Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

"Now with the military siege and the intense gunfire, especially by armed Quadcopters which open fire at any moving object, no one is able to go out and look for anything.I’m talking about my family, my wife’s family, my friends, my neighbors, my students, my people".

Just as I've had a lovely raft of personal attacks in the US Election thread accusing me of not offering any solutions, shall post my 2c here - with spoilers to save space - about what I'd like to see the US administration do today to end this suffering.
1. End all military aid to Israel until they completely end any and all attacks on sovereign soil and agree to a ceasefire
2. Condition all future aid to be defensive in nature only, and have strict clauses on any ambiguity - ie - if this missle that was supposed to be for the iron dome is found in an apartment complex in Beirut, you get nothing for another 12 months
3. Continue to try and get all parties to tables to talk, rather than escalate
4. Give forceful communications about the nature of the cycle of conflicts and how this current effort will not solve anything, but will only make it worse (rather than wishywashy white house garbage)
5. Tell Netanyahu he can go f*ck himself, that he's a traitor to the idea of peace and has done more damage to the plight of the Israelis than any leader in recent memory on any side
Outside of that, unless you want the US to try and intefere in Israeli democracy by pushing alternate candidates and trying to force an election, I'm not sure what else could be done in the immediate term. Probably lots.

Just as I've had a lovely raft of personal attacks in the US Election thread accusing me of not offering any solutions, shall post my 2c here - with spoilers to save space - about what I'd like to see the US administration do today to end this suffering.
1. End all military aid to Israel until they completely end any and all attacks on sovereign soil and agree to a ceasefire
2. Condition all future aid to be defensive in nature only, and have strict clauses on any ambiguity - ie - if this missle that was supposed to be for the iron dome is found in an apartment complex in Beirut, you get nothing for another 12 months
4. Give forceful communications about the nature of the cycle of conflicts and how this current effort will not solve anything, but will only make it worse (rather than wishywashy white house garbage)
5. Tell Netanyahu he can go f*ck himself, that he's a traitor to the idea of peace and has done more damage to the plight of the Israelis than any leader in recent memory on any side
Outside of that, unless you want the US to try and intefere in Israeli democracy by pushing alternate candidates and trying to force an election, I'm not sure what else could be done in the immediate term. Probably lots.
That sounds good, I hope you vote accordingly.

Run for office.

The situation at Kamal Adwan Hospital is catastrophic, and the coming hours will be critical for the lives of many children in the intensive care unit. The hospital is facing fuel shortages, compounded by the occupation's blockade preventing supplies from reaching northern hospitals, as well as severe overcrowding.

We urgently call on the international community to intervene immediately and without hesitation to save what can be saved.

We condemn the occupation's efforts to incapacitate northern hospitals, which threatens the lives of 400,000 people.

We hold the occupation, the US administration, and their partners in this genocide fully responsible for these ongoing crimes against our Palestinian people.

Government Media Office - Gaza

The Israeli occupation has besieged us in this area, which includes Beit Hanoun, Beit Lahia, and the Jabalia refugee camp, for the past eight days. Since October 1st, they have stopped all food, water, and medical supplies from entering. They have threatened hospitals to shut down, stopped fuel from entering in order for hospitals to operate, and are targeting anyone who moves. So far, 400 people have been killed. People are bleeding in the streets, and we can’t reach them.

GZoUNeYXQCYCvj0

GZoUNeXWEA4B3jU

Secret Documents Show Hamas Tried to Persuade Iran to Join Its Oct. 7 Attack
Minutes of Hamas’s secret meetings, seized by the Israeli military and obtained by The New York Times, provide a detailed record of the planning for the Oct. 7 terrorist attack, as well as Mr. Sinwar’s determination to persuade Hamas’s allies, Iran and Hezbollah, to join the assault or at least commit to a broader fight with Israel if Hamas staged a surprise cross-border raid.

The documents, which represent a breakthrough in understanding Hamas, also show extensive efforts to deceive Israel about its intentions as the group laid the groundwork for a bold assault and a regional conflagration that Mr. Sinwar hoped would cause Israel to “collapse".
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/12/world/middleeast/hamas-israel-war.html

Learnt that, apart from blowing up Gaza's archives, which show the link that Palestinians have to their native land, Israel has been (since before Oct 7 too), re-classifying previously available documents about the 1948 and 1967 wars and about Palestinian history. Israeli historians also routinely ignore and break through any archaeological findings not from the time of the Jewish kingdom.
When the genocide is complete, the rest of the world must forget that there was anybody else there.

Secret Documents Show Hamas Tried to Persuade Iran to Join Its Oct. 7 Attack

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/12/world/middleeast/hamas-israel-war.html
The same New York Times that posted the fabricated "Mass Rape" mission on 10/7, now churns out an article based on "documents planted seized by the IDF, which proved to be totally trustworthy?

Right in time when the tensions with Iran are at their maximum and with an impeding Israeli strike on the latter?

Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Remember when ethnic cleansing and genocide were the worst things humans could do? Now, they are just controversial.

Can't believe there was a serious discussion last year here about whether the BBC is biased.

Israel is committing mass extermination in northern Gaza, and the world is watching in silence.Here we are, more than a year into Israel’s genocidal war on the Gaza Strip, a war that has now expanded to engulf Lebanon. In Gaza, this war has reached a critical and dangerous stage: starvation and extermination. The term “extermination” was not coined by Palestinians to describe what is happening in northern Gaza. For months, Israeli politicians, generals, and academics have casually, openly, and explicitly debated the “northern Gaza question” on various media platforms.

