Jadon Sancho - Chelsea (loan) watch (Dog status: in him)

Overweight, lazy, mentality mouse gets an assist against Bournemouth and people are wondering what if.

So glad this slob is gone

Seems quite harsh on Sanchez who saved a penalty and made many other decent saves. What more could he have done to be MoTM in a 1-0 win?!

I agree. I acknowledged that in a different post earlier. Sanchez was good.

As someone said earlier, he might have a few decent games early on at Chelsea and then revert to type. End of the day he hasn't got the bollocks to play for a big club.
I think you’re being fairly kind to Chelsea in that statement.

We have been here before. His loan at Dortmund started OK. Let's see how it's goes after 5-6 months.

Overweight, lazy, mentality mouse gets an assist against Bournemouth and people are wondering what if.

So glad this slob is gone
Especially when you watch the assist, just a pass into Nkuku’s feet that half the caf could make. Nkuku + some diabolical defending then does the hard part.

He can have a worldie of a season for Chelsea but I am so glad he is not our problem. He was a flop here and nothing would change that. Even in his last game for us he cost us a trophy with his negative energy. Good luck to chelsea with him.

1. Sancho is English
2. Anything to have a dig at United.
Also, the bar is very low for him. Saw that with dortmund last season as well. Any simple pass and he was lauded. His final performance stank but no one said a thing. He was average for most games but no one said a thing but the moment he dribbled past one player against PSG, it was like he proved United wrong. If he was that good Dortmund would have at least tried to buy him.

Even if he is 'decent' for Chelsea he wouldn't have been decent here. He didn't have the fight nor the mentality to play for the club.

I'm glad he has gone and if a few good performances get us a bit more money then so be it. Chelsea are stocked in that position so if it wasn't him it would be one of the others.

This thread feels weird.

It's okay to see that Chelsea Sancho played well while also knowing that Manchester United Sancho was nothing but an expensive non-entity. If we reinvest the money we'll it'll be a win-win,.

This thread feels weird.

It's okay to see that Chelsea Sancho played well while also knowing that Manchester United Sancho was nothing but an expensive non-entity. If we reinvest the money we'll it'll be a win-win,.

Did he play well? I only saw the game from behind my phone but he didn’t stand out to me

Didn’t see the match so went to check the assist and the performance after the furore and that’s it? All the noise for that performance and the assist? That was it? Some pretentious dribbling coupled with a few short passes and a simple ball to nkunku which has resulted to this synchronised collective masturbation en masse?

He can have a worldie of a season for Chelsea but I am so glad he is not our problem. He was a flop here and nothing would change that. Even in his last game for us he cost us a trophy with his negative energy. Good luck to chelsea with him.
The community shield isn't a trophy in my book. David Moyes didn't win a trophy at United. Other than that - I agree with the sentiment of this post.

My opinion as well. Even if he does do well elsewhere, it was obvious he'd given up on United and given his wages, we're better off without him.

He was decent. Good impact substitution and deserves an overall 7/10 for his performance. Caicedo, Cucurella and especially Sanchez were much more worthy of the Man of the Match award. I do however understand why they want to give a person involved in the solitary goal that decided the game the honours.

Look , he might do well at Chelsea. If he does I think it has more to do with the fact that he was raised to play in a system like this most of his life, wasn’t he? If this was Conte’s Chelsea he wouldn’t fit ant all.

I don’t know if he was ever the type of winger United thought they were bringing in, and at that level of money and attention both sides are going to get frustrated.

Ineos looks to be putting a lot more thought into players that fit what you want to do, and we could get a player that helps us.

Hopefully a win/win. Was he really MotM though? Surely Sanchez? I don’t think the assist was even close to Sancho’s best sequence of play in that game. The interplay with Cucurella was lovely. He had two other near assists that were better than the one that counted.

Didn’t see the match so went to check the assist and the performance after the furore and that’s it? All the noise for that performance and the assist? That was it? Some pretentious dribbling coupled with a few short passes and a simple ball to nkunku which has resulted to this synchronised collective masturbation en masse?

Usual hallmarks of a very good Sancho game:

-Touch is so good that the FB won't engage even if they're a foot away, so if the other players around him make good runs (in this case mostly Cucarella and Nkunku for the goal) he'll create some chances on short passes
-0 runs in behind, no notable defensive work (though Bournemouth attack too quickly for that and he was high and wide, so not a big issue really)
-0 goal threat

He might do well there under Maresca, with Cucarella so high up the pitch that he can play him in a fair amount of the time and they don't have a traditional 9 which I think isn't a great fit for him. Probably falls out with the next manager.

Have to say Chelsea was as unlikeable a team as I can remember today. Whining, diving, yelling at each other, Disasi refusing to run backwards at FB, survived 2 posts and a penalty.

He looked pretty good, but he was no good for us, so never mind. Nkunku did all the work for the goal really. He had two or three players to get round and the finish was in a tight space.

Look , he might do well at Chelsea. If he does I think it has more to do with the fact that he was raised to play in a system like this most of his life, wasn’t he? If this was Conte’s Chelsea he wouldn’t fit ant all.
It would have more to do with him turning up to training on time. Regardless of the manager's system, he'd have taken Antony's starting spot had he bothered to do the bare minimum and given a shit about his own timekeeping.

