Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Step 5: The German posters steam in, arrogantly dismissing anything which paints the German police, political or societal position on this conflict in a bad light, even after recurrent evidence that said positions have been consistently ridiculous.
I personally wouldn't pay too much attention, there's nothing really to learn from them.

Germany's fanatical alignment and shameless, unconditional support of Israel isn't anything new and its posters interactions in this thread barely do anything to disprove this fact. I've stopped reading German newspapers for anything related to the Middle-East and you'd better not dwelve in the comment sections of the mainstream media. Aside from a very few courageous exceptions, Germany's a lost cause.

Last edited:
There’s nothing like this anywhere. It’s unbelievable how Germans can fall in line so easily, just like back in the days.

These few pages about that kid could have been avoided by simply saying something like: “while we don’t know all the details, it’s a bad look for Germany, German police, etc. and seems unnecessary”. Something like that would’ve been reasonable. Instead, double down and triple down…
Germany has its very particular version of "Never again".

What's not enough talked about is the nation wide crackdown Germany carried out against anything or anyone publicly showing any support to Palestine, from 10/7 to this day. I mean, artists were simply cancelled just because they were Palestinians.

Yanis Vafourakis, the former Greek Minister of Finance is banned from entering Germany due to his pro-Palestine views. They arrested German Jews showing support to Palestine.

And it's nothing new, three years ago, Brian Eno was cancelled because he supported the BDS movement and Palestinian rights.

It's absolutely astounding that an otherwise outstanding democracy such as Germany could, in the blink of an eye, resort to such methods with no dissension from the political class whatsoever.

Last edited:

This plan suggests the forced displacement of 300,000 Palestinians from northern Gaza and designates the area as a “closed military zone,” prohibiting the entry of all aid. The aim is to starve those who remain or leave the region.

Reading the comments in the police tweet he posted, I am not surprised. Germany both the state and the public are in full support of Israel.
Actually the public is not. The establishment in Germany supports whatever Israel wants to do unconditionally, but they are doing so against the will of the public.

German mainstream Media do support the Genocide even more than the government. Theire coverage of the events is 90% israeli propaganda… Social Media would have you believe Germans are supporting Israel, but every poll I have seen suggests the public doesn’t agree with this.

This was in march. 69% against and “only” 18 % support the genocide despite the crazy state propaganda portraying it as “self defence”..

GJV_KY0WoAAe56I

Actually the public is not. The establishment in Germany supports whatever Israel wants to do unconditionally, but they are doing so against the will of the public.

German mainstream Media do support the Genocide even more than the government. Theire coverage of the events is 90% israeli propaganda… Social Media would have you believe Germans are supporting Israel, but every poll I have seen suggests the public doesn’t agree with this.

This was in march. 69% against and “only” 18 % support the genocide despite the crazy state propaganda portraying it as “self defence”..

GJV_KY0WoAAe56I

Thanks for the context.

GJV_KY0WoAAe56I

I just had this conversation tonight with an old friend I used to live in Berlin with. He said the whole city is with them but afraid of the cops / govt

GJV_KY0WoAAe56I
Thanks for the post, I'll edit my own comment.

Regardless of the wording, The Guardian is one of the very few british outlets which still daily reports on the Gaza genocide, in a fair manner, by western standards.
But isn't that the problem? Even the one Western mainstream outlet that's considered pro-Palestine uses wording like this regularly.

In this incident when Gaza has been relegated to the background in the news, the headline doesn't convey the depravity of that plan.

But isn't that the problem? Even the one Western mainstream outlet that's considered pro-Palestine uses wording like this regularly.

In this incident when Gaza has been relegated to the background in the news, the headline doesn't convey the depravity of that plan.
Of course it is.

It still explains it in detail. It doesn't take a genius to understand that it is ethnic cleansing, and it will be most certainly carried out.

You know that the journos have to navigate in hostile waters when it comes to Israel. It's a massive shame but it's not going to change. I'd take a watered down information than no information at all.

Well I definitely heard that one :lol:
My 3 year old made me chuckle. Was shook for a second, looked angrily at the smoke coming out from the other side of the mountain and continued playing with his toys :lol:

Well I definitely heard that one :lol:
My 3 year old made me chuckle. Was shook for a second, looked angrily at the smoke coming out from the other side of the mountain and continued playing with his toys :lol:

feck mate. How you still in good spirits is beyond me. I would be so mad

You get used to it after a few years

Nah, I'll stay here. Wife gets homesick a lot and won't relocate
That's something I can somewhat understand, but I honestly hope that you and your family are alright.

We could use your insight in the Israel-Iran thread.

‘Horrific scenes’ from al-Ahli Arab Hospital

There’s too much pressure on health facilities, particularly in northern Gaza where there are almost no health facilities operational whatsoever.

We’re talking about one health facility that is running at a very low capacity, that doesn’t have the capacity to accommodate a large number of injuries transferred to its property – we’re talking about the al-Ahli Baptist Hospital, an already crippled healthcare system across the northern part of the Strip.

In the past hour, there have been quite horrific scenes from the hospital. We looked at some of the footage – not suitable for viewers – we looked at people pick up flesh from the ground of the bomb site.

This is an evacuation centre and known in Gaza and Jabalia refugee camp and this is probably more than the 50th time this particular area, Jabalia refugee camp, has been repeatedly and deliberately targeted b the Israeli military.

From Aljazeera after another massacre on a school in the north.

Ah that's the woman who was claiming the Palestinian protestors were trolling her and why the police chased after the kid.

Quelle Surprise - She's a twat.

Her point is that, "atleast Israel investigated the allegations of sexual assault, what have Palestinians done?"

Yeah, bit fecking hard to investigate sexual abuse and crimes when the moment you pop your head out a 2000lb bomb drops on your head.

Ah that's the woman who was claiming the Palestinian protestors were trolling her and why the police chased after the kid.

Quelle Surprise - She's a twat.

Her point is that, "atleast Israel investigated the allegations of sexual assault, what have Palestinians done?"

Yeah, bit fecking hard to investigate sexual abuse and crimes when the moment you pop your head out a 2000lb bomb drops on your head.
It seems for the German ruling class(Pretty sure most Germans support stopping arms to Israel)this conflict is the jackpot. They get to express smug false moralism and pretend they care about anti semitism while also getting to hate Muslims.

It’s gross.