Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it confirmed (in as much as these things ever are) that we're not paying any of his salary whilst he's on loan there?

I hope Chelsea will monitor his late night activities before training?

Actually, I’m not bothered now, it’s their problem

Sancho back in London again. Not sure that's the best move for him tbh.

Wish it was done sooner so we could've at least got in a replacement. 25 Mill is good considering his wage and if we got a loan fee on top of that (which I doubt) that would be even better !

A decent replacement would be a doorstop.
Or a draft excluder. Basically, anything that actually does what it’s supposed to do.

I read somewhere that obligation to buy is conditional if certian conditions are met.:(
wondering how they negotiated the wages with Chelsea paying less than 100,00 a week for their players.

I read somewhere that obligation to buy is conditional if certian conditions are met.:(
wondering how they negotiated the wages with Chelsea paying less than 100,00 a week for their players.
Hopefully it's conditional on us winning the Champions League this year.

Lets be clear here, nobody, including the Chelsea "Manager" knows what their style of play will be. How Sancho fits into all that chaos is any ones guess. What I know is that it has not worked out at United for various reasons. Wish the lad all the best for the future.
It’s been 2 PL matches and our style of play is actually pretty crystal clear already. There will be growing pains for sure but Maresca already has the team set up and playing his way.

He cannot possibly be worse than Mudryk has been for us so I suppose it makes this move slightly palatable. Sancho will at least not look like a terrified deer in the headlights like Mudryk does.

Don't be so sure of that. Mudryk is a much more talented player than Sancho.

He will be good for them but happy this ordeal is over for both us and him. Wish him the best against our rivals but hoping we finish above Chelsea in all his time at Chelsea.

No longer our problem now but we need to reinforce our attack, need to start looking in January

Jadon Sancho playing for a badly run club in London? What could possibly go wrong?

I'm not someone who wishes ill on anyone but I can see this being a total disaster for both parties. He's attitude stinks and I can see him fading into mid-table obscurity after running his contract down.

Then watch the club fail to score 60 PL goals for the fourth season running.
I'm under no illusions that we will struggle to score goals. However, if you sign a young striker for big money (Højlund) and add a different alternative in Zirkzee, you give the two of them the opportunity to develop. You don't plonk £40m on Ivan Toney.

I'm all for signing a winger. In fact, I'd like two. However, if we have decided that Garnacho's future for us is on the right, we will need two left sided options - not right sided.

As for some sort of goalscoring McTominay replacement - not for me. We could really do with Mount staying fit and backing up Bruno. I would have liked a deputy for Mainoo.

No word really from the United journalists yet so expect we'll know if there is a loan fee then. The word earlier was Chelsea has offered a higher loan fee than Juve.

So presumably their loan with obligation to buy proposal was higher than Juve, am I correct in thinking that?

Apparently Chelsea offered higher fee in loan with no obligation deal but we decided to go with obligation deal. Shows how well regarded Sancho is at United

So amazed that this deal got done. I just hope the obligation to buy is for certain. Would hate to have him back in United if certain conditions aren't met.

Apparently Chelsea offered higher fee in loan with no obligation deal but we decided to go with obligation deal. Shows how well regarded Sancho is at United

It is quite the indictment when you think of it that way. I suppose no more so than getting rid of him on loan when we aren't exactly a goalscoring menace as a team.

Don't be so sure of that. Mudryk is a much more talented player than Sancho.
I feel like non-Chelsea fans are badly underestimating just how pitiful Mudryk has been for us. At the very least Sancho showed flashes of his old self when at Dortmund last season. Not pre-United levels but he showed something. Mudryk has done feck all and has in fact actively hurt us on the pitch he’s been so poor. He is basically unusable currently.

I feel like non-Chelsea fans are badly underestimating just how pitiful Mudryk has been for us. At the very least Sancho showed flashes of his old self when at Dortmund last season. Not pre-United levels but he showed something. Mudryk has done feck all and has in fact actively hurt us on the pitch he’s been so poor. He is basically unusable currently.
And Sancho will hurt you on and off the pitch.

Hopefully it's conditional on us winning the Champions League this year.

I think it's how many ketchup sachets one can find in Boehly's crevasses. If it's more than two, you're stuck with him. I like those odds.

I also think you possibly underrate how "unusable" Sancho is in the Premier League.

We are literally giving him to you who realistically are probably our number 1 rival for 4th/5th and cheating it on just because it means he won't play for us again.

Would still rather Sancho than Rashford but hey ho

Would rather Sancho rather than Antony too

From what I'm hearing this is an actual go?

Really happy about this one, I don't want to wish anyone ill, but I remember us signing him and I was really annoyed whilst my brother (Villa fan) told me how wrong I was.

Was always the wrong player for us, we paid massively over the odds, I know we're probably going to get twelve pence and a Twix as the actual transfer fee, but that should teach us not to invest in hype again.

I don't think I've been as happy to see the back of a player as much as this waster as a United fan. Too many wasted chances, from the time to get his head straight in the Netherlands to the falling out with Ten Hag. Thankfully we didn't buy him the season before and waste more money.

The obligation to buy will likely be based on performances which is fair enough. If he's class for them hopefully we'll have a nice juicy fee coming our way next summer which will soften the blow.

There is no universe in which this is even remotely close to true.

In terms of natural talent, I don't even think it's a debate. With Mudryk, his shortcomings are all mental things which can be overcome IMO. Probably won't happen at Chelsea, though, unless Maresca creates a good team and environment for him to thrive in and also helps the player in his individual development, because that hasn't gone anywhere but arguably backwards since he went there. But when he shows glimpses of what he's capable of, you know that his peak potential is frighteningly good. He just needs a good mental state and a good team to achieve it.

With Sancho, his Bundesliga numbers overestimated him in the eyes of most football fans. His numbers were only so impressive because he always had way too much space and time on the ball created for him. 90% of his goal contributions came from such situations. His peak potential IMO, in a top team and with a good mental state, is a bench option to break down deep defenses with his movement and link-up play. Or being a flat track bully in a weaker league like he was at Dortmund. Mudryk's potential, under the same circumstances, is much higher IMO.

So overall, I think both of their struggles had a lot to do with both mental issues and bad environments, but I don't think Sancho has the tools to become an elite player even if he was dedicated and happy, whilst playing for a City/Arsenal level team. With Mudryk, I feel like he has the tools, but his decision making often awful, he plays in a shit team, and looks like a guy who's just lost, for me.

Indiscipline, self-exile, non performing, prima donna, toxic and whatnots. How is he better than Rashford and Antony?

That lad just hates Rashford with a burning passion.

I don't truly disagree that right now today we would be assured to get a better performance out of Rashford tomorrow than Sancho.

The difference is that Rashford has proven he can be a good player at Premier League level. Is he now? Well I'd rather take that risk than someone who has only ever looked like Rashford at his worst with none of the highlights of being a really dangerous attacker in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.