I'm all for him doing well for Chelsea this season because it most likely they will get a decent place in the table at the end of the season and we'll get to rid of him. Win win

We all knew Sancho wasnt a bum footballing ability wise, he's better than Antony atleast. The reason he wouldnt have worked here was he had a beef with Ten Hag.

Selling him for 20M to Chelsea, I dont think is a good move. I dont mind the low fees to offset the huge salary, but at 20M, he's so low risk/high reward to a direct PL rival.

If he plays well this season, helping them to a 4-5th place finish, while we are paying a portion of his wages, it will look a bit dumb, but that's the price we pay.

We all knew Sancho wasnt a bum footballing ability wise, he's better than Antony atleast. The reason he wouldnt have worked here was he had a beef with Ten Hag.

Selling him for 20M to Chelsea, I dont think is a good move. I dont mind the low fees to offset the huge salary, but at 20M, he's so low risk/high reward to a direct PL rival.

If he plays well this season, helping them to a 4-5th place finish, while we are paying a portion of his wages, it will look a bit dumb, but that's the price we pay.

Yeah and Chelsea have good technical players across the pitch, its not a bad match for him at all.

Should have sold him to a European club but alas…no one not named Chelsea is paying those criminal wages.

Glad he’s gone. The next three pages of replies to this thread should be “Don’t care”

he’s always had the ability, he’s never had the application. maybe mascara is the one to finally drag a footballer out of him, i think it’s more likely he’s just got a bit of a point to prove and will revert to type as soon as he has an ok performance and
someone asks him why he can’t be bothered to run.

He had a good debut, but he was never MotM. Sanchez was miles better, and for me Caicedo was also more deserving - he was everywhere - and Cucurella had a really solid game. The assist was also all about Nkunkus good work.

Not really surprising to see the media desperate to create some Sunday headlines. For me it doesn’t change anything, and still a truly baffling decision by Chelsea to sign him, when they already have so many better attacking options in the squad. I can’t see this manager lasting long given the way he has alienated half the squad already, and with the ownership saga kicking off again.

Yeah and Chelsea have good technical players across the pitch, its not a bad match for him at all.
Having a fullback who overlaps was also a luxury he didnt have at United.

Sancho is someone who thrives at drawing couple of players to him, and releasing other players around him, he never was a Doku/Garnacho type winger.

Hopefully his motivation runs out soon :boring:

He’s a good player but also a toxic one and the ETH thing meant we had to sell him. But it’s possible that we sold a 50M player for 20M, it happens as soon as we decided to stick with ETH he had to go.

He had a half decent 20 minutes and in that time got booked for shouting at the ref and played on good little pass into Nkunku, but it wasn't a great pass and Nkunku did well to score from the position (the centre backs basically let him wander through though). I don't think this will define his season but chelseas style of play suits him more than Ten Hags style so I would expect him to pick up a few goals and assists if he can get enough minutes.

Sanchez should have been Man of the Match as by miles had the biggest influence. Very often now commentators just pick the random people who score despite what's actually happened on the pitch.

I did think Sancho looked quite good yesterday. It was only 45 minutes but he looks like a player benefitting from a change of environment.

He always looked disinterested when playing for us. I don't think the way we play suited him because he's not really the type of winger who takes players on, he's more of a give and go type player. Chelsea playing more of a possession style gives him a better chance of playing to his strengths.

Probably helps when the manager doesn't hate you and you don't have the weight of the world on your shoulders every time you step onto the pitch either. There isn't the same pressure playing for Chelsea as there is for United. You can see it with a few of our players - Rashford being the most obvious example. I think he'd look a lot more free too if he moved to another club.

Especially when you watch the assist, just a pass into Nkuku’s feet that half the caf could make. Nkuku + some diabolical defending then does the hard part.
This is the point. It was literally a straight pass to his feet then he works magic through multiple players for the goal. He didn’t hand him a goal on a plate, it wasn’t some insane assist. It was a pass a 10 year old would make. It’s OTT

Should have sold him to a European club but alas…no one not named Chelsea is paying those criminal wages.

Glad he’s gone. The next three pages of replies to this thread should be “Don’t care”

to whom? His salary is astronomical at continental levels

He had a good debut, but he was never MotM. Sanchez was miles better, and for me Caicedo was also more deserving - he was everywhere - and Cucurella had a really solid game. The assist was also all about Nkunkus good work.

Not really surprising to see the media desperate to create some Sunday headlines. For me it doesn’t change anything, and still a truly baffling decision by Chelsea to sign him, when they already have so many better attacking options in the squad. I can’t see this manager lasting long given the way he has alienated half the squad already, and with the ownership saga kicking off again.
I think their squad planning looks to be all over the place but despite all their attacking options, the only other natural LW in the squad is Mudryk. There are others who can also play on the left but it's not their favourite position (like Pedro Neto).

I also think they do have good players but they are not clear ahead of Sancho. In their front line, I feel like only Palmer is a dead cert starter for the season.