Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Because Israeli Police now serves the racist Ben Gvir.
How are you doing, Amir?

How is the Israeli society reacting to what's happening in Lebanon? I read here and there that a majority approves Netanyahu's recent actions, how true is it?

How are you doing, Amir?

How is the Israeli society reacting to what's happening in Lebanon? I read here and there that a majority approves Netanyahu's actions, how true is it?

I'm OK, cheers.

I'd say Israeli society, for the most part, does approve Israel's actions in Lebanon, after a year of the north being bombed, with tens of thousands being evacuated.

I should point out that Hezbollah's been talked about as a huge future threat to Israel for years, and it was estimated that it would fire hunders of rockets towards most of the country during wartime, causing carnage and death. It hasns't happened, possibly due to Israel's earlier attacks weakening it and its firepower. so now, with the damage Israel already caused Hezbollah and the deaths of so many of its leaders, lots of people want the IDF to finish the job and neutralizse the threat totally rather than let Hezbollah grow again and threated Israel again.

I'd say that at some stage this will have to end in ceasefire and some sort of agreement, but with Netanyahu looking for everlasting wars, who knows.

I'm OK, cheers.

I'd say Israeli society, for the most part, does approve Israel's actions in Lebanon, after a year of the north being bombed, with tens of thousands being evacuated.

I should point out that Hezbollah's been talked about as a huge future threat to Israel for years, and it was estimated that it would fire hunders of rockets towards most of the country during wartime, causing carnage and death. It hasns't happened, possibly due to Israel's earlier attacks weakening it and its firepower. so now, with the damage Israel already caused Hezbollah and the deaths of so many of its leaders, lots of people want the IDF to finish the job and neutralizse the threat totally rather than let Hezbollah grow again and threated Israel again.

I'd say that at some stage this will have to end in ceasefire and some sort of agreement, but with Netanyahu looking for everlasting wars, who knows.

Is there any real talks on occupying south Lebanon to annex in the future to a the state of Israel? or are mostly outlier conversations?

I'm aware of that but the optics of not arresting Netanyahu if he's on US soil is something I wouldn't underestimate.

Not only would he not be arrested, he would be invited to speak before Congress, as he recently did. He even went so far as to bring IDF soldiers who received awards for valor with him when he spoke before Congress.

Not only would he not be arrested, he would be invited to speak before Congress, as he recently did. He even went so far as to bring IDF soldiers who received awards for valor with him when he spoke before Congress.
Exemplary.

GZfS7ATWkBQrPhm

Is there any real talks on occupying south Lebanon to annex in the future to a the state of Israel? or are mostly outlier conversations?

I don't think there's anything serious - yet.

However, I wouldn't rule out a security zone, like the one that existed between 1982 and 2000, as there doesn't seem to be a real strategy coming out of the government, or shall I say - Netanyahu. They are making things up as they go along. And with the volatile nature of the situation with Iran and the US election coming up, everything is up in the air.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...s-southern-lebanon-un-source-says-2024-10-10/

IDF having a pop at UN peace keeping troops now.

Israeli troops opened fire at three positions held by U.N. peacekeepers in southern Lebanon on Thursday, according to a U.N. source who was not immediately able to specify the type of fire.
The source said one of the locations fired at was UNIFIL's main base at Naqoura.
There was no official statement from UNIFIL or immediate comment from the Israeli military.

The director of Kamal Adwan Hospital, which has been surrounded by Israeli occupation forces, Dr. Hossam Abu Safieh, describes the current state of affairs at the hospital's intensive care unit. This scenario points to a major humanitarian tragedy in which a hospital is under siege, obstructing the delivery of necessary medications and medical supplies and endangering the lives of its patients. International and humanitarian organisations must act quickly to end the siege, guarantee the hospital receives medical and humanitarian supplies, and provide secure and unhindered access for medical personnel.

At least now I guess all israelis can answer the old question of how could ordinary german citizens go along with the holocaust.

It includes parts of Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon.

So they've hit rescue workers, a school, and now UNIFIL peacekeepers all within 24 hours. Precise strikes indeed.

I don't think there's anything serious - yet.

However, I wouldn't rule out a security zone, like the one that existed between 1982 and 2000, as there doesn't seem to be a real strategy coming out of the government, or shall I say - Netanyahu. They are making things up as they go along. And with the volatile nature of the situation with Iran and the US election coming up, everything is up in the air.

Thanks!

At least now I guess all israelis can answer the old question of how could ordinary german citizens go along with the holocaust.

I womder if they will have a "are we the naddies" moment at some point

It includes parts of Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon.

I can't lie, I'd definitely feel some schadenfreude if Israel start taking parts of Jordan, SA, or Egypt.

I can't lie, I'd definitely feel some schadenfreude if Israel start taking parts of Jordan, SA, or Egypt.

First they come for.... Sure shadenfreude, but the ones that would suffer would be the same, laymen. Also, as much as I said from the beginning that the plan of Israel is wipe out an anex palestine in this event, I think SA and Jordan are really off the table. Egypt...well

Last edited:
The ordinary folk in those countries don't deserve it, they're very much at the mercy of their despotic leaders who would rather sell their people out while playing bootlickers to the US and other allies.

First they come for.... Sure shadenfreude, but the ones that would suffer would be the same, laymen. Also, as much as I said from the beginning that the plan of Israel is wipe out an anex palestine in this event, I think SA and Jordan are really of the table. Egypt...well

The ordinary folk in those countries don't deserve it, they're very much at the mercy of their despotic leaders who would rather sell their people out while playing bootlickers to the US and other allies.
Oh yeah, overall I think it would be a horrible situation but there is a small part of me that would think it would be a fitting reward for those countries for the part they've played in helping Israel here

First they come for.... Sure shadenfreude, but the ones that would suffer would be the same, laymen. Also, as much as I said from the beginning that the plan of Israel is wipe out an anex palestine in this event, I think SA and Jordan are really off the table. Egypt...well
Why do you think Jordan and SA are off the table but not Egypt?

Let's not get into pointless speculation:

Israel is not going to invade Jordan, Saudi Arabia or Egypt.

I don't think there's a more iconic duo than Germany and being on the wrong side of History.

I'd classify France well above Germany in that categorization.

Germany wasn't a unified state for most of the colonial era, which kind of exempts it from some of the real heinous shit. France managed to out-do Britain in the "Vlad the Impaler cruelty tier" therefore takes the cake.

France's consistent "being on the wrong side" for about 5 centuries outweighs the two world wars (one of which the fault isn't solely isn't attributed to Germany) and some half-baked colonial attempts.

But, probably another thread.

Why do you think Jordan and SA are off the table but not Egypt?

Dont think egypt would happen either, dont get me wrong. Any of the 3 countries would be wild even for Israel, but called it a hunch, feeling, strategic, feel that would be the first of the three