Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

I do not support either Hamas or Israel as a state. I find both reprehensible. I am getting increasingly annoyed with my government taking our taxes to help sustain Israel's useless bomb happy methods in heavily populated areas. On a personal note, I am also particularly annoyed that my country seemingly has a higher tax rate than that of Israel, who I don't think has raised their tax rate to reflect a wartime economy. They are making us pay for this, while providing some ridiculous collateral damage equation propaganda to rationalize bloody murder.

nsfw

Israeli forces have launched at least two missiles at dozens of displaced people sheltering in tents at Al Aqsa Hospital in central Gaza. The outpatient clinic building was also hit in the attack, causing a fire to spread in the area.

"“I watched people being burnt alive in front of me… nobody could do anything to stop it… men, women, children all being burnt alive… I saw their soul leave them right before my eyes…” "

nsfw

Israeli forces have launched at least two missiles at dozens of displaced people sheltering in tents at Al Aqsa Hospital in central Gaza. The outpatient clinic building was also hit in the attack, causing a fire to spread in the area.

"“I watched people being burnt alive in front of me… nobody could do anything to stop it… men, women, children all being burnt alive… I saw their soul leave them right before my eyes…” "

This is starting to be very numbing - maybe it's a brain defence mechanism but I see shit like this and sometimes I feel nothing.

Also, I wish people stopped using Saleh Aljafarawi videos, that reporter is a proper cnut.

nsfw

Spoilered tweet seems deleted but I came across (I think) the same thing on twitter. Hair raisingly horrifying

I’ve started calling out Americans I meet in Ireland, who claim to have great grandparents from Mayo and Kerry.

12% of the US claim to be Irish and they’re doing nowhere near enough to make themselves heard on this shit.

To be Irish is to understand and recognise oppression. It’s to stand up to bullies and thugs who commit atrocities while pretending to the world that they’re the good guy. Wearing green on Paddies day and talking shite about the old country isn’t good enough when you’re standing quietly by and allowing your politicians to fund and back war crimes and genocide.

nsfw

The world is looking away. It is being reported like it's some car accident news in a local area.

So how about those hostages? Is the Israeli public not concerned with bringing them back anymore?

The world is looking away. It is being reported like it's some car accident news in a local area.
While the Hezbollah drone strike on an IDF base with only military casualties (as far as I have seen), produces headlines like "Deadliest attack on Israel since October 7th!". This past year has been a "scales from my eyes" type moment, when it comes to the media. They are complicit in this.

So how about those hostages? Is the Israeli public not concerned with bringing them back anymore?
When Haniyeh was assassinated, I remember there was a poll with the majority preferring taking him out or other enemy leaders even if it meant not bringing the hostages back.

While the Hezbollah drone strike on an IDF base with only military casualties (as far as I have seen), produces headlines like "Deadliest attack on Israel since October 7th!". This past year has been a "scales from my eyes" type moment, when it comes to the media. They are complicit in this.
I had a long discussion in this very thread with @VorZakone where I accused western media in complicity and agenda driven reporting, but he tried to argue it is not the case because "I use these publications sometimes", fast forward 11 months, everybody starting to see their complicity. The attack yesterday on the Golani brigade was purely military, but until this moment no western media has reported it as such.

I had a long discussion in this very thread with @VorZakone where I accused western media in complicity and agenda driven reporting, but he tried to argue it is not the case because "I use these publications sometimes", fast forward 11 months, everybody starting to see their complicity. The attack yesterday on the Golani brigade was purely military, but until this moment no western media has reported it as such.
That is not true. I never implied that Western media headlines were always truthful or anything like that.

You were accusing the likes of NYT of not doing investigative journalism even though they did. And some of those articles you yourself shared here.

I've just taken a look at the main headlines and so far all of them seem to be "Hezbollah drone strike kills 4 IDF soldiers at Army Base", or some wording of that kind. I think that's reasonable and fair.

That is not true. I never implied that Western media headlines were always truthful or anything like that.

You were accusing the likes of NYT of not doing investigative journalism even though they did. And some of those articles you yourself shared here.
I was accusing NYT as being a propaganda machine and I specifically said when I use their "some how negative" Israeli reporting it means that it is too dark to cover up.

I've just taken a look at the main headlines and so far all of them seem to be "Hezbollah drone strike kills 4 IDF soldiers at Army Base", or some wording of that kind. I think that's reasonable and fair.

Yes, it always takes a whole day, just watch the sky news reporter video in the other thread. Every single person on the planet knows who were attacked, but he deliberately ignored mentioning it.

How do you want us to respect journalism that is purely biased?

Last edited:

Middle East latest: Four teenage IDF soldiers killed as Hezbollah attacks army base with drones; Israeli airstrike kills 'at least 23' in Gaza school​

Just read the headline. Is there anything you would like to reflect on? Sky news.

Just to remind you, they called Hind Rajab 6 years old woman.

Yes, it always takes a whole day, just watch the sky news reporter video in the other thread. Every single person on the planet knows who were attacked, but he deliberately ignored mentioning it.

How do you want us to respect journalism that is purely biased?

Okay, but choosing to get pissed off with Sky journalism is like being morbidly shocked when the Daily Mail runs some semi-veiled racist dog whistle.

Of course, Murdoch rags are a load of shite.

I scanned BBC, Reuters, ABC, MSNBC, AP and Bloomberg.

Middle East latest: Four teenage IDF soldiers killed as Hezbollah attacks army base with drones; Israeli airstrike kills 'at least 23' in Gaza school​

Just read the headline. Is there anything you would like to reflect on? Sky news.

Just to remind you, they called Hind Rajab 6 years old woman.

