive for a promising attacker and, after Martial left, we didnt have a player who plays in a false 9/dropping deep striker role.
Agreed.

He isn't an expensive purchase, he also has potential, let's see how his first season pans out

Where does this strange notion that he doesn’t have skills or technique come from? He’s pretty good on the ball and even in tight situations.
He’s not bad, but nor has he shown Firmino levels on the ball. More like average for a PL forward I would say. His pace is likely below average; he doesn’t win many duels and he lacks intensity to his game, and he doesn’t score much or create much. He needs to step it up.

I think he has some similarities to Firmino but they're definitely not like-for-like. I also don't think he lacks technique, tbf.

Also, I do think Zirkzee isn't getting enough goals and assists now, and his general performances haven't been great either, except for a few games in August and September. However, that is largely down to how dysfunctional the current tactical setup is, in my opinion. If he played in a great team, he would be able to have a bigger influence on our games, and would rack up more G/A. Although he's not a 30 G/A player at the moment, even if he played in a City/Arsenal level team. More like 15/20. But like I said, I think that's fine for now.
He doesn’t lack technique, but nor has he, in the PL, shown technique as a stand out attribute of his. He looks strong as an ox, but he doesn’t show it in matches. He doesn’t create much; he doesn’t press well, and he isn’t prolific. He isn’t fine for now because we need goals. He may be fine in the future as I’m sure he has qualities but need to adapt. However, he is not fine for now.

West Ham 2:1 Man Utd New
Finally does something right and United get robbed by the ref.

Why are so many posters saying he's shit at headers? Talking shite? Probably... He looked fine

Finally does something right and United get robbed by the ref.

Muck up a header and be lucky that Cas was there to clean it up?

Badly needs to raise his intensity levels, has talent, needs to play with some tempo.

Would love to believe that header was intentional, but chances are he was trying to score and was miles off.

Muck up a header and be lucky that Cas was there to clean it up?

Badly needs to raise his intensity levels, has talent, needs to play with some tempo.
Don't do this bro, don't.... An assist is an assist. What do we want the ball in the net or just to agenda post on redcafe?

He is not a player you bring on to change a game. His intensity levels are pathetic and he shouldn't play a single minute more until they are raised.

Don't do this bro, don't.... An assist is an assist. What do we want the ball in the net or just to agenda post on redcafe?

To give him credit for the things he does well and not pretend a feck up is a moment of quality. He had some nice touches, and a lovely pass down the left to release Garnacho at one point, a muffed header should not be the takeaway for today from him.

To give him credit for the things he does well and not pretend a feck up is a moment of quality. He had some nice touches, and a lovely pass down the left to release Garnacho at one point, a muffed header should not be the takeaway for today from him.
He's in that position to do it. When it happens to other players (accidental assist) nobody gets onto them. It's an assist, simple...

Pile ons are shit, especially when it's new players in their first season

He's in that position to do it. When it happens to other players (accidental assist) nobody gets onto them. It's an assist, simple...

He assisted the only two goals we've scored last two games, yet people still pick on him.

From what I know him from Bologna, casual assist because he had hit the goal. Zirkzee is a wide space player absolutely not from the penalty area. I don't like Ten Hag's game. Penalty awarded against, absurd decision especially after VAR review.

Ok, fair enough, hopefully he takes some confidence from that and starts to build some momentum.

Why we keep signing such average players who often fail to do what an average player does

Gets an (lucky) assists and still gets shit on at this forum. Guess we got the new target after Martial left.

Zirkzee was more usefull in this game than Garnacho despite playing a lot less minutes. Garnacho even was the main reason for West Ham their first goal but the Zirkzee thread is the one with the most criticism on a player. Seems like agenda posting against a player that has been written off after just a months already.

Why we keep signing such average players who often fail to do what an average player does
It's a puzzle. Every team needs a journeyman or two but I have no idea what system ETH is trying to play. Nothing much has changed except the faces and we are still 11 individuals making it up as we go along.

Just arrived and whilst not been great, deserves a pass. Not easy joining this shit show....

Yeah, brilliant "assist". You know what I mean when I say game changer. A lucky, unintentional header to a perfectly placed Casemiro isn't being a game changer.
I don't recall saying anything about the assist was brilliant?
Ah so you mean a game change who doesn't get an assist or score a goal. Ok then....
For me an assist is an assist. If it helps his confidence then good, I want all of our players to improve. How unfortunate you don't feel the same way, maybe you need to look at yourself?

I don't recall saying anything about the assist was brilliant?
Ah so you mean a game change who doesn't get an assist or score a goal. Ok then....
For me an assist is an assist. If it helps his confidence then good, I want all of our players to improve. How unfortunate you don't feel the same way, maybe you need to look at yourself?
Glad you enjoyed his performance. I didn't. He did absolutely nothing other than a random header that resulted in an assist. If you're pleased with that, good for you.

Glad you enjoyed his performance. I didn't. He did absolutely nothing other than a random header that resulted in an assist. If you're pleased with that, good for you.
And again where did I mention I was pleased with his performance? Sheesh what terrible posts you're putting out.

He wasn't good outside of the assist.

6 touches
1/3 passes completed (33.3%)
0/1 long balls completed
1/5 aerial duels won (20%)

And again where did I mention I was pleased with his performance? Sheesh what terrible posts you're putting out.
You were implying he changed the game because he made an assist. If that doesn't mean you're pleased with his cameo, then why bother making that point to counter my post in the first place?

You were implying he changed the game because he made an assist. If that doesn't mean you're pleased with his cameo, then why bother making that point to counter my post in the first place?
You wrongly stated he wasn't a game changer, directly after a game where he assisted a goal. Do you not expect to be called out on that?

Zirkzee is at best an Everton level player - wait Everton is not far behind us so perhaps United is his level