Jadon Sancho - Chelsea (loan) watch (Dog status: in him)

If Anthony got “an assist” like that , people would dismiss it because it was a pass to the striker who did all the work to make the goal and the defence went asleep.

How anybody can think he’s a loss is ridiculous. Rotten attitude for years, two fingers to United fans cause he’s upset the manager wanted him to work harder. There’s Stockholm syndrome with some fans who side with toxic United players over the years.

Complete and utter failure here with a truly shocking attitude. All I can say is good luck to Chelsea. To quote Roy Keane Leopards don't change their spots.

Complete and utter failure here with a truly shocking attitude. All I can say is good luck to Chelsea. To quote Roy Keane Leopards don't change their spots.

Yeah, he really should have stayed at City

Antony actually scored on his debut and we know how that worked out. People beed to relax, it’s one game

I'm all for him doing well for Chelsea this season because it most likely they will get a decent place in the table at the end of the season and we'll get to rid of him. Win win
They only have to finish 15th or higher for the obligation clause to kick in.

He's a good player, why is anyone shocked? Didn't work out here, that's how it goes sometimes....

Who gives a feck how he does for Chelsea now or whether he cost 20 quid or 20 million?

For United he was lazy, unengaged, late for training, disrespectful. We were right to get shot of him. End of story.

I think their squad planning looks to be all over the place but despite all their attacking options, the only other natural LW in the squad is Mudryk. There are others who can also play on the left but it's not their favourite position (like Pedro Neto).

I also think they do have good players but they are not clear ahead of Sancho. In their front line, I feel like only Palmer is a dead cert starter for the season.

Meh, everyone will see things differently as they have so many players, but I think Nkunku and Felix should both be in the starting XI and staying there before long.

In general their squad management is baffling though as you said - I rate Chukwuemeka really highly and cant believe they are completely freezing him out like this.

Who gives a feck how he does for Chelsea now or whether he cost 20 quid or 20 million?

For United he was lazy, unengaged, late for training, disrespectful. We were right to get shot of him. End of story.

Exactly this.

He would never be a good player for us. End of.

Meh, everyone will see things differently as they have so many players, but I think Nkunku and Felix should both be in the starting XI and staying there before long.

In general their squad management is baffling though as you said - I rate Chukwuemeka really highly and cant believe they are completely freezing him out like this.

Why is it "They" and not Maresca?

I was going to say that but you have put it better than I was going to.

I was going to say that but you have put it better than I was going to.

The amount of people working for United or regularly visiting the training grounds is amazing considering how many users seemingly are eye witnesses to Sancho's constant lateness and indiscipline.

The amount of people working for United or regularly visiting the training grounds is amazing considering how many users seemingly are eye witnesses to Sancho's constant lateness and indiscipline.
How about Nemanja Matic?

“At Chelsea, players acted professionally, they were punctual and were never late for training but at United it happened almost every day. Among the players who would always be late were Paul Pogba and Jadon Sancho and couple of other players.”

It's also been widely reported by other credible sources, and hasn't just been an issue at United.

But who knows, maybe he'll grow up at Chelsea and start acting professionally. If he does then maybe they'll have a useful player on their hands, but I'll be shocked if he ever becomes anything close to the world class player he was once touted as. It's not just United he hasn't performed for after all, he's rarely been good for England, and despite some good moments and games his second Dortmund spell wasn't all that either. So he hasn't performed consistently at a high level in over 3 years.

Last edited:
Wont be long until the new FIFA is out and his feck levels drop to zero.

If Anthony got “an assist” like that , people would dismiss it because it was a pass to the striker who did all the work to make the goal and the defence went asleep.

How anybody can think he’s a loss is ridiculous. Rotten attitude for years, two fingers to United fans cause he’s upset the manager wanted him to work harder. There’s Stockholm syndrome with some fans who side with toxic United players over the years.

Exactly, well said.

Didn’t work out at United. Sadly burnt bridges with staff and fans to a point where it now can’t work out.

Best move for all concerned is to send him off to wherever and let their fan bases treat him like a baby because of the way the awful, nasty, meanie Man United fans treated him. ‘We were always familiar with his game’. Its actually hilarious.

How about Nemanja Matic?

“At Chelsea, players acted professionally, they were punctual and were never late for training but at United it happened almost every day. Among the players who would always be late were Paul Pogba and Jadon Sancho and couple of other players.”

