Ivan Toney Pt.2 | Signs for Al Ahli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like Zirkzee was more of an opportunity signing, maybe Utd didn't think Brentford would drop price to something they felt was fair. The trouble is we haven't got a spare £40m left

I actually think Zirkzee is a very shrewd signing. Our hold up and link up play in the final third is pretty appalling. He will help unleash Garnacho, Hojlund and Rashford. More than the actual goal scoring.

But yes we shd sign someone of the profile of Toney regardless.

The squad is short of goals and also someone who is good in the air in the 6 yard box. He will be a valuable addition to the squad.

I actually think Zirkzee is a very shrewd signing. Our hold up and link up play in the final third is pretty appalling. He will help unleash Garnacho, Hojlund and Rashford. More than the actual goal scoring.

But yes we shd sign someone of the profile of Toney regardless.

The squad is short of goals and also someone who is good in the air in the 6 yard box. He will be a valuable addition to the squad.

Completely agree but it's academic as INEOS aren't able to magic £35-£40m from nowhere in 24 hours

Feel like Zirkzee was more of an opportunity signing, maybe Utd didn't think Brentford would drop price to something they felt was fair. The trouble is we haven't got a spare £40m left
I doubt we would make a first team signing on the fly like that. It has to be with a vision to him being a potential starter or important squad player. We’ve got two strikers on whom 100m odd has been spent so I don’t see another addition until we feel one of them isn’t in our plans. A midfielder , left back or winger (probably in the future once we move the duds) seems an more imminent need.

Sure mate, he’s such hot property that the only serious bidder for him is Saudi Arabia.
Tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about tomorrow when someone sticks a 40-45m offer in for him.

Again, more nonsense. How does it matter if the offer is from Saudi or from Timbaktu? Is there a stipulation that he has to be sold with in the league?

You said he'd go for 25-30. There are already reports from good sources of a 35m offer being rejected.

I merely mentioned that he'd be a good pick up for us at 40m-45m if we can get a loan with an obligation to buy deal.

We need to create more chances, I think signing a ST isn't the answer, we need more creators.
Hojlund will score more goals of we give him more chances (and he stays fit)

I think the only way we could sign him is if Chelsea sign Osimhen and Brentford take £35 million offer knowing he walks for free next summer. Right now Chelsea look favourites for Toney

Again, more nonsense. How does it matter if the offer is from Saudi or from Timbaktu? Is there a stipulation that he has to be sold with in the league?

If the player has absolutely zero interest in ending his career early when he finally has an opportunity to play for a good Premier League side, then yes, it matters if the offer is from fecking Timbuktu.
If Brentford have been made well aware from Toney and his agent, that he has no intention of going into early retirement, it becomes a moot point.
You can call nonsense all you like but no club I can imagine Toney being interested in joining is going to offer a loan with 45m obligation for a player who is out of favour and has one year remaining. That’s the real nonsense here.

If a concrete offer comes in from Chelsea today or tomorrow and the player seriously pushes for the move, I don’t imagine Brentford turning down 30m. Not sure how that’s “nonsense” as it’s merely speculation and what may transpire in the next 36 hours.

We need to create more chances, I think signing a ST isn't the answer, we need more creators.
Hojlund will score more goals of we give him more chances (and he stays fit)
We’re like 1st or 2nd in big chances missed already this season. We definitely need a striker

We’re like 1st or 2nd in big chances missed already this season. We definitely need a striker
13th for big chances created last season, which is a better sample than the first two games this season.

We need to create more chances, the number of assists from our wingers is shocking.

One out and out striker in Hojlund and a Firmino-esq link up forward in Zirkzee, who I'm not expecting a great deal of goals from in the PL.

According to you, he is a striker and has been since youth level and should already have 2 goals in 2 PL games

He won't go to Saudi because gambling is illegal there

EDIT: says the most original guy in the room

That tweet is from 13th July, just in case you missed it?

No I saw the date, but was wandering about the source as none of it makes any sense.
I don’t believe for a second United have shown any interest in him. Him “preferring” United or not appears like a way of throwing in the United name for the clicks.

