Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is better than Antony, Antony is a total waste of space

Antony has scored against Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Barcelona, winners in the FA Cup, League cup. He works hard, he has never kicked up a fuss, he plays like he has a pulse, works and isn't terrified of being touched by a defender.

I'd gladly sell Antony tomorrow but I'd take Antony over Sancho 1000 times out of 1000.

He is better than Antony, Antony is a total waste of space
If you are not discipline and self exile for smallest thing in the universe. What's the use? How about affecting team moral? Toxic? I will choose Antony any day. At the very least, he give his all on the pitch. Consistently tracking back and defend. Running non stop. Albeit he has not justify his price tag yet. But he has the right attitude to work on and hopefully he will come good.

I feel like non-Chelsea fans are badly underestimating just how pitiful Mudryk has been for us. At the very least Sancho showed flashes of his old self when at Dortmund last season. Not pre-United levels but he showed something. Mudryk has done feck all and has in fact actively hurt us on the pitch he’s been so poor. He is basically unusable currently.
thing is, I feel Sancho's playing style just doesn't fit the PL at all. He did well in Germany because he had time and space, but that isn't the case in the PL. He constantly ends up slowing down play as a result, and he doesn't have the pace to be an impactful 1v1 player either. He's simply been a very ineffective PL player and I doubt that'll change at Chelsea.

Antony has scored against Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Barcelona, winners in the FA Cup, League cup. He works hard, he has never kicked up a fuss, he plays like he has a pulse, works and isn't terrified of being touched by a defender.

I'd gladly sell Antony tomorrow but I'd take Antony over Sancho 1000 times out of 1000.
Name checks out..

He's on loan with an as yet unknown target to hit to make the obligation to buy kick in.

If he's really shit, he'll be back.

I trust Ashworth knows what he is doing. Sancho is gone permanently. The loan and obligation just for accounting purposes to comply with FFP and whatnots

I’m not sure he does. He definitely plays like he hasn’t got a head.

I’m not sure he does. He definitely plays like he hasn’t got a head.

Great, that was fun.

Antony definitely plays like he's desperate to make it work. I've watched Antony so many times and been annoyed that he wasn't good enough, I've literally never watched him and felt like he didn't care if he was good enough. I'd take that over Sancho every day.

Could possibly be our worst signing in recent memory. Not because he’s the worst player but because he doesnt want to be here, it feels like he never got man united and what it means. He will give more at Chelsea, he’s a Chelsea fan and he gets it. He doesn’t get man united. I know I’m probably not making sense as I’m drunk. But he’s not a man United player. Simple.

Would Antony play a key role in a team that gets to a CL final. And probably should have won it had they taken their chances in the first 65 mins.

Weird argument. David Neres played a key role in a team that got to the semis but should’ve gone to the final. Not sure he’s better than Antony. And that Ajax side was better than 23/24 Dortmund too. Hell, that Dortmund side isn’t even better than 22/23 United and Sancho didn’t show more than Antony in that season.

Bang on. He’s been largely overwhelming, but he has contributed and always puts in a shift if nothing else.

Has definitely done more than Sancho, and in less time.

Can't think of any transfer window that is better then this now. Good job INEOS. Get rid Sancho.

I feel like non-Chelsea fans are badly underestimating just how pitiful Mudryk has been for us. At the very least Sancho showed flashes of his old self when at Dortmund last season. Not pre-United levels but he showed something. Mudryk has done feck all and has in fact actively hurt us on the pitch he’s been so poor. He is basically unusable currently.
Ability wise Sancho is miles better. But his mentality and work ethic are extremely poor. Terrific news for us to get rid of this freeloader.

Would Antony play a key role in a team that gets to a CL final. And probably should have won it had they taken their chances in the first 65 mins.

Antony played a key role in a team that reached the Champions League Semi Final and would have made the final if not for a late colapse against Spurs.

I'm under no illusions that we will struggle to score goals. However, if you sign a young striker for big money (Højlund) and add a different alternative in Zirkzee, you give the two of them the opportunity to develop. You don't plonk £40m on Ivan Toney.

I'm all for signing a winger. In fact, I'd like two. However, if we have decided that Garnacho's future for us is on the right, we will need two left sided options - not right sided.

As for some sort of goalscoring McTominay replacement - not for me. We could really do with Mount staying fit and backing up Bruno. I would have liked a deputy for Mainoo.
The problem with signing young strikers are that they are developing players and have no pedigree of playing 50 plus games a season and scoring 25-35 goals so the team is in constant flux, if we play Zirkzee he possibly creates more and then you rely on your inverted strikers scoring more goals in the same way Firminho facilitated Mane and. salah, if you play an out and out 9 like Rasmus you need Playmaker wingers and creative full backs that create multiple chances,, we don’t have neither so we are relying on Bruno and Rashford finding form and hitting a couple of purple patches.

We didn’t need to sign Ivan Toney, even a ftransfer for a former United player like Wellbeck for a nominal fee would have been an ideal short term squad upgrade, add that to Adrian Rabiot who can play 6 or Creative 8 and can add goals and I think we would have been much better set for the season ahead.

Bang on. He’s been largely overwhelming, but he has contributed and always puts in a shift if nothing else.

Has definitely done more than Sancho, and in less time.

I'd carry the lad to another club but I'd also shine his boots before a game if it meant he was playing ahead of Sancho.

Trying really does matter at the top level.

Great, that was fun.

Antony definitely plays like he's desperate to make it work. I've watched Antony so many times and been annoyed that he wasn't good enough, I've literally never watched him and felt like he didn't care if he was good enough. I'd take that over Sancho every day.
I don’t disagree with that sentiment, but Antony is only desperate to cut inside and shoot or pass it backwards. I would love him to have a breakout season but it doesn’t seem likely.

Could Antont play well against a 1 decent team in a season?

That's what Sancho did. Yes, he absolutely could.

Ability wise Sancho is miles better. But his mentality and work ethic are extremely poor. Terrific news for us to get rid of this freeloader.

How is Sancho miles better? A winger with no pace, no physicality and no explosiveness?

Ornstein.

“The England international joins on an initial loan with the west London club having an obligation to make the switch permanent next summer for a fee in the region of £20million to £25m depending on performance milestones.”

Reads to me like he’s saying performance milestones will determine whether he goes for £20-25m, rather than whether he goes or not in general.

I don’t disagree with that sentiment, but Antony is only desperate to cut inside and shoot or pass it backwards. I love him to have a breakout season but it doesn’t seem likely.

My friend I couldn't agree with you enough. I spoke about it on here earlier. I'm genuinely so sick of wingers who can only cut inside.

It is basically negligent as a winger to only do that because it obviously makes you harder to defend against if you show you can do both.

Ironically though the only long term hope I have in Antony (it isn't much, more than Sancho but still not a lot) is that there were a couple of times he came on as a sub last season on the right and started mixing up going inside and outside. Suddenly he could beat a man cause they weren't sure.

I doubt he will be a long term success here but if he is then him threatening both ways will be a big part.

Either way he still tries and isn't a total coward the second he's fronted up by a defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.