It's also been widely reported by other credible sources, and hasn't just been an issue at United.

But who knows, maybe he'll grow up at Chelsea and start acting professionally. If he does then maybe they'll have a useful player on their hands, but I'll be shocked if he ever becomes anything close to the world class player he was once touted as. It's not just United he hasn't performed for after all, he's rarely been good for England, and despite some good moments and games his second Dortmund spell wasn't all that either. So he hasn't performed consistently at a high level in over 3 years.

And what about Rangnick?

skysport.de: You trained Jadon Sancho in Manchester. He is now returning to BVB. A reinforcement?

Rangnick: He had his best time in Dortmund and always played for me when he was healthy. However, he wasn't as carefree as he was in Dortmund. But that was also due to the overall situation. When he was fit, he was a regular and did well under me. He didn't get a chance to play in Manchester. He now has to get back into a rhythm in Dortmund and really get back into form. From his point of view, the move makes perfect sense.

skysport.de: Have you also had experience with his indiscipline?

Rangnick: In the six months I had him, there wasn't a single disciplinary problem. On the contrary. He is a calm and pleasant guy

Apart from Ten Hag, every coach and club official Sancho has played for relativized the rumours about his indiscipline. Watzke for instance said that his inner clock is a bit off but he has no disciplinary problems whatsoever. Prove me wrong: This topic is blown completely out of proportion.

He was never gonna fit at United. That was obvious from early days. I’d say to United fans, you wanted rid, we got rid, move on and stop wasting your energy on him now

Because our fanbase is simply insecure. They‘d rather keep mediocre or worse players and have the club pay out of the wazoo to keep them than risk them going elsewhere and being half decent.

I mean ffs the Welbeck thread was bumped yesterday with people saying it was a mistake to let him go and I distinctly remember people pining after Evans and more recently Pereira whenever they had a half decent performance despite careers which suggest that no other club in world football think they belong at the top level.

Sancho was never going to do it here, people need to accept it‘s good to wash our hands of players like that and get on with life.

For all the wumming and overreaction, he had some good games for us at the start.
The problem with him is application and desire.
Once he is settled at Chavs he'll slip off.
I predict he'll end the season coming off the bench like he was for us.

And what about Rangnick?

Apart from Ten Hag, every coach and club official Sancho has played for relativized the rumours about his indiscipline. Watzke for instance said that his inner clock is a bit off but he has no disciplinary problems whatsoever. Prove me wrong: This topic is blown completely out of proportion.
Maybe Rangnick doesn't consider tardiness indiscipline, I don't know. Or maybe he just didn't want to pile on a struggling former player. Matic was there that very same season Rangnick was and says Sancho was constantly late. Is he lying?

https://onefootball.com/en/news/jadon-sancho-late-for-borussia-dortmund-team-meeting-28187681

Jadon Sancho was left out of Borussia Dortmund’s starting XI against Barcelona on Wednesday as he was late for a team meeting, according to Bild.
Prior to the game, Lucien Favre told Sky Germany: “We need players on the pitch who are focused and ready.” The Dortmund head coach later insisted that his decision to bench Sancho wasn’t related to this incident.

This is the second disciplinary incident surrounding the 19-year-old after he returned late from international duty last month, resulting in a fine and a suspension given by Borussia Dortmund.

He was also reportedly demoted to the U23 team by Peter Stoger for being constantly late in his first season at Dortmund (though he was very young at the time, to be fair).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-c...Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1668188602

Jadon Sancho’s timekeeping was an issue for England backroom staff before losing his place in Gareth Southgate’s squad and eventually missing out on the World Cup this week...

And Ten Hag simply said he wasn't selected for the Arsenal game because he hadn't performed well enough in training (and Ten Hag even actually denied that it was a result of indiscipline), which led to Sancho's infamous social media post and subsequent strike for 5 months. Hardly professional behavior on his part, whatever you think of Ten Hag.

Last edited:
Maybe Rangnick doesn't consider tardiness indiscipline, I don't know. Or maybe he just didn't want to pile on a struggling former player. Matic was there that very same season Rangnick was and says Sancho was constantly late. Is he lying?

https://onefootball.com/en/news/jadon-sancho-late-for-borussia-dortmund-team-meeting-28187681

Jadon Sancho was left out of Borussia Dortmund’s starting XI against Barcelona on Wednesday as he was late for a team meeting, according to Bild.
Prior to the game, Lucien Favre told Sky Germany: “We need players on the pitch who are focused and ready.” The Dortmund head coach later insisted that his decision to bench Sancho wasn’t related to this incident.

