Ivan Toney Pt.2 | Signs for Al Ahli

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will go to Saudi. Motivated by money, as evidenced by him already being rich but wanting more by gambling.

He will go to Saudi. Motivated by money, as evidenced by him already being rich but wanting more by gambling.
By PL standards he's not rich, his current deal stems from when he was a League 1 and Championship player

IF we can sell Sancho to Chelsea today on permanent deal then should try and sign him. Looks like they are in for Osimhen so could be opportunity.

Last edited:
OK but by societies standards, he is wealthy. And wants more. It is just a job.

By societies standards absolutely, by PL standards he’s one of the lowest paid proper players in the league, and let’s be honest, pretty much everyone wants more, even Bruno was desperate for more this Summer. Rooney, Rio and Keane have been famously desperate for wanting more even when filthy rich.

By societies standards absolutely, by PL standards he’s one of the lowest paid proper players in the league, and let’s be honest, pretty much everyone wants more, even Bruno was desperate for more this Summer. Rooney, Rio and Keane have been famously desperate for wanting more even when filthy rich.
20k a week apparently

£40m is a very good deal.. far to good a deal for us to get involved with.

I apologize, buddy. I didn't know you were in with Toney and his agent & knew what they are thinking and wanting to do.

Eh? I said “if” multiple times there.

And I’ll still maintain, if Chelsea come in with 30m now and Toney insists he’s only interested in Chelsea, they’ll sell him for that.
Brentford are desperate to make money off him so they have likely been crossing their fingers that no-one else fancies him & that Saudi is his only option.

Gonna be quite telling if not a single PL club fancied him.

Surely both Toney and Osimhen don't both end up at Al-Ahli

Why not? They have money to literally burn if they wanted.

For all the talk about Toney, and many here advocating spending 60m plus on him at the start of this window, it’a gonna be very telling if not a single top PL side fancies him despite Brentford drastically reducing their asking price on a weekly basis.

Why not? They have money to literally burn if they wanted.

For all the talk about Toney, and many here advocating spending 60m plus on him at the start of this window, it’a gonna be very telling if not a single top PL side fancies him despite Brentford drastically reducing their asking price on a weekly basis.

Toney's looking at his only remaining chance for a big payday so fair enough. I hadn't realized he was on 20k a week. But Osimhen is only 25 so it seems an awful waste of a career.

Toney's looking at his only remaining chance for a big payday so fair enough. I hadn't realized he was on 20k a week. But Osimhen is only 25 so it seems an awful waste of a career.

Toney would get a massive payrise at a top PL club too in fairness, but it’s clear now that none of them want him. Hardly surprising in that case if he wants a massive raise on his 20k /week.
Always a shame though when he should be in his peak, but most players don’t wanna risk going into their final contract year even if being a free agent can be lucrative.

Got to also factor that he is being offered generational money in Saudi, will be able to take care of his kids and grandkids, he hasn't had years of earning Premier League money during his career. £40m is decent enough but we have definitely lost out on some money thanks to his ban. The best striker I've seen at our club but won't go down as a club legend unfortunately. Much rather see him go to Saudi then have him play against us if I am honest. Still think he is underrated by a lot of people on here.

Got to also factor that he is being offered generational money in Saudi, will be able to take care of his kids and grandkids, he hasn't had years of earning Premier League money during his career. £40m is decent enough but we have definitely lost out on some money thanks to his ban. The best striker I've seen at our club but won't go down as a club legend unfortunately. Much rather see him go to Saudi then have him play against us if I am honest. Still think he is underrated by a lot of people on here.
What is ‘generational money’? He gets paid in small bills with the head of Lionel Messi printed on them, or is it some sort of euphemism for a pension scheme?

Personally I think he was overrated in financial terms by Brentford

What is ‘generational money’? He gets paid in small bills with the head of Lionel Messi printed on them, or is it some sort of euphemism for a pension scheme?
Money that can be used to benefit future generations of the Toney clan....

Personally I don’t see anything special but that’s my opinion and I know everyone will have a different opinion.

Re my first point though, at one point Brentford were saying 100m, then 80m then at the start of the summer 60m
Yes but what you put out in the public domain is not going to be reflective of a price you will accept in the end - given the contract situation no sane person was going to believe we'd get £100m for him. I still think £40m is cheap though and at that price I think United and Chelsea are mad not to bite. Edit - or even arsenal.

Yes but what you put out in the public domain is not going to be reflective of a price you will accept in the end - given the contract situation no sane person was going to believe we'd get £100m for him. I still think £40m is cheap though and at that price I think United and Chelsea are mad not to bite. Edit - or even arsenal.
Look at the prices United are paying 40m+ is high end players. Toney isn’t that. There’s a reason only Chelsea are sniffing around. The others possibly all think that the package to sign him is not financially feasible or he’s not as highly rated by others that you think

In a market where strikers are in short supply why is everyone passing by him?

£40m for his guaranteed goals is great business. Feel like clubs in the Premier League are aware of something we aren't which has stopped them moving for him.

IF we can sell Sancho to Chelsea today on permanent deal then should try and sign him. Looks like they are in for Osimhe

£40m for his guaranteed goals is great business. Feel like clubs in the Premier League are aware of something we aren't which has stopped them moving for him.
That most of his goals are penalties and he scored only 4 times since he came back from his ban.

Look at the prices United are paying 40m+ is high end players. Toney isn’t that. There’s a reason only Chelsea are sniffing around. The others possibly all think that the package to sign him is not financially feasible or he’s not as highly rated by others that you think

Agreed.

People keep saying he guarantees goals. The word guarantee is a bit of a stretch no?
Absolutely. With the lack of penalties United get given now, the goals would be far from a guarantee here.

He will also want very big wages I imagine for these perceived guaranteed goals.

I've had three significant run-ins with gambling addictions in my life. One with an employee, two in extended family. None of them turned a corner for good.

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.