Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Impressive cameo, links up very well and took his goal brilliantly. He will be a pain in the arse for defenders because he keeps dropping off into those pockets and is also a unit to deal with when he is in the mix.

Definitely not fully fit, but great finish and looks like he has the requisite touch to be a good player for us.

If he was anymore laid back he’d be horizontal. Seems to be a very shy boy.

Apparently he's a joker and really liked by his teammates in his career. I heard on Castles' podcast that he was a bit mad, but he just seems completely chill and happy.

Personally I don't think a Rashford/Hojlund/Nacho trio can work as there isn't enough nous and creativity in that trio, you really need another silky footballer who can create for others in the front 3, it can't all be Bruno and transition. Amad could provide that balance if he kicks on, but wouldn't be surprised if Zirkzee is better for the shape of the team than current Hojlund.

He reminds me of Zlatan. The way he runs, his touches, his physical presence. Looks exactly like his YT clips.

He's like a deep laying forward, like Kane or Benzema, dropping to link, then making late runs into the box.

Totally different to Hojlund, it will be interesting to see them play together.

Very good finishing, it wasn’t an easy goal to score. And a winner as well - all on his debut. Well done

I wonder how's his chest control.

Looks miles off pace but he ain't one to rely on it, what is a nice change in our attacking formation.

He's so cool, bet his skateboards as well and wear's baggy clothes

Was most impressed by his composure in the busy midfield around 93 or 94 minutes where he just popped it off twice to safety.

A bit Berba-esque?

I was impressed. Took a bit to get involved but that was mainly down to Ten Hag suicide ball.
That’s what I said in the Toney transfer thread. People discounting Z before he’d even played, I said then if you like berba you’ll like this guy. Can’t wait till he’s fully fit

I bet he can see one or two seconds into the future. I saw some very impressive pass placement from him in midfield while being pressed, before he got the ball he'd already decided who was getting it and how. Great technique for his goal too. I smell and excellent finisher based on how he scored that goal. Here's to 20 more goals this season!

Looks very tidy, and you can't ask for a better debut than a late winner at the Stretford End.

Hopefully a sign of things to come.

I thought I knew what to expect -- excellent holdup play -- but what I saw tonight was a striker who knew where to be and to do in the box at the end of a pass. And to do so under pressure.

Caf was ready to turn on him already. Seen comments that he looked too big or is lazy because he wasnt pressing (read : running around aimlessly). But in the end he scored a goal on his debut after hardly any pre-seaon and made the posters look stupid.

Apparently he's a joker and really liked by his teammates in his career. I heard on Castles' podcast that he was a bit mad, but he just seems completely chill and happy.

Yeah he almost seemed awkward in his interview, like he didn’t want to be there or know what to say. But came across as very likeable

He must be the player with least touches to score first United goal?

Did Chicharito have much before he bundled the ball off his head on his debut?

Intelligent player. When we got the ball everyone else ran up the pitch like headless chickens, he used his brain and looked around, came in late. Once I saw this I knew he is the type of player we needed.

I’ve got a really good feeling about our Josh.
At a good age too. Young Ronaldo vibes but with a more languid style.
Goal a game and that’s not even starting!
Okay, gone a bit OTT but I still have a feeling

Fancied this signing when we did it, think this lad has massive potential.

Yep, was genuinely excited when he was about to get in. Now, before the goal he probably made 3 touches, but you see the man wants to link up and play football. He also looks like he has excellent technique. God, I wish we slow down a bit sometimes and find the holes in the opposition defence more patiently.

This man should help with that.