This is the second disciplinary incident surrounding the 19-year-old after he returned late from international duty last month, resulting in a fine and a suspension given by Borussia Dortmund.

He was also reportedly demoted to the U23 team by Peter Stoger for being constantly late in his first season at Dortmund (though he was very young at the time, to be fair).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-c...Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1668188602

Jadon Sancho’s timekeeping was an issue for England backroom staff before losing his place in Gareth Southgate’s squad and eventually missing out on the World Cup this week...

And Ten Hag simply said he wasn't selected for the Arsenal game because he hadn't performed well enough in training (and Ten Hag even actually denied that it was a result of indiscipline), which led to Sancho's infamous social media post and subsequent strike for 5 months. Hardly professional behavior on his part, whatever you think of Ten Hag.

My point isn't that he never had any disciplinary issues, my point is that the seriousness of those issues is blown completely out of proportion. Sancho of course had problems with punctuality in the past but a) he got along with every manager except for Ten Hag eventually, b) he always accepted fines and disciplinary consequences without making any fuss and c) he is neither the first nor the last player to have those issues. Judging by the comments in here you might think every professional footballer is a perfectly disciplined role model. Lateness is as old as appointments.

My point isn't that he never had any disciplinary issues, my point is that the seriousness of those issues is blown completely out of proportion. Sancho of course had problems with punctuality in the past but a) he got along with every manager except for Ten Hag eventually, b) he always accepted fines and disciplinary consequences without making any fuss and c) he is neither the first nor the last player to have those issues. Judging by the comments in here you might think every professional footballer is a perfectly disciplined role model. Lateness is as old as appointments.

You mean he didn't care when it was fines because he has money, and when he was dropped like every other player at the club has been when they have had the same issue, instead of getting his head down and improving he had his arse about it like a petulant child

It wasn't just the pass. He looked a lot more up for it and played quite well in general.

Sancho's not a loss to us because it was clear he was never going to amount to anything here. He still has a lot to do to turn his career around but a change of environment might give him the impetus to at least look like a half decent footballer at Chelsea.

For all the wumming and overreaction, he had some good games for us at the start.
The problem with him is application and desire.
Once he is settled at Chavs he'll slip off.
I predict he'll end the season coming off the bench like he was for us.
Spot on. It's like he has ADHD, his motivation drifts.

Nothing of the sort.

It wasn't just the pass. He looked a lot more up for it and played quite well in general.

Sancho's not a loss to us because it was clear he was never going to amount to anything here. He still has a lot to do to turn his career around but a change of environment might give him the impetus to at least look like a half decent footballer at Chelsea.
Being more up for it is more of an endictment of Sancho. But I know you aren’t defending him to be fair. It’s always been his application that’s the problem.

There’s been reports about his poor attitude & lateness to training ever since his City days. This continued through his time at Dortmund. This isn’t a United specific issue.

Seen this story a million times. Only a matter of time before he reverts to the norm.

He just doesn’t have it in him to be a top player. He will be average on a good day and disappear on a bad one.

Might sound shocking to some but Ngolo Kante - consistently tardy and regularly fined. Yet also trained well and coaches loved him. We've had some other examples over the years and it's never been a massive issue. Eden Hazard was a poor trainer, but his football ability allowed him to be.

Might sound shocking to some but Ngolo Kante - consistently tardy and regularly fined. Yet also trained well and coaches loved him. We've had some other examples over the years and it's never been a massive issue. Eden Hazard was a poor trainer, but his football ability allowed him to be.
Yeah, I remember Rio being shocked by Tevez’ laziness and lack of effort on the training pitch, and then recognizing that nobody gave more on the pitch than Carlitos come game time

Please. Don't take this as gloating I'm really interested: which players have notably performed their best in a United jersey as opposed to at other clubs, in the last few years?
Very few but you have to see that it was a lot more than Jadon not performing well. He fell out put with the manager and before that he wasn’t pulling up any trees. On the contrary Martinez, Casemiro before his decline, Dalot and many young players are doing well here.