Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The England international joins on an initial loan with the west London club having an obligation to make the switch permanent next summer for a fee in the region of £20million to £25m depending on performance milestones.”

Reads to me like he’s saying performance milestones will determine whether he goes for £20-25m, rather than whether he goes or not in general.

If true let's all just hope he costs 25 mil rather than 20 (because that means he's been decent)!

Any word on how much they're gonna pay him once the transfer goes through next summer? Beyond jokes about 17 year contracts ideally.

What a dreadful transfer this has been.

Glad he's gone but where is the replacement for him, we only have four wingers and two of them are not good enough.

So, Chelsea will have both Sancho and Sterling next season. They didn't manage to get rid of Sterling for good and welcoming another potential flop. Good deal for us.

I get the excitement he’s gone but some are getting carried away like this sale has any impact on the pitch. It’s not like he was a shite player starting every game and getting undeserved minutes.

He hasn’t played a minute for us in over a year so it’s not like him departing makes us any better or creates minutes for better players because he had no minutes anyway.

I get the excitement he’s gone but some are getting carried away like this sale has any impact on the pitch. It’s not like he was a shite player starting every game and getting undeserved minutes.

He hasn’t played a minute for us in over a year
so it’s not like him departing makes us any better or creates minutes for better players because he had no minutes anyway.

He had a dreadful cameo a fortnight ago in the community shield.

A fitting end to his Utd career, came on and strolled around then missed his pen.

Him leaving does make us better though, I think he was a bad presence in the dressing room. Terrible attitude.

He hasn’t played a minute for us in over a year so it’s not like him departing makes us any better or creates minutes for better players because he had no minutes anyway.
It's not about that. Everyone knows he has played very little since the fallout with Ten Hag.

The happiness comes from the fact his attitude stinks. The manager of a football club needs to have control and if they don't have control, then there is a big problem. Sancho had no argument to get supporters to back him; his performances weren't up to standard. You also have the point of the managers getting sacked because the players stopped believing in their principles.

We now have a manager who the club is believing in and entrusting in over player power. Time will tell whether it's the right man. Personally, I think he is. That doesn't matter, though. Even for the politics aspect, ''No player is bigger than the club''. This sends a message to every other player. Even though we spent big money on a transfer and give you a high salary, if you don't make the cut you won't last here.

How do you think his attitude would have faired with Fergie? I am not comparing Ten Hag to Fergie but you get where I'm coming from.

Well if he does end up back here it'll be pretty funny at least.

Yeah, it would be hilarious if top 4 is all sealed up come May 18th and we’re all rooting for Chelsea to win so that they finish 14th and keep Sancho.

It's not about that. Everyone knows he has played very little since the fallout with Ten Hag.

The happiness comes from the fact his attitude stinks. The manager of a football club needs to have control and if they don't have control, then there is a big problem. Sancho had no argument to get supporters to back him; his performances weren't up to standard. You also have the point of the managers getting sacked because the players stopped believing in their principles.

We now have a manager who the club is believing in and entrusting in over player power. Time will tell whether it's the right man. Personally, I think he is. That doesn't matter, though. Even for the politics aspect, ''No player is bigger than the club''. This sends a message to every other player. Even though we spent big money on a transfer and give you a high salary, if you don't make the cut you won't last here.

How do you think his attitude would have faired with Fergie? I am not comparing Ten Hag to Fergie but you get where I'm coming from.

It's also that moving on from Jadon now improves our financial standing to allow us to bring in a quality replacement in future windows. If that means in the short term we're a bit short then that's just part of the medicine we need to take in rebuilding the squad after years of poor purchases coupled with extravagant expenses on fees and wages.

We are not better on the pitch for having sold Sancho, but we are in a better position to get to where we want in the long run as a result. That's all.

What a shame ! We spend two seasons in recruiting Sancho from Dortmund and then 1-2 seasons trying to offload him.
One of the worst transfers in United history.

It's also that moving on from Jadon now improves our financial standing to allow us to bring in a quality replacement in future windows. If that means in the short term we're a bit short then that's just part of the medicine we need to take in rebuilding the squad after years of poor purchases coupled with extravagant expenses on fees and wages.

We are not better on the pitch for having sold Sancho, but we are in a better position to get to where we want in the long run as a result. That's all.
Yes, exactly. It is a loan with an obligation to buy.

Not everything is going to be perfect over one transfer window to get to where need to be but like you said, it's medicine which helps United get better over time. My main point in my previous post was basically just to be realistic and patient. It looks like the club are making steps and decisions to get back on the right track. Time will tell, of course. Progress this season isn't winning the league, it's to get back in the top 4 and hopefully win a cup.

What a deal! We get 20-25m and saved 3 years of his salary 47m. Total package of 67m-72m for an unwanted player.

Exactly all that + well be saving £17~ p/a on his wages, which can go into the transfer kitty. Coupled with his transfer fee, we can be around 60m better off within a couple of years

Any news on the loan fee? All I is obligation to buy is between 20-25 million if Chelsea finish top 14.

Anything on the initial loan fee?

Exactly all that + well be saving £17~ p/a on his wages, which can go into the transfer kitty. Coupled with his transfer fee, we can be around 60m better off within a couple of years
Exactly. It seems to be a good move business wise. It's a longer game. I am no expert on big business. I run a small business so I get what this deal is about. It won't improve on the pitch right now, it will in the future when he's sold and off the books as it free's up finances to get a better suited player. They are playing chess, not chequers.

Any news on the loan fee? All I is obligation to buy is between 20-25 million if Chelsea finish top 14.

Anything on the initial loan fee?
I couldn't find anything on a fee for the loan. It seems United got his wages (13m) off their wage bill that Chelsea will pay. That means they get less of his transfer value (20m-25m) purchase obligation at end of loan. Also, 13m less for the remaining year of his contract which in total comes to around 50m of a value.

13m x 2 = 26m of wages freed up off their books.

20m-25m of a transfer sale.

A nice 50m signing incoming next summer.

Think he will do well at Chelsea unfortunately, with the type of football Maresca wants to play alongside the likes of Palmer.

It's interesting United are willing to do business with us now.

In the past despite us being willing the other way (Mata, Matic, Mount) you've refused to even entertain the idea of selling to us, even when it was obvious you'd get the better of the deal (ala when Jose wanted a washed up Rooney).

It's interesting United are willing to do business with us now.

In the past despite us being willing the other way (Mata, Matic, Mount) you've refused to even entertain the idea of selling to us, even when it was obvious you'd get the better of the deal (ala when Jose wanted a washed up Rooney).
Took a while for all these clubs to realize that their best chance at moving some players on is to go to rivals in their own league, since others around Europe can't afford the same prices.

My logic is always you should just trust your own process, and not think of "what if this fecks us".

Status
Not open for further replies.