Jadon Sancho - Chelsea (loan) watch (Dog status: in him)

Sancho didn't and doesn't want to be at United, for many reasons, some very understandable.

Personally, I believe we were open to keeping him, but he wanted out.... Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Let's move on, cancelling the loan is just more drama at this point... It didn't work out
Care to eloborate on “some very understandable “ ? United have bent over for the cnut. They allowed a 2 month holiday to get his head right ffs

unless you are just ridiculously anti-ETH I am still a bit confused how many Utd fans still want to defend Sancho and his conduct when he was here? What am I missing.

That's another one of those narratives which is easily disproven with a bit of research. City wanted to keep Sancho.
If they wanted him enough they’d have kept him. And the longer the would have kept him the more they’d have realised how little they want him.

Care to eloborate on “some very understandable “ ? United have bent over for the cnut. They allowed a 2 month holiday to get his head right ffs
Does it really need elaboration? You can't think of reasons why he would be done with United? :lol:

Admittedly I've only seen extended highlights, so maybe I'm missing some context, but it seemed like a pretty standard Sancho performance - silky on the ball, linking up well without providing much threat, and very little interest in helping the team defensively.

Name one performance that was as good.

He regularly beat his opponent with a lot of good passes in the final third/box, and held the ball well and didnt lose it much.
Regularly beat is a loose term. I watched the game and saw him making horizontal runs to get around players. He half beat a player but not enough to show them a clean pair of heels so he'd return back.

He was proactive in forward passes and very front footed. Something we expect from a player itching to make a point. Generally hel suit maresca more than ten hag but when a team is being overworked he's going to be contributing to lathergic play first. Itl happen before too long.

Name one performance that was as good.

He regularly beat his opponent with a lot of good passes in the final third/box, and held the ball well and didnt lose it much.
He beat the fullback once with a lucky nutmeg and still couldn't get a shot or cross away if I remember correctly, he passed it infield like he does 95% of the time.

Over than that, he didn't beat the fullback at all. The assist he got was a lot less about him and nkunku linking up, and more about Bournemouth defenders shitting the bed.

This isn't even bias, I genuinely wanted Sancho to succeed here, but his performance is being completely overblown, it was a lot of teasing with no substance. If Rashford put in the same performance it have gone in the other direction and be called awful and shit, when the truth is in the middle, it was just average.

Chelsea fans on the wind up similarly to Arsenal fans when we sold them Welbeck. Let's hope this story ends the same way.

After such a nothing career at United I don't see any reason to follow his progress elsewhere...just wish him well move on.

I thought he looked quite good. Obviously we need to wait until he finally gets off his arse and unboxes his PS5, and sorts out the broadband for his new place. Then we'll see where his focus lies...

Well from his point of view he probably thinks United/Ten Hag have treated him poorly. Many United fans certainly haven't been too friendly towards him.

So it isn't a surprise.
Other than being the subject of online discussion that every player gets can we honestly say Sancho has seen anywhere near the level of criticism that Maguire, Rashford or Antony have had for their performances? I can't remember the OT crowd ever getting on Sancho's back but i'm happy to be corrected if that was the case. My recollection is:

1st season here - he's been anonymous but the team has been terrible, Rashford only has 5 goals, Maguire is terrible, Ronaldo/Ole/Ralf is to blame etc etc. Not his fault.
2nd season here- he's been mostly anonymous but has had mental health issues, got a fantastic reception when he came back into the team after his time off. Let's see him next season
3rd season here- threw a tantrum after extremely mild criticism from EtH, promised he would 'fight for the badge', which wasn't backed up by evidence. Fans finally got a bit annoyed.

This idea that he's been hard done by seems so weird to me, especially compared to Maguire or Rashford for example.

I think he’s got off lightly by the fanbase if anything, and he’s still got plenty of supporters bizarrely. The club bent over backwards to support him and he never came close to repaying that.

Sancho actually left , City wanted to keep him.

Yeah yeah and I'm sure Pep was like this on the day he left

0_Pep2PNG.png

Chelsea fans on the wind up similarly to Arsenal fans when we sold them Welbeck. Let's hope this story ends the same way.
Can you imagine if Sancho scored (and celebrated) against us as much as Welbeck has? He'd have bombs sent to his house!

Other than being the subject of online discussion that every player gets can we honestly say Sancho has seen anywhere near the level of criticism that Maguire, Rashford or Antony have had for their performances? I can't remember the OT crowd ever getting on Sancho's back but i'm happy to be corrected if that was the case. My recollection is:

1st season here - he's been anonymous but the team has been terrible, Rashford only has 5 goals, Maguire is terrible, Ronaldo/Ole/Ralf is to blame etc etc. Not his fault.
2nd season here- he's been mostly anonymous but has had mental health issues, got a fantastic reception when he came back into the team after his time off. Let's see him next season
3rd season here- threw a tantrum after extremely mild criticism from EtH, promised he would 'fight for the badge', which wasn't backed up by evidence. Fans finally got a bit annoyed.

This idea that he's been hard done by seems so weird to me, especially compared to Maguire or Rashford for example.

I don't remember saying that he's had the worst treatment from United fans. Just that he isn't too well thought of among probably the majority of the fan base at this stage. Rightly or wrongly.

I wonder what Roy Keane thinks about this :lol:

His antics on the pitch can be questionable at times but from everything we've heard Bruno is a great captain off the pitch and looks out for players both at the club and after they leave (based on player interviews and social media activity). I'm not the biggest Bruno fan but I think it can only be positive trait.

Goes to show our wide players are maybe not as bad as we think. We had at least 3 players deservedly ahead of Sancho on the flanks (even with Rashford's poor form), but I can see how he could elevate Chelsea with the exact same performance levels as he had here.

In terms of his competition, I haven't watched enough of Madueke but his short cameo with England seemed quite chaotic - almost like an attacking version of AWB, not always in full control, but pulls off occasional bits of magic that make you shake your head in wonder.

From a pure footballing perspective, he's a system player, and I feel if Maresca manages to implement a very defined system of short passes and movements off the ball, he'll almost certainly do better there than here. From a character perspective though, I don't think Maresca would accept the baggage that he seems to carry.

Watching Jadon Sancho play for Chelsea is like the same sadistic joy I get watching England progress in international tournaments. You know the collapse is inevitable and you kind of want to build up the idea that maybe they'll defy the odds this time because you know they won't.

Anyway, he might knock on from here and become a really important player for Chelsea. Definitely. There's a really good player there.

Bruno exemplifying how a happy rational person should react to the transfer and debut.