Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect move for him. Gone to a club with so many players that no-one will notice when he doesn’t turn up for training.

Tremendous work by the club to get this guy out, I genuinely thought he'd sit out the full term doing fa then leaving on a free

Glad we also got to benefit from the Chelsea transfer circus before it all blows up in their face

Nothing will change at Chelsea. He’ll coast in training and get bypassed by players that really want it. He doesn’t have the mentality or workrate to make it at a big club. He expects things to just be given to him and he’ll crumble as soon as he’s forced to compete for minutes. Good riddance. I’m glad he’s gone. Waste of talent.
I'll reckon he'll do well at Chelsea. Will get off to a good start, keep it up, train well and rejuvenate. It'll disappear, of course, but not before a raft of negative, anti-us discourse.

The argument will annoyingly shift onto United 'trying to destroy him' (including on here, mainly as part of an anti-EtH agenda) without any reference to the player's own application during his well-monied time here.

This actually happened when he played well at Dortmund, his semi-final performance at psg considered ample proof (again, by quite few of our own supporters) and how England should come knocking now he's 'back'.

Whatever the argument we should be delighted he has gone. An absolutely terrible professional and the type of overhyped signing hopefully, hopefully, no longer to be attempted at our club.

Just thought of something if it’s a loan he can’t play against parent team right. Don’t want the little shit to just suddenly play like Messi against us

The sort of deal that can only make sense. Even if he recaptures his dortmund form and they get him for £20m, he was never going to do that here. Just glad his wages are gone and we’ve got a bit of a fee to help with psr.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way he's coming back here is if Chelsea finish lower than 14th in the table, is that right?

Antony says hello
Depends on what you are rating. In terms of being so obviously over-priced even when we first signed him, Antony is hard to beat. But in terms of what they've done at the club since they arrived Sancho is much worse. He's somehow not only performed worse, but also had all the bullshit and unprofessionalism. Was sent on a couple of months holiday to get his shit together, then came back and fell out with the manager and club to such an extent that he never played a competitive match for us again.

Perfect move for him. Gone to a club with so many players that no-one will notice when he doesn’t turn up for training.
:D
Tremendous work by the club to get this guy out, I genuinely thought he'd sit out the full term doing fa then leaving on a free

Glad we also got to benefit from the Chelsea transfer circus before it all blows up in their face
If he was doing FA at the same time as he was doing us, that’d make him some hustler!

Going by what James Ducker (who I believe is a good source?) says, correct.
Thanks. Well that's good news, and if he somehow absurdly does end up back here we'll all be having a good laugh at Chelsea's expense.

That’s an oddly specific clause. Wonder why they insisted on that.
To get something in there that is very likely to be achieved and something that Chelsea wouldn't want influence to their advantage (i.e. just benching Sancho if it's based on minutes played).

For Chelsea's books, it probably is beneficial for them to only commit to the fee once the season is finished.

So based on what we "know", he's leaving permanently next summer if Chelsea end up in 14th or better. Closer to 1st means closer to 25 million and closer to 14th means closer to 20 million.
But what I'm more curious about is if there's any loan fee, do we get any money straight away? And I really really hope he didn't have to lower his salary and that Chelsea will cover it. But if the rumours about the salary they offered Osimhen is anything to go by, I highly doubt he's getting paid above 200k from them.

Last edited:
Antony at least try

Way worse signing than Antony. Went missing for 5 months to get his head straight, then went AWOL last season concluding in 2 loan moves whilst pocketing 300k a week?

Antony is shite but Sancho is on another level. Playing FIFA till early hours of the morning whilst the team was going through an injury crisis? he can generally get fecked. A miracle anybody was willing to take him I was worried we’d be stuck with this bum for another 3 years

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but my understanding is that Chelsea have been stockpiling players due to a potential transfer ban looming. What happens if the transfer ban comes in next summer, would they be able to complete the purchase of Sancho?

So based on what we "know", he's leaving permanently next summer if Chelsea end up in 14th or better. Closer to 1st means closer to 25 million and closer to 14th means closer to 20 million.
But what I'm more curious about is if there's any loan fee, do we get any money straight away? And I really really hope he didn't have to lower his salary and that Chelsea will cover it. But if the rumours about the salary they offered Osimhen is anything to go by, I highly doubt he's getting paid above 200k from them.
Last night on here a few posted that there was a £8mil loan fee on top of the £20-25mil at end of season.

Whether that's correct I'm not sure, easy to get incorrect info in last few hours of the window.

A sign of how much of a disaster this signing has been is that I suppose until next summer when Chelsea officially buy him he's still technically our player right?

It's a loan for this season then they buy him next summer, unless they finish 15th which as funny as that would be isn't going to happen.

So the 4 seasons Sancho was a Utd player he actually only spent about 1 and a half seasons available to play.

A sign of how much of a disaster this signing has been is that I suppose until next summer when Chelsea officially buy him he's still technically our player right?

It's a loan for this season then they buy him next summer, unless they finish 15th which as funny as that would be isn't going to happen.

So the 4 seasons Sancho was a Utd player he actually only spent about 1 and a half seasons available to play.

That’s the best bit. It will take them about 3 weeks to realise they’ve bought a dud and will be stuck paying for him.

This Chelsea manager isn’t afraid to call out players in the press I’m half expecting Sancho to be absent from training before long.

Looking forward to United's farewell message to Sancho on Twitter, and the fan comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.