Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

“MIT is not neutral in an important way. We are an American university. We serve this country. We served this country in World War II. It’s one of the reasons that we won, is because we had the MIT scientists and engineers working for the Allies. And so, in an important way, MIT is not neutral. We’re not some global university that exists in a bubble where it’s utopia. We serve the United States.And so, if we’re taking money from the Department of Defense to advance military projects, and you’re upset with the direction that the United States is going, then you can vote in U.S. elections. But that doesn’t mean that we should be accusing professors of building ‘killer drones’ (which he says he’s not building) all because you disagree with the U.S. being an ally of Israel.”

“MIT is not neutral in an important way. We are an American university. We serve this country. We served this country in World War II. It’s one of the reasons that we won, is because we had the MIT scientists and engineers working for the Allies. And so, in an important way, MIT is not neutral. We’re not some global university that exists in a bubble where it’s utopia. We serve the United States.And so, if we’re taking money from the Department of Defense to advance military projects, and you’re upset with the direction that the United States is going, then you can vote in U.S. elections. But that doesn’t mean that we should be accusing professors of building ‘killer drones’ (which he says he’s not building) all because you disagree with the U.S. being an ally of Israel.”

Realpolitiks which I would like to slap the shit out of him

He was gunned down for throwing a rock which according to a post on the first page of this thread is a reasonable response.

He was gunned down for throwing a rock which according to a post on the first page of this thread is a reasonable response.

You made me go back and read the first page again, thanks. Looking at the posters, some usual suspects, some that have fecked off...but what's striking is that the propaganda is exactly the same 6+ years on

You made me go back and read the first page again, thanks. Looking at the posters, some usual suspects, some that have fecked off...but what's striking is that the propaganda is exactly the same 6+ years on
The place and the time don't matter, you'll find people dehumanizing Palestinians whenever they are brought up. It has been an ongoing process for decades.

The carnage in northern Gaza is literally getting worse by the hour but that's not enough, the cnuts also want to kill the remaining journalists who report what's happening.

GamRraJXoAAlfbv
GamRraLWYAAU1H7

Also,

Ambulance and civil defense services have stopped completely in northern Gaza.

That letter from the US wasn't to increase aid but a coded message to finish the job quickly.

I don't get the sense that there has much view-changing around here.

I mean my views and a lot of my closest friends view drastically changed from 7/10 to now...

There's a lot of people who have changed their minds but the Gaza thing has been a long continuous stream of shit whereas the 7/10 attack was a one off shock factor... That's why potentially people who have shifted don't post here.

Anyone else expecting Netanyahu to do something even more ridiculous before election day here? Tinfoil hat stuff perhaps but we all know it would help a certain orange person more or at least hurt Harris.

Anyone else expecting Netanyahu to do something even more ridiculous before election day here? Tinfoil hat stuff perhaps but we all know it would help a certain orange person more or at least hurt Harris.

If something crazy (ier) happens, is not because he can't influence elections. A shocking, truly shocking might backfire and he already got what he wants in terms of influence. the only reason why he would do anything is because the focus will be on the US elections and not even a crazy event in a jehovah's forsaken land would shift that focus

Just goes to show how

The cold hard truth of the matter is that the West has not only abandoned northern Gaza but Gaza in general. It's all empty words with no actions, see Starmer a few days ago.
West has not abandoned Gaza. West is complicit in Gaza by every metric possible. Not average Joes, but people in power, absolutely.

the aim seems to be to erase any record or memory of their existence as a people. even the most trivial assertion is removed.