Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
He cannot possibly be worse than Mudryk has been for us so I suppose it makes this move slightly palatable. Sancho will at least not look like a terrified deer in the headlights like Mudryk does.

He cannot possibly be worse than Mudryk has been for us so I suppose it makes this move slightly palatable. Sancho will at least not look like a terrified deer in the headlights like Mudryk does.
Oh my friend, you are going to have a torrid time this season.

Nah he looks like a deer thats completely unaware that a car is heading for it and just stands there looking totally gormless sniffing it's own arse.

I personally have no doubt that in 3 months most Chelsea fans would rather start Mudryk if given the choice just between those 2. At least he has pace.

oh my sweet summer child

:lol: I can't wait for the follow up to this in a couple months time

Explain to me like I'm five years old. Chelsea will loan him for one season (and pay his salary) and they MUST buy him for £25m next summer. Is that correct?
Yes. Not sure if the obligation has a condition to be met. If not no matter what they gotta pay.

Sancho back in London again. Not sure that's the best move for him tbh.

Wish it was done sooner so we could've at least got in a replacement. 25 Mill is good considering his wage and if we got a loan fee on top of that (which I doubt) that would be even better !

Sancho back in London again. Not sure that's the best move for him tbh.

Wish it was done sooner so we could've at least got in a replacement. 25 Mill is good considering his wage and if we got a loan fee on top of that (which I doubt) that would be even better !

Good for next years window, 25m and wages saved.

I guess Chelsea's style of play (not that I know what is their style of play) should suit him better then ten Hag's. It's a shame it hasn't worked out though there were moments of promise (not many, but those showed he's got lot of potential).

Do we know for certain yet that we’re not “paying him off” or paying a part of his wages? Has he taken a pay-cut? I can’t imagine Chelsea giving him the same wages he had here for a long-term contract.

Saving £12M on his wages this season, together with the £25M fee next year is fantastic. Gives us a huge budget to bring in a world class winger next season. Kvar would suit us to a tee.

Sancho may surprise you.

Oh my friend, you are going to have a torrid time this season.

Nah he looks like a deer thats completely unaware that a car is heading for it and just stands there looking totally gormless sniffing it's own arse.

I personally have no doubt that in 3 months most Chelsea fans would rather start Mudryk if given the choice just between those 2. At least he has pace.

oh my sweet summer child

:lol: I can't wait for the follow up to this in a couple months time
Having watched his Dortmund highlights from this last season he can at least still control a football! Hey, that’s something Mudryk can’t do at least!

:lol:

Fascinated to see how this plays out. I thought he’d be a fantastic signing for United but I’ve never seen a player look to be so found out by a step up in league. I’m surprised he’s chosen to stay in England to be honest as he gave every impression at United of having realised that he wasn’t up to it.

Regardless of the way it’s ended, he’s always come across as a pretty decent guy. Hope he can re-discover his enjoyment of football and make a success of his career - just as long as he doesn’t Welbeck us going forwards.

As cheap as it was I am surprised that Dortmund didn't come back for him. Or even bayern.
Dortmund can't afford his wages(probably don't think he's worth it either), Bayern would never pay him what he wants.

Do we know for certain yet that we’re not “paying him off” or paying a part of his wages? Has he taken a pay-cut? I can’t imagine Chelsea giving him the same wages he had here for a long-term contract.
The numbers involved indicate no pay-off.

We wanted £40m for him, and settled for a year loan and £25m fee next summer.

At worst we might subsidise the wages during the loan period.

I get Sancho wants out the club, but he's just upgrading from being out the squad to being on the bench. And even that might be pushing it.

Dortmund can't afford his wages(probably don't think he's worth it either), Bayern would never pay him what he wants.

There is talent in there. Its an issue of which manager at some point of his career extracting it out of him. His numbers prior to coming to united just don't lie.

Lets be clear here, nobody, including the Chelsea "Manager" knows what their style of play will be. How Sancho fits into all that chaos is any ones guess. What I know is that it has not worked out at United for various reasons. Wish the lad all the best for the future.

With options United have I struggle to see where Sancho would get many starts had he stayed. Now he's joined Chelsea with squad of 100 players hmm.

Ultimately we were a bit unlucky with him. Should've worked out much better than it did, but it was the right signing back then.

Ultimately we were a bit unlucky with him. Should've worked out much better than it did, but it was the right signing back then.

Guy was a top 5 most productive wingers in Europe in consecutive seasons by the time he was 20. That’s def the kind of stuff we need to chase, just didn’t pan out though

Mudryk might shit the bed in front of goal every time but at least he gets past his man first. Sancho can't even get that far.

Sancho doesn't show any emotion because he doesn't actually give a single shit. Mudryk, for all his flaws, at least cares that he's playing badly.

You might be in for a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.