Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting United are willing to do business with us now.

In the past despite us being willing the other way (Mata, Matic, Mount) you've refused to even entertain the idea of selling to us, even when it was obvious you'd get the better of the deal (ala when Jose wanted a washed up Rooney).
I spent a long old summer arguing we should let you have Rooney.

Have you tried to buy anyone else from us and been rejected? I'm struggling to think who you're thinking we turned you down over.

It's also that moving on from Jadon now improves our financial standing to allow us to bring in a quality replacement in future windows. If that means in the short term we're a bit short then that's just part of the medicine we need to take in rebuilding the squad after years of poor purchases coupled with extravagant expenses on fees and wages.

We are not better on the pitch for having sold Sancho, but we are in a better position to get to where we want in the long run as a result. That's all.
This exactly! I'm not evaluating this window based on a one year window. In fact, given where we are with the squad, a win now move like buying Toney would've been very disappointing to me. This move frees up a ton of money that can be used on another good young player next summer. For that reason alone, I'm very excited about it.

Good riddance to him. If he wasn’t such a complete dickhead you’d expect him to rue this missed opportunity in years to come.

This is like a new signing with the message clearly sent to the whole dressing room that you are out of the club if you have a bad attitude.

Is it official though? Cause there's nothing on either official websites

Nothing will change at Chelsea. He’ll coast in training and get bypassed by players that really want it. He doesn’t have the mentality or workrate to make it at a big club. He expects things to just be given to him and he’ll crumble as soon as he’s forced to compete for minutes. Good riddance. I’m glad he’s gone. Waste of talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fortitude
Makes more sense for Chelsea than I realised as he's closer to first choice LW than here.

Jackson, Sancho, Palmer, Neto is a dangerous front 4. With Nkunku, Mudryk, Felix, Madueke as options.

I hope he leads a dressing room revolt at Chelsea because the training is too tough and discipline too exacting for him.

Yaaay....finally we dumped a washed up bloke on Chelsea after years of it being the other way round.

Is it official though? Cause there's nothing on either official websites

There are still some fine details. if the main paper work is submtted before deadline hours then they have till tomorrow to finalize.

According to Romano only if Chelsea finish beow 14th the obligation fails.

"for was there ever a tale filled with more woe,

Than that of Manchester United and Jadon Sancho"

I spent a long old summer arguing we should let you have Rooney.

Have you tried to buy anyone else from us and been rejected? I'm struggling to think who you're thinking we turned you down over.
There were rumours about Ronaldo in 2022 aswell as Martial being part of a Willian deal in 2018 IIRC.

He is better than Antony, Antony is a total waste of space
Antony's first season was comfortably better than any season Sancho has had for us. Even his dreadful second season was about the same level as Sancho has been.

Obviously Sancho's performance for Dortmund (his first time around) was far better than anything Antony has ever done in his career, but in terms of how they've done for us Antony has been better.

Worst signing in PL history without a doubt. Waster of a player good riddance.

Yaaay....finally we dumped a washed up bloke on Chelsea after years of it being the other way round.
Amen

Anybody thinking he will turn into prime Mbappe at Chelsea, forget even fecking Dortmund didnt want him on the permanent deal, the only club where he has bee half decent

According to Romano only if Chelsea finish beow 14th the obligation fails.
14 sounds fairly low bar even for Chelsea, but you never know with these miserable fecks

I guess we will have to half-cheer for them to not turn into absolute shit and only remain half shit?

Wait a second, I don’t think it’s fair to characterize Mata, Matic and Mount as washed up at the time we signed them. To a varying degree, they were or are not living up to the standard, but certainly not washed up and hopeless like Sancho is with us.

I hope he leads a dressing room revolt at Chelsea because the training is too tough and discipline too exacting for him.
We want to make sure he fulfills any clause to ensure the obligations to buy kicks in.

Do we know if Chelsea are covering all of his wages during the loan spell? If that’s the case, I suppose a loan fee is too much to ask for?

Wait a second, I don’t think it’s fair to characterize Mata, Matic and Mount as washed up at the time we signed them. To a varying degree, they were or are not living up to the standard, but certainly not washed up and hopeless like Sancho is with us.

Mata and Matic were already on the decline when they joined while Mount seems incredibly injury prone. Though I don't think we got fecked as much as Chelsea did. Sancho can be toxic when he doesn't get what he wants and he hardly works hard to get it

20-25M is on the lower side of things, considering they wont cover his full wages this season. But I guess United were very desperate to get rid.

Wouldnt surprise me if Chelsea sell him for 30-35M soon either.

Do we know if Chelsea are covering all of his wages during the loan spell? If that’s the case, I suppose a loan fee is too much to ask for?
Believe they are covering all his wages (circa 250k / week) but not sure on the loan fee but I reckon there will be something there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.