Ivan Toney Pt.2 | Signs for Al Ahli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite all the stats about him doing not much outside of penalty goals it still won't put me off. Will definitely wait for Saudi if Chelsea get deal done for Osimhen.

If we get him then our window goes to a 12/10. Imagine having a proper ST. But I don’t see how we’d be in for him and then having 3 ST for 1 spot. Unless we go 2 up front.

I think it's very unlikely we will move for Toney. The club has invested in Hojlund and we appear committed to his development. Ten Hag has also started experimenting with the false nine. Not to mention the Zirkzee signing. I don't think we will move for him unless a ridiculously good opportunity comes up in the coming days, like an option to buy him for ~£25m.

He's a great player, proper target man, links play well, strong and technical. If the wages and fee are right then it's a no brainer.

Neither does Crook on Talksport
I’d love Toney here but If we’re selling Sancho to Chelsea I can see us getting Sterling/Toney

We had the money even without selling McT it was a squad numbers issue which is why we were waiting for McT to go

There is money there especially since we sold Hannibal & Lindelof may be going too

I’d love Toney here but If we’re selling Sancho to Chelsea I can see us getting Sterling/Toney

We had the money even without selling McT it was a squad numbers issue which is why we were waiting for McT to go

There is money there especially since we sold Hannibal & Lindelof may be going too

Surely if the money was there then would have signed him instead of Zirkzee earlier in window

I think it's very unlikely we will move for Toney. The club has invested in Hojlund and we appear committed to his development. Ten Hag has also started experimenting with the false nine. Not to mention the Zirkzee signing. I don't think we will move for him unless a ridiculously good opportunity comes up in the coming days, like an option to buy him for ~£25m.
We play 1 up front so I don’t see it as anything more than media rattling to try and draw out more buyers

Surely if the money was there then would have signed him instead of Zirkzee
Though I do not think that we will go for another ST (because of how we play), surely Toney was way overpriced at the start of the summer, talks of 60m+ by Brentford. Now they might get 25m-30m.

This will be a nice little icing on the cake. A loan with an obligation to buy for Toney for £40m-£45m and we send Sancho to Juve on a similar loan with an obligation for 30m-35m. Wouldn't be too much of a burden on next season's PSR/FFP calculations either.

Status
Not open for further replies.