Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Laughable people on think getting rid of McSauce and replacing him with this muppet was a good idea.

We replaced McTominay with Ugarte. We replaced Martial with Zirkzee.

Very low intensity this guy. I may have overstated the impact his touch could have on the attack.

I actually think there's a decent footballer in there just maybe not a for a top team

Am I right in thinking he’s supposed to be a good pressing forward?

He came on in an important game and walked around like Sancho…

Shocking

They said Ivan Toney didn't press enough to sign him, yet this guy is half asleep whenever he plays!

How has this guy got a 5.3 rating ?
He did absolutely nothing after coming on against Villa, and that's being kind
Can we give minus scores ?

Said before the start of the season that going with him and Hojlund as our only recognised strikers would be a mistake.

Just an odd signing. He's a false 9 and we play with a 10. Just doesn't fit at all.

He doesn't look fully awake.

His first sub appearance was quite promising in terms of receiving the ball, one touch play and neat turns.

Sancho in a Fellaini costume. This guy is fecking awful.

Who the feck scouted him and signed off on him. I watched one video and could confirm he wasn’t what was needed. Watched a few more detailed comps and it couldn’t be clearer that not only was he not a No.9 but didn’t have the intensity for the PL.

The best part about this signing is he was ‘only’ £36m.

Runs around like he is stuck in mud.

That no look flick he did in the second half was infuriating...the club/team is struggling, show some bloody fight ffs.

Zirkzee played like he's not the owner of his own feet. That moment where we were on the break and he tried a round the corner flick to nobody did my head in.

He's been likened to Weghorst but even on his worst days Weghorst offered more. Hojlund wasn't offering much but I imagine he'd have given us more once the spaces opened up towards the end.

Really making the false #9 tag come to life.

A questionable signing. I don't understand what we're trying to do with him. I thought we'd at least see him and Hojlund playing together, but one replaced the other. Just bizarre.

He's absolute garbage. What are his qualities exactly? Poses no threat whatsoever in behind so easy to defend against and is so wasteful on the counter.

Either it's a combination of nerves and being shocked by the pace of the league or his just that bad...

The way he "attacked" after Bruno sent him through was just pathetic btw.

Looks either disinterested or shot of any confidence. Starting to look a very poor signing. We needed a proven goal scorer and he isn’t one.

Is Serie A that bad that this guy was considered a top attacker there? He seems to have no redeeming qualities, just some flicks here and there but little substance and can’t even physically impose himself despite his size.

Not sure why I'm seeing comparisons with Lukaku. They have little in common. Lukaku in the 1v1 situation Zirkzee had would use his pace and power to try and beat the defender.