Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He'll like playing with Amad, I think. I hope we start with those two against Brighton, could be fun. Also, Dutch strikers against Fulham seems to work well for us!

Excellent goal. Looked absolutely dead after 30 mins . Explains why ETH didnt play him vs City.
All in all will do his confidence a world of good

Glad he got the memo that we are the king of scoring late goals and breaking hearts. Welcome to the club big man!

His link up play was joy to watch. He showed today how striker can be involved in attack despite not "getting service".

It was but the way we played today is a far cry from last season. It's closer to ETH's first season, which was chaos ball but still more measured in possession. ZZ barely had a touch until the last 6 mins.

Sounds funny but his first touch is so accomplished that you can genuinely tell, from that cameo alone, that he is a natural footballer.

Honestly i wasn't sold on his highlight reels but he was ridiculously tidy and exactly what we needed.
Looking forward to seeing more of him - get in lad

When he actually got to the ball he was class, I don't think there was any loose touch at all, but he just seemed to lack intensity, which I'm attributing to a lack of fitness

Barely a touch and no effect after he came on, but then got involved with a pass out wide and then a very good finish. I admit I thought McTominay got the touch at first but that was a very good finish from Zirkzee and an important goal.

If he does this, get on the end of chances in the box and put them in the net in most appearances this season he'll have been a great signing. This is a very good start...

Yes, but not to his detriment. It's not as if his introduction was the catalyst for a team already shifting the game into a perennial pinball game.

Looks to be on a different level than Højlund. Got some real presence about him, and unlike most of his team mates he seems to play football with his brain.

My favourite player already. He was the key in keeping possession even after the goal. Colossal cameo.

Completely invisible and all of a sudden got into the game and showed all the qualities he can bring to the team.

We have had a serious lack of ballers and he seems like he can fill that void, especially in the forward positions. Thought it was a lucky goal at first but was actually a pretty sexy finish.

When he actually got to the ball he was class, I don't think there was any loose touch at all, but he just seemed to lack intensity, which I'm attributing to a lack of fitness
This, got more involved after the goal and he was a calm head in knocking the ball about.

Probably a good thing to have a calming presence like him in the team with all the hyeteric guys like Bruno around

Liked more then I didnt. Great touches. Very clean passes. Little flick to create some rest and a neat finish. But he isnt a striker like he said

A bit Berba-esque?

I was impressed. Took a bit to get involved but that was mainly down to Ten Hag suicide ball.

I was very impressed with him after the goal. Great touches in the middle, keeping things ticking. Refreshing.

Clearly got something technically and great to kick off with a goal.

Be interesting to see how we plan to line up as we are so congested with players wanting to be in the same space.

But if we’re false 9ing Zirkzee has to play every time.

Looks very clever. Not interested in engaging centre halves, but takes up great positions. Could be a very interesting player.

I know he stuck a leg out, but it was instinctive. A proper strikers initiative, let's see what the future brings.

In the beginning he had trouble dealing with all those loose balls coming his way, but he showed real class and technical ability.
You can see he lacks a bit of fitness, sluggish and he looked absolutely knackered at the end!

Best backheel flick player in our team by far. Love him already

Just seen the angle from the near side, that's a great finish. Lovely.

He’s very likeable isn’t he? Calm rizz.