Sky News has been terrible on this subject. I mean they've actually named the soldiers on their ticker scroll, exactly why is that a thing whilst schools are bombed and they won't even mention children killed.

Yeah but again, it's CNN.

It's the American version of Sina/Baidu News.

Nationalistic, partisan and wholly fecking more catered towards newsbiz entertainment as opposed to delivering actual, top quality, content.

Gone are the days of the CNN reporters in their flak vests deeply embedded in war zones.

Yeah but again, it's CNN.

It's the American version of Sina/Baidu News.

Nationalistic, partisan and wholly fecking more catered towards newsbiz entertainment as opposed to delivering actual, top quality, content.

Gone are the days of the CNN reporters in their flak vests deeply embedded in war zones.

Also the most widely read online news source in the US.

There's often a push and pull with these things. The Guardian currently has, as dual headlines, "At least 20 die in strike on Gaza school; Hezbollah drone attack kills four IDF soldiers." The contrast is obvious. The story itself says "An Israeli airstrike in central Gaza killed at least 20 people including children at a school", so why not run with "Israeli airstrike kills 20 at Gaza school; Hezbollah drone attack kills four IDF soldiers"?

There's often a push and pull with these things. The Guardian currently has, as dual headlines, "At least 20 die in strike on Gaza school; Hezbollah drone attack kills four IDF soldiers." The contrast is obvious. The story itself says "An Israeli airstrike in central Gaza killed at least 20 people including children at a school", so why not run with "Israeli airstrike kills 20 at Gaza school; Hezbollah drone attack kills four IDF soldiers"?
It's truly incredible how Israelis are killed, but Palestinians just die.

Also the most widely read online news source in the US.

Yes, and The Sun/Daily Mail are up there in the UK too.

My point now actually is that I think a lot of people here are winding themselves up. I thought at first that the criticism was on the actual somewhat reputable news sources hence I did some quick scans, but if it's CNN and Sky News...

Forget Israel/Palestine for a moment. You and I both know that if we spent 30 minutes reading Daily Mail "articles" on their website, we'd end up seething about their journalism, bias, completely insane takes and what not. We also know that for many people it's popular and it's where they gave their news information from, unfortunately.

Pointing out how horrendous shitty rags portray Israel/Palestine is doing nothing more than winding yourself up. People have been pointing out their bullshit for ages and ages, and nothings changed so I think at this point the rational decision would be to ignore those outlets.

For the sake of your own mental health more than anything.

I took the displeasure of reading the Israel subreddit, Jerusalem post and a few other pro Israeli outlets 6 months ago, and every time I did so I started seething. Then I just stopped, because it's pointless, it just makes me angry and ultimately there's nothing I can do to change their editorial stance.

You know which outlets are shite, you know they won't report on the full truth, you know it's going to piss you off, and you know that you're not the only ones who has clocked onto this, so what's the point? You're just winding yourself up at this point.

Stick to what you trust, from sources that you can read without bile rising in your throat, and your own mental health will be all that much better.

Avoid the shite coming from the arsehole...

I actually don't think (atleast with the reputable news sources), this is intentional.

Around 2023 I picked up on BBC doing this exact thing when it came to Russia bombing Ukraine. One minute its "Russian airstrike kills X civilians in marketplace," then it's, "10 Ukrainians die after Apartment Strike."

I did some digging and pulled up all the BBC headlines I could find on Ukraine, and it was completely inconsistent whether or not "die" or "Killed" or that topic related language was used. You could have two articles on the same day about the same topic, and the language choice would differ.

And it doesn't have to be every story, there have been countless headlines worse than this one since last October.

It doesn't matter much now, they have done enough in just the week after October 7th to make them forever complicit in this genocide.

And it doesn't have to be every story, there have been countless headlines worse than this one since last October.

It doesn't matter much now, they have done enough in just the week after October 7th to make them forever complicit in this genocide.

What did Guardian say after October 7th?

I don't really follow the Guardian

Yes, and The Sun/Daily Mail are up there in the UK too.

My point now actually is that I think a lot of people here are winding themselves up. I thought at first that the criticism was on the actual somewhat reputable news sources hence I did some quick scans, but if it's CNN and Sky News...

Forget Israel/Palestine for a moment. You and I both know that if we spent 30 minutes reading Daily Mail "articles" on their website, we'd end up seething about their journalism, bias, completely insane takes and what not. We also know that for many people it's popular and it's where they gave their news information from, unfortunately.

Pointing out how horrendous shitty rags portray Israel/Palestine is doing nothing more than winding yourself up. People have been pointing out their bullshit for ages and ages, and nothings changed so I think at this point the rational decision would be to ignore those outlets.

For the sake of your own mental health more than anything.

I took the displeasure of reading the Israel subreddit, Jerusalem post and a few other pro Israeli outlets 6 months ago, and every time I did so I started seething. Then I just stopped, because it's pointless, it just makes me angry and ultimately there's nothing I can do to change their editorial stance.

You know which outlets are shite, you know they won't report on the full truth, you know it's going to piss you off, and you know that you're not the only ones who has clocked onto this, so what's the point? You're just winding yourself up at this point.

Stick to what you trust, from sources that you can read without bile rising in your throat, and your own mental health will be all that much better.

Avoid the shite coming from the arsehole...

If you consider the BBC or NYT reputable, then they are doing the same thing. I have been posting tens of examples here and the other thread on how they report.

GZwdBJyXkAEBXZ5

killing people by starvation is "contreversial".

GZzHQR2bQAAfQTH

GZzEY_TaIAAc9S8

This is just from the last 24 hours. Imagine the tens of thousands of examples in the past decades.