Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
The ability of Manchester United to buy players that don't suit their team or style AT ALL is just amazing.

Zirkzee was brilliant for our national team last month and great in Italy, but somehow looks about as good as me in a United shirt. Just terrible :lol:

Can someone shove a rocket up him and tell him to look more enthusiastic? He looks permanently stoned

We need to figure out how to use thislad properly. Either as a number 10, or he will look much better if we have a fully functioning set of wode players and a 10 behind him who don't play lottery ball.

Looked slightly worse than I would have looked in a United shirt today and I’m nearly 40 and can’t walk today after a round of golf yesterday.

Top talent they said who was the coup of the window, looks like we got properly mugged for a guy who looks and plays like Mejbri. :lol: The bar for United fans thinking they had a good window has never been lower.

Yes and that's a pretty damning indictment on Serie A.
Busted flushes in the EPL like Sanchez and Young go and manage to look a level below world class there. Lukaku manages to convince every club to buy him there too after looking like a useless donkey here. That should tell you what you need to know.

Busted flushes in the EPL like Sanchez and Young go and manage to look a level below world class there. Lukaku manages to convince every club to buy him there too after looking like a useless donkey here. That should tell you what you need to know.

Yep it's a third or fourth tier league these days. Not much above the Eredivisie.

Lukaku looked very good in England too. This isn't about the league, he didn't do well in his first season in Italy and also only scored 4 in his last 20. He also had a failed loan spell at Parma.

Bologna were also tactically quite unique to the rest of the league. If anything his last season has been an anomaly and not the norm.

Yep it's a third or fourth tier league these days. Not much above the Eredivisie.

Maybe a few years ago but Serie A has been a lot better in recent years as shown by their European Coefficients. Roma X2 Atalanta, Inter, Fiorentina X2 have all reached European finals in the past two years.

Funny how Italy is the second ranked country by UEFA association coefficients this season, behind England but ahead of Spain and Germany.

He's been nowhere near up to the speed of the PL. Looks like a player who could do with a 2 or 3 month loan spell at a smaller PL club to bring him up to speed. But the problem is, I don't know what PL club would even take the lad on loan, given his performances so far!

He isn't being utilised to use his best qualities, he's no leader of a line. I do wonder if he'll ever be good enough to justify that low intensity approach? Seems like a squad player to provide a different approach at best.

He looks over weight, looks like he lacks any type of bite or fire in his game. Being saying it since we were linked to him. Terrible signing. More money burnt.

He looks sluggish. Dont know why but he does not even look like an athlete. Looks overweight.

I have a hard time appreciating footballers that look so incredibly sluggish, slow and heavy

looks like your typical Leipzig player that is "tidy" and that's probably the only good thing you can say about him.

not that fast, not much of a killer, but also isn't a limited Rickie Lambert type of a striker.

tidy.

Ok I’ve been very critical of him and. Think he’s no good but in the interest of being positive how many strikers started a bit shite but turned it around for us.

Forlan had started to show his class the season before leaving after a dreadful start.

Usually our top strikers start really well and continue that way.

IIRC Forlan ran his socks off and worked hard for the team. He never showed signs of being a great goal scorer (for us) but we took to him because of his effort.

Zirkzee deals in little touches and a bit of link-up play. He’s eye for goal is up their woth Weghorst.

When will our bad recruitment end??
The stats in a poor league were massive red flags. Same with Antony in Eredivisie.

People were trying to push the notion that our summer transfer window was a 10/10!

Our front 3 is mid table standard, and the midfield isn’t much better.

I just pray that Yoro and a couple of our other youth players become world class, because it looks like we still need to spend another few hundred million to have a competent squad and the finances don’t seem in a good place.

I’ve said it before but Zirkzee looks out of his depth. Can’t see him scoring more than the odd goal, if that. Even playing him and Hojlund together would be no better. Ten Hag should be sacked on the basis of how many players he has signed and how many are truly awful. I could draw up a list but I’m tired now after watching that rubbish today. Good job Villa we’re out of form.

I feel bad for Zirkzee and the other signings. All we do is ruin good players. Bruno must have some sort of immunity. He's the only one to come here and not drop off.

He had a bad appearance today, everything he touched today went Villa's way. It's like he was sleeping on the bench, got woken up and had to enter the pitch in 30 seconds time.

Totally not aware where his players at, lethargic in the moves, no energy whatsoever. I know he is not fast, but show some urgency, show some fight. He played those 30 minutes like we were 4-0 up. Don't get me started at that No-Look flick to absolutely nobody.

Think making Bruno press so high so we have almost two strikers effects both his & hojlunds game.

Our tactics have regressed this year since Ten Hag is trying to keep his job.

Know it's early but he currently screams "lump"

None of our young players look like they're being coached to be fair. Garnacho and Mainoo have been poor and ponderous with signs that they're being left to their own devices. It's an indictment of how bad our manager and coaches are at their jobs.

That being said, as a player, the least you can do is show some fire and work hard. You're responsible for how much effort you put in. He looks slow and uninterested. It's hard to like a player who plays as lazily as him.

Poor lad looks terrified and out of his depth.
He looks far too slow and lethargic for this league, especially off the ball.
Even if he starts to come good, there’s no way a player with such a lack of short term pace and agility, can survive the speed and physicality of the EPL.
The apparent lack of natural aggression is worst than Sancho’s and Rashford’s.

Milan must be laughing (probably not too hard as they got Abraham instead)