Ivan Toney Pt.2 | Signs for Al Ahli

Status
Not open for further replies.
We on another day score 4 against Fulham, a sharper Fernandes has 2 and how Gernacho missed that open goal I’ll never know.

We should have had two at Brentford but for a bit of bad freakish luck. Man Utd have invested too much in Hojilund, they will give him
This season at least as the main man.
It was, indeed, woeful luck that we turned up expecting to play Brentford at the Amex, only for our bogey team to appear instead!

We need an experienced PL proven striker who can score 20+ goals. We won’t get this guy.
There are currently 3 PL strikers playing that have 20+ goals in a season more than once - Haaland, Salah and Vardy, there are 4 currently who have done it once, Ings, Toney, Palmer and Son - slim pickings there

There are currently 3 PL strikers playing that have 20+ goals in a season more than once - Haaland, Salah and Vardy, there are 4 currently who have done it once, Ings, Toney, Palmer and Son - slim pickings there
I don't think it's the right profile, actually.
We could use a striker with experience, who wouldn't mind being a rotation option and that could guarantee 5-10 goals in open play even on somewhat limited minutes.

McTominay did a huge difference by scoring 10 (7 in the league) last season IIRC.

Hate to say it (and I don't think it's a good idea) but Sterling -not a striker- does kinda have that sort of pedigree.

People love whining about “needing a proper goalscorer” but don’t realize hardly any fecking exist. It’s not the SAF era where we can just grab another off the market.

Anyways Id rather have another quality LW option instead

People love whining about “needing a proper goalscorer” but don’t realize hardly any fecking exist. It’s not the SAF era where we can just grab another off the market.

Anyways Id rather have another quality LW option instead
Exactly. There aren’t really many great strikers around and hardly any that are available.

wQaizsv.jpeg

Exactly. There aren’t really many great strikers around and hardly any that are available.

Osimhen is the most "available" good striker around and he's headed to Saudi because no one wants to pay his wage demands for what you're actually getting.

Spurs just spunked 65m on Solanke who's had exactly one good season.

It's why teams are pivoting to trying to find strikers to develop. Because if one that's actually world class pops up he won't cost under 100m most likely.

Osimhen is the most "available" good striker around and he's headed to Saudi because no one wants to pay his wage demands for what you're actually getting.

Spurs just spunked 65m on Solanke who's had exactly one good season.

It's why teams are pivoting to trying to find strikers to develop. Because if one that's actually world class pops up he won't cost under 100m most likely.

If these are the options I'm more than happy to double down on Rasmus a the focal point of our attack. If we feed him chances, he's going to be a world class goal scorer.

If these are the options I'm more than happy to double down on Rasmus a the focal point of our attack. If we feed him chances, he's going to be a world class goal scorer.

Yeah I tend to agree, especially if he sharpens up the off the ball stuff (movement, anticipation etc.) because his ball striking and physical attributes are special

I don't think it's the right profile, actually.
We could use a striker with experience, who wouldn't mind being a rotation option and that could guarantee 5-10 goals in open play even on somewhat limited minutes.

McTominay did a huge difference by scoring 10 (7 in the league) last season IIRC.
Hate to say it (and I don't think it's a good idea) but Sterling -not a striker- does kinda have that sort of pedigree.
Actually I missed one, there are currently 5 current players with a single 20 goal season, the other one is Raheem Sterling!

TBH I think there's a case for playing a 4-4-1-1 with Hojlund and Zirkhee, not every game but some, Hojlund isn't experienced enough yet to lead the line on his own but he'd get a lot more space in that formation, Rashford is the logical one to lose out and Diallo/Garnacho rotate

It would make a lot of sense for us to sign this guy. Neither Hojlund or Zirkzee are good in the air so he adds that dimension to our attack as well.

If he's available for a low fee and reasonable wages, we should be all over this. We can always do a loan with an obligation to buy next summer too due to lack of funds available after our summer spend.

Pretty certain IF Brentford had been open to a loan with obligation to buy for him they would have said

Pretty certain IF Brentford had been open to a loan with obligation to buy for him they would have said
I mean they literally extended Raya's contract in order to accommodate Arsenal signing him on a loan with an option to buy, I can't see why they wouldn't do that for a loan with obligation to buy if we put that offer on the table.

Penny for Jackson, Nkunku and Felix's thoughts now :lol:

Interesting to see who gets penalties between him and Palmer. Both top bracket. Luckily Chelsea get plenty of them too.

I mean they literally extended Raya's contract in order to accommodate Arsenal signing him on a loan with an option to buy, I can't see why they wouldn't do that for a loan with obligation to buy if we put that offer on the table.

True, just wish we could have put up money for him which selling Maguire would have enabled

We literally would be fine without Rashford, Antony and Maguire. If we could raise funds from them for an out and out goal scorer that would be amazing.

The first two are going to be so hard to shift, particularly Rashford due to his standing with club and those astronomical wages he's on. I will never understand signing Antony and the fecking cheek of Ajax to plead poverty over Eriksen

I’m not going to praise Chelsea’s approach, it’s disgustingly mental. But they’ll score a hell of a lot more goals than us this season.
Agreed, next summer needs to be all about reinforcing the attack.

Fair play to them, very ambitious

Like fecking clockwork: expected it once the Osihmen deal fell through. They literally cannot help themselves getting involved in every single transfer saga. Carragher said the other day “players need to stop signing for Chelsea”. I think as well current Chelsea players need to “stop signing new contracts”. Nicolas Jackson, RIP.

What about this season?
I doubt there's any money left for that, ideally I'd love for us to be reinforcing this summer, our wing options are terrible, particularly that LW spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.