A few months ago, Maj. Gen. Giora Eiland proposed a harsh and “decisive plan” for northern Gaza, calling for the forced evacuation of all civilians from northern Gaza. Next, the Israeli military would impose a complete and indefinite siege, cutting off all essential supplies, including water, food, and fuel, effectively sealing off the north. Eiland’s plan made it clear that those who refused to evacuate would be treated as enemies, facing either starvation or surrender, aiming not just to defeat Hamas fighters but to entirely depopulate northern Gaza, devastating civilian infrastructure and morale.

Israeli academia was also complicit. Prof. Uzi Rabi, a senior academic at Tel Aviv University, went further in a radio interview on September 15, 2024. He advocated for the total removal of all civilians from northern Gaza. Rabi argued that anyone who remained after the evacuation deadline should automatically be considered a “terrorist,” and those left behind would be subjected to a deliberate process of starvation or extermination. He framed their presence as grounds for their lawful elimination, justifying the use of starvation as a weapon to either force compliance or cause mass deaths.

Meanwhile, far-right Israeli ministers Bezalel Smotrich and Itamar Ben Gvir openly supported these extreme measures in the weeks prior to the article’s publication. They backed the idea of expelling all Palestinian residents from northern Gaza, aligning with Eiland’s extermination-based approach. Their support went beyond military objectives, viewing the depopulation of Gaza as an opportunity to reassert Israeli control over the territory. https://israelnationalnews.com/en/news/395677

The vision of Smotrich and Ben Gvir also included the potential establishment of Israeli settlements on the ruins of Gaza City, advancing a settler-colonialist agenda. For them, the Palestinian civilians were obstacles to be removed, and their endorsement of “extermination” reflects a broader push from far-right factions within the Israeli government toward genocidal policies.

Months and weeks later, this hyper-genocidal agenda of extermination is being implemented even more brutally in northern Gaza. With each passing hour, the scale and intensity of bombing, shelling, and devastation in Jabalia and the surrounding areas escalate, surpassing anything witnessed even during the harshest months of this war.

The goal is clear: Israel is carrying out a plan to ethnically cleanse and depopulate Gaza. Now, taking advantage of the scattered attention of regional forces and the international community—especially as the war expands into Lebanon—it is moving forward with its final scheme in northern Gaza.

For Israel, the fact that hundreds of thousands of Palestinians in Beit Hanoun, Beit Lahia, Jabalia and its camp, as well as Gaza City, chose to remain in their cities, towns, and refugee camps—defying all ethnic cleansing orders and facing impossible odds of relentless bombardment, starvation, and the destruction of every foundation of life, including hospitals—meant that Israel’s plans in Gaza had failed.

When Israel’s generals opened their drawers on October 7th and 8th, the plans they implemented were neither improvised nor arbitrary. From the outset, we said this was not a war against a specific Palestinian faction, and the goals were not limited to rescuing hostages, deterring, or dismantling Hamas. No, this war, from the beginning, was intended to depopulate Gaza of all its inhabitants. For 76 years, Gaza has remained a thorn in Israel’s side, and now Israel is using this opportunity to finish what it started in 1948 and 1967.

For Israel, and for the Zionist project, the continued presence of hundreds of thousands of Palestinians in the north, the fact that Gaza City still showed signs of life, that volunteers were clearing streets, and that hospitals were gradually reopening—this was unacceptable. For Israel, victory in this war means the complete annihilation of the Palestinian people between the river and the sea: first in Gaza, then in the West Bank, and ultimately within the Green Line.

For a year, Palestinians in northern Gaza, with their bare chests, empty stomachs, and open wounds, have challenged and defied this final chapter of Zionism. They did so because they are strong, honorable, and dignified. They refused Israel’s orders to “evacuate” south of Wadi Ghazzah because they knew—knew that Israeli officials are pathological liars, and they were right. Those who evacuated were murdered in Khan Younis, in Rafah, and are now being concentrated in the Middle Area, in Deir el-Balah, awaiting their turn in the extermination scheme.

When these Palestinians remained steadfast in the north for more than a year, they weren’t trying to create a mythological image of heroism and resilience. They endured what they endured and fought to show the world that displacement, elimination, and obliteration of the native people is not their fate. Yet, even with all their resilience and steadfastness, they could only withstand Israel’s killing machines for so long.

Their patience, resilience, and heroism were a call to us—the ones who are next—to take action. Yet here we are, a year later, witnessing their genocide, their extermination, reach its peak, and still we mourn. We mourn our ineptitude and weakness, knowing we are next, but without the honor or dignity of entering history as those who fought and endured.

The lesson Gaza has tried to teach the world over the past year is that the elimination and destruction of indigenous people—rendering an entire population rightless and stateless by the privileged and powerful few—should not be the fate of our world. Gaza showed that another world is possible. It sacrificed everything to challenge “Israel,” not just as a clash between Palestinians and Zionism over land and rights, but as a universal struggle against an ideology rooted in ethnic supremacy, militarism, and the mass denial of rights to entire peoples. Gaza fought a universal battle, and it seems this battle is now poised to expand and engulf us all.

a lot of people i follow are posting the last text messages etc from those that they follow in northern gaza. they are dropping like flies. there are supposedly 300,000 people there.

israel has unsatiated bloodlust and will not stop until it is cut off by the US (mpossible) or militarily defeated (impossible). we are watching the culmination of a 75-year project of cleansing and genocide.
i have contributed to it.

The caption in the title of the thread states post respectfully, I cannot find anything respectful about the government of Israel and most Zionists. They are a despicable bunch and there is no difference between them and the archetypical terrorist so often described by our government