No I saw the date, but was wandering about the source as none of it makes any sense.
I don’t believe for a second United have shown any interest in him. Him “preferring” United or not appears like a way of throwing in the United name for the clicks.
Ah I get you. Just didn't want you thinking it was a tweet from today. It's definitely bollcks in my opinion. A Liverpool (or is he Arsenal?) fan wanting Utd? Nah.

Ah I get you. Just didn't want you thinking it was a tweet from today. It's definitely bollcks in my opinion. A Liverpool (or is he Arsenal?) fan wanting Utd? Nah.
As a pro that doesn't matter

Carragher and Owen were Everton fans.
Sterling was a Man Utd fan

Both played for their bitter rivals. You put your fan loyalty aside when it comes to what is effectively your employer.

Would say IF Chelsea sign Osimhen then he will just wait for our window to close and join Al Ahli, however if they don't will definitely go there

As a pro that doesn't matter

Carragher and Owen were Everton fans.
Sterling was a Man Utd fan

Both played for their bitter rivals. You put your fan loyalty aside when it comes to what is effectively your employer.
Generally, yes. But wanting it is a bit different. Ole was a Liverpool fan, so was O'Shea. Terry supported United etc etc.

Not for me thanks. Good player, but unless we’re planning on playing 4-4-2 he’d only get in the way of Rasmus (once he’s fit) as neither can play wide, and would probably not take kindly to being on the bench more often than not. If I look at this without Utd blinkers on, I’d say Arsenal would be the best move for him, as they are crying out for an out and out number 9, but suspect he’ll follow the money and it’ll either be Chelsea or Saudi.

Reactions: golden_blunder
Zirkzee who has played 94% of his matches as a striker, "isn't a striker".
Course he’s a striker! However, seems to me that his best position is more withdrawn, in the sort of Bergkamp or, dare I say it, Cantona role (not saying for a minute he’ll turn out as good as those 2, but IMO the potential is there). Therefore, him and Rasmus could play together, as Zirkzee would drop deeper and make up the numbers in MF (whereas Rasmus and Toney could not, unless your planning on playing 4-4-2) although he can if required play as a number 9 and do it well. Therefore, am happy with our striker options, would rather see something done about our horrendous lack of creativity from the wings (Garnacho aside), Amad looks promising but Rashford is still terrible and I would be ecstatic never to have to have to watch the diabolical Antony or Sancho in a Utd shirt ever again!

If the player has absolutely zero interest in ending his career early when he finally has an opportunity to play for a good Premier League side, then yes, it matters if the offer is from fecking Timbuktu.
If Brentford have been made well aware from Toney and his agent, that he has no intention of going into early retirement, it becomes a moot point.

I apologize, buddy. I didn't know you were in with Toney and his agent & knew what they are thinking and wanting to do.
You can call nonsense all you like but no club I can imagine Toney being interested in joining is going to offer a loan with 45m obligation for a player who is out of favour and has one year remaining. That’s the real nonsense here.

If a concrete offer comes in from Chelsea today or tomorrow and the player seriously pushes for the move, I don’t imagine Brentford turning down 30m. Not sure how that’s “nonsense” as it’s merely speculation and what may transpire in the next 36 hours.

He is not out of favor. With one year left on his contract Brentford want to find a solution for him and have kept him on the sidelines so that he doesn't get any kind of injury that could scupper a move for him. And yes, £40m-£45m, not £45m.

We'll see what happens. If Chelsea doesn't take him by the end of the day tomorrow, he'll still have the Saudi option to ponder.

I apologize, buddy. I didn't know you were in with Toney and his agent & knew what they are thinking and wanting to do.

He is not out of favor. With one year left on his contract Brentford want to find a solution for him and have kept him on the sidelines so that he doesn't get any kind of injury that could scupper a move for him. And yes, £40m-£45m, not £45m.

We'll see what happens. If Chelsea doesn't take him by the end of the day tomorrow, he'll still have the Saudi option to ponder.
He was benched quite a bit towards the end of last season too. Brentford have learned how to okay without him. In fact they’ve already bought his replacement (unfortunately injured). Clubs know Brentford want to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.