Jadon Sancho - Chelsea (loan) watch (Dog status: in him)

He was ok. Excellent no.
It seems everyone except Man Utd fans are using the word excellent debut. He was humble in accepting MOTM. He is home at the club he grew up cheering for.

Not you in particular just the comments in the Mount thread say that. So i just found it funny for you to say easily pleased.
Why would it be funny for me as an individual so say easily pleased to a comment calling a meh performance excellent? Tribalism is really strong with this one

I don’t think he ever really ran past his man, or even took a shot?

The goal was all Nkunku.

He didn't need to run past anyone, just draw people to him when dribbling and play clever passes. Twice to Cucurella down the line, and two more into the box after dribbling. Also the ability to retain the ball when surrounded was a breathe of fresh air compared to Madueke/Neto/Mudryk's constant turnovers.

It seems everyone except Man Utd fans are using the word excellent debut. He was humble in accepting MOTM. He is home at the club he grew up cheering for.
I have Chelsea fans saying he was ok. Anyway thats fine if you think he was excellent. He will do very well if this is the expectations for him

Loving the Sky Sports headline of "Nkunku & Sancho combine to give Chelsea win". When have they feck mentioned the assist in a win.

He didn't need to run past anyone, just draw people to him when dribbling and play clever passes. Twice to Cucurella down the line, and two more into the box after dribbling. Also the ability to retain the ball when surrounded was a breathe of fresh air compared to Madueke/Neto/Mudryk's constant turnovers.
Harsh to include Madueke in there; he was pretty good at retaining possession today especially since Disasi kept playing him suicide passes

Thought he played well to be fair. Doubt it lasts given his personality but he played well.

As someone said earlier, he might have a few decent games early on at Chelsea and then revert to type. End of the day he hasn't got the bollocks to play for a big club.

As someone with ADHD, Jadon's characteristics and background seem consistent with it. No doubt he'll shine at Chelsea for a while but one the novelty factor wears off and dopaminergic response plateaus, he'll return to behaviours old.

Pundits praised him for his Dortmund spell as well, when he was mostly completely average. Mostly.

Anyway, he did play well. But I'll bet my left nut he's never going to be a starter for a title winning Chelsea team. He'll show his true colors in time.

I think he'll be a good player for them generally, and not just at the start.

He won't be asked to press too much, and get plenty of the ball with an emphasis on retention so he's a better fit there.

Just don't get upset about it

The way sky are talking he just played like prime maradona. They’re still talking about him now.
Personally, I don't think they're making much of the performance. Just saying it's a good start and he needed to start well.

I didn't see the first half, so can't say whether he deserved the MOTM but he was probably the best player in the 2nd half.

The way sky are talking he just played like prime maradona. They’re still talking about him now.
I've decided to only watch the game itself now. No punditry, radio phone ins or chat. It really has helped my sanity not watching or listening to drivel.

Personally, I don't think they're making much of the performance. Just saying it's a good start and he needed to start well.

I didn't see the first half, so can't say whether he deserved the MOTM but he was probably the best player in the 2nd half.

Nobody on Chelsea played well in the first half. Sancho was the most threatening player in the second half. I don’t think anyone from Bournemouth particularly stood out either. I think the MOTM was fair enough, though a low bar as I thought it was a pretty poor, low quality game overall.

Nobody on Chelsea played well in the first half. Sancho was the most threatening player in the second half. I don’t think anyone from Bournemouth particularly stood out either. I think the MOTM was fair enough, though a low bar as I thought it was a pretty poor, low quality game overall.
Cucarella was actually the most threatening player.

Says the fan base that praises Mason Mount because he presses well.

Wasn't mine, i had no problems him being sold. Secondly did you see the state of our attackers back then

Ziyech
Werner
Lukaku
Havertz
Cho
You're crying about every player that leaves Chelsea. Stop embarrassing yourself. You can still be a good player even if he leaves your favorite club. Shitting on the player that was instrumental to you winning the Champions League is quite something.

Sanchez I thought if I had to pick someone. Even without the pen save he made a few good stops.

Hes not a great player. Could never put my finger on it but he's been this way since his first stint at Dortmund.

He's a player that looks like he can make things happen, that looks like he'll beat a man, looks like he's going to do something with the ball.

95 times out of 100 hell cut back and pass to a midfielder or a FB if they've not overlapped. But every now and again he'll pop up with a goal or assist.

The assists was bang average and more to do with tired legs defending than the pass. He's most definitely a downgrade to sterling but he's shiny and new.

TBF, Sanchez deserved MOTM. Saved penalty that was outstanding, a couple more very good saves and commanded his box well. Would have been different had that early Bournemouth screamer went in.

Sanchez I thought if I had to pick someone. Even without the pen save he made a few good stops.

Oh feck, yeah true. Forgot him. On reflection, Sanchez probably should have gotten it. Not a huge deal though.

Leopards don’t change their spots…..

I mean he was one of the most productive wingers in Europe for consecutive seasons at Dortmund. There’s a player in there somewhere, just didn’t work out with/for us

Seems quite harsh on Sanchez who saved a penalty and made many other decent saves. What more could he have done to be MoTM in a 1-0 win?!

Seems quite harsh on Sanchez who saved a penalty and made many other decent saves. What more could he have done to be MoTM in a 1-0 win?!

Not give away a brain dead penalty in the first place.

The pen save was excellent but apart from that, he didn't save anything I would not expect any goalie to.