Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I actually think he have had quite a few good chances.

Had a look at the stats. Only five games, but his npxg of 0,58 (PL+EL) is good.

If he ended up with an npxg of 0,58 that would have been the highest in Man Utd since they started with this stat, I think? Ronaldo probably close. Cavani just below. Martial, Lukaku, Rashford etc never close.

Point is, I’m quite confident that Zirkzee will score a lot of goals IF he keeps getting into good positions as often as he has.
1 shot against Spurs, 1 shots against CP. He needs to up his volume by getting into these positions more often.
He had 2 huge chances against both Liverpool and Southampton that he should have scored at least a couple from, but in general his shotvolume and presence in the box is a bit lacking.

I actually think he have had quite a few good chances.

Had a look at the stats. Only five games, but his npxg of 0,58 (PL+EL) is good.

If he ended up with an npxg of 0,58 that would have been the highest in Man Utd since they started with this stat, I think? Ronaldo probably close. Cavani just below. Martial, Lukaku, Rashford etc never close.

Point is, I’m quite confident that Zirkzee will score a lot of goals IF he keeps getting into good positions as often as he has.
What the fk is npxg?

I swear people just whack a new letter in front of all these bullshit meaningless random acronyms to try to dress up a bullshit meaningless random stat.

Last edited:
What the fk is npxg?

I swear people just whack a new letter in front of all these bullshit meaningless random acronyms to try to dress up a bullshit meaningless random stat.
xG ignoring penalties.

True!

Manchester United:
xG after 6 games: 10,81
goals scored: 5

Haaland:
xG after 6 games: 5,76
goals scored: 10

Having attackers who convert chances doesn't matter, because as we all know from a differnt thread: finishing isn't a thing.

Joshua desperately needs a goal and he needs to get into good positions more often.
You realize that he plays in a much better team? The point is that it is very hard for any striker to outperform in our current team?

I really love the look of Zirkzee but he’s nowhere near the finished article, he has talent no question but this kid needs to world on two areas of his game to become Elite.

He’s never going to be the quickest but he needs match fitness and the ability to get through and time his runs better, he’s often just a half a yard or a yard short or he’s stretching to finish a chance.

He needs to work with RVN on finishing and types of finishes;

1. One Touch Finishing
2. two Touch finishing
3. using his physicality with heading finishing drills
4. shooting outside the Penalty Box

He’s already a very clever number 10 or false 9 but United need a number 9 too, so he needs goals and a lot of work, if he shows the right attitude, I think at 24-25 he’ll be the real deal but can United wait that long when Hojlund is also a huge Work in progress, I’m not so sure we can?

FC Porto 3:3 Man Utd New
What a waste of money. Could've signed Samu - an actual striker - for the same money.

Ah yes, should have listened to all your posts about him during summer.
That's a bit of a stupid argument, isn't it? I'm not paid to scout for Manchester United. If we needed a striker, why the feck did we spend it on someone that isn't any good there?

He doesn't like to get involved does he? It's weird watching him play. Its as if he has no interest in playing

His body language is so weird. It's like he's barely arsed at times :lol:

Starting to look like a total miss match honestly. Definitely a good player in there, but not a targetman no. 9 at all.

His body language is so weird. It's like he's barely arsed at times :lol:

Starting to look like a total miss match honestly. Defibitely a good player in there, but not a targetman no. 9 at all.

Blame that moron in the dugout for putting him on as a target man, it’s a complete waste of time.
I assumed we’d signed Zirkzee to compliment Hojlund and give us something different, not just to get the ball lumped up to him.

Him and Ugarte look like horrible signings so far, neither anywhere near what we needed.

We were chasing goals, and probably 100% of millions of United fans thought that we'd finally see him and Hojlund playing together. But the genius in charge had other idea.

Maybe he's not the pressing machine I had hoped he would be, but I'd like to see him break a sweat occasionally. Sick of seeing him jog about like he's prime Ronaldo.

Maybe he's not the pressing machine I had hoped he would be, but I'd like to see him break a sweat occasionally. Sick of seeing him jog about like he's prime Ronaldo.
Agreed. I just don't understand how a manager alllow players to play when they don't ever go into a full sprint.

On the basis of what I've seen I'd have him over Hojlund easily.

He will come good. Don’t lose your faith so early
You’d have to be a seriously talented footballer to be a top attacking player with his mobility - and whilst he’s good technically I see zero evidence to suggest he’s elite. How the feck we’ve managed to sign yet another attacker who plays with zero intensity and physicality after finally flogging Sancho and DVB is a real head scratcher.

I like Zirkzee's profile and do feel he has upside to get better and improve his goals ratio but how we are using him makes no sense to me. He's not a target man yet we are lumping balls up to him.

Why didn't we target someone like Samu Omorodion given the price? He looks like a young player tailor made for the EPL, that will go on to become an amazing striker given the physical tools he's been blessed with. He would've been a great option coming off the bench. Makes me wonder if Zirkzee was a club or ETH choice as a backup striker.

How on earth we've signed someone with his attributes (prancing around, no urgency) after having struggled for years with the likes of Martial, Sancho and Rashford is beyond me. Signing this profile of player simply has to stop!

ETH doesn't know how to get the best out of him. ETH doesn't know how to get the best out of anyone.

Why's he still managing us?
Not one player has improved or been consistently playing at a good level.

You’d have to be a seriously talented footballer to be a top attacking player with his mobility - and whilst he’s good technically I see zero evidence to suggest he’s elite. How the feck we’ve managed to sign yet another attacker who plays with zero intensity and physicality after finally flogging Sancho and DVB is a real head scratcher.
Depending on what elite means. Most top teams do not have the elite forward you mean. ETH just hasn’t figured out how to play a system which works. All players look bad now.

On the basis of what I've seen I'd have him over Hojlund easily.
I'm probably in the minority but I like both. I think they're both promising players. I'd actually like to see them together with Zirkzee as our 10 as, so far, I think Zirkzee's biggest strength has been knitting our play together, so he can carry on doing that without the added pressure of leading the line whilst Holjund occupies the typical 9 role.

I'm probably in the minority but I like both. I think they're both promising players. I'd actually like to see them together with Zirkzee as our 10 as, so far, I think Zirkzee's biggest strength has been knitting our play together, so he can carry on doing that without the added pressure of leading the line whilst Holjund occupies the typical 9 role.
Agreed, they are probably two years away from where we need them to be.
We also need the team to understand how to use them. We have to play through Zirkzee whereas Hojlund is a ball over the top/ channel runner. Zirkzee makes better decisions than any other attacker on our team, he also has a better weight of pass. He should be getting as many touches as possible during build up then getting into box Harry Kane style once we pin the opposition back.

Did you watch him much in the Netherlands? If not, I think you need to hold off on jumping to conclusions about what he will and won’t good at. He’s being judged on such a tiny sample of games and in at least one of them (Palace) he didn’t look in any way hindered by a lack of mobility, intensity or physicality. He looked like a very good footballer. Add that to the important goal on his debut and I think we’ve seen a young player with plenty to offer, who’s still settling in a new team/league and only looked really out of his depth in games where everyone around him was stinking the place out.

He's not exactly an RVN or an RVP is he? more like a ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is he actually a professional footballer? Has anyone checked if he has his professional footballer rewards card?

I knew he wasn't a striker, but I'm starting to think he isn't even a footballer.

Laughable people on think getting rid of McSauce and replacing him with this muppet was a good idea.