Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

to add to the other replies, about this being a personal vs societal war:

Yes, but Netanyahu isn’t doing this for the people of Israel, he’s doing it to avoid the prosecutions that were already heading his way the second he was out of power.

Yes, but Netanyahu isn’t doing this for the people of Israel, he’s doing it to avoid the prosecutions that were already heading his way the second he was out of power.

My point at least is that he isn't some aberration or a sole obstacle to a peaceful future. Any democratically elected govt would likely have settled on an equally intense murder campaign, because that's what the democratic mandate is. Their motivation might just be to increase their own popularity by following public opinino, or they're truly committed democrats who believe the people should decide, or they might share in the hardline position themselves (the first and last are likely), rather than to prolong the government to avoid prosecution... but the end result would be similar.

I’ve seen too many videos of
children’s bodies being pulled from rubble, or being covered in body bags to hide the wounds
, images that will haunt me until I die, for anyone to try to convince me that this is anything other than the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians in Ghaza and the West Bank.

The terrifying and agonising part is that it’s not even ideological, it’s purely for Netanyahu’s personal gain.

This might help Netanyahu personally but he does it also because his main goal had been always wiping Palestina out to complete Israel from the river to the sea

Israel writing to US lawmakers and US Jewish organisations to put pressure on South Africa, warning them of "a heavy price".

Diplomatic campaign, or basically mob threatening SA

GXHfExfXcAAWXJd

Slimeball politicians. Disgusting people. As soon they get to power they turn their back to you.
Wrong thread?

Cuba also offered the US aid after Katrina. What an awful move, both times. No one in the public or government gives a single feck.

Cuba also offered the US aid after Katrina. What an awful move, both times. No one in the public or government gives a single feck.

Disagree. Even if nobody takes the aid offered, it’s never wrong to be humane.

Scumbag.

Netanyahu wont doesnt intend to stop, only ramping up the genocide. Love the 'israel has a right to defend' stuff spouted around and part about palestinian violence as if they're the only problem and Israel is just defending by killing hundreds by the day and destroying everything. Palestinians wont have anywhere to live anymore, forget about their right to exist.

Scumbag.

Netanyahu wont doesnt intend to stop, only ramping up the genocide. Love the 'israel has a right to defend' stuff spouted around and part about palestinian violence as if they're the only problem and Israel is just defending by killing hundreds by the day and destroying everything. Palestinians wont have anywhere to live anymore, forget about their right to exist.
I wonder if anyone ever asked these people on camera whether Palestinians in the WB have a right to defend themselves from illegal settlements. Really curious how they'd spin it.

Woman cleared by court for coconut placard at rally​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx2x202v2ejo

A teacher who carried a placard at a pro-Palestinian protest depicting Rishi Sunak and Suella Braverman as coconuts has been found not guilty of a racially aggravated public order offence.

Marieha Hussain, 37, of High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire denied the charge at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Friday.

She carried a picture showing the faces of the then Prime Minister and Home Secretary superimposed on coconuts under a palm tree in November 2023.

Her defence said the placard was not racist, but satirical and humorous.

Prosecutor Jonathan Bryan argued coconut was a well-known racial slur, suggesting that someone was brown on the outside but white on the inside.

Ms Hussain's defence described the decision to bring the court case as a disturbing attack on the right to freedom of expression and peaceful protest.

In a statement read to the court, Ms Hussain said: "I find it astonishing it could be conceived as a message of hate."

Rajiv Menon KC, defending, said: "That Marieha Hussain of all people is being prosecuted for a racially aggravated offence whilst the likes of Suella Braverman and Nigel Farage and Stephen Yaxley-Lennon - aka Tommy Robinson - and Frank Hester are seemingly free to make inflammatory and divisive statements ... is, I'm afraid, incomprehensible to many people."

After a two-day trial, judge ruled that the placard was "part of the genre of political satire".

Woman cleared by court for coconut placard at rally​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx2x202v2ejo

A teacher who carried a placard at a pro-Palestinian protest depicting Rishi Sunak and Suella Braverman as coconuts has been found not guilty of a racially aggravated public order offence.

Marieha Hussain, 37, of High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire denied the charge at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Friday.

She carried a picture showing the faces of the then Prime Minister and Home Secretary superimposed on coconuts under a palm tree in November 2023.

Her defence said the placard was not racist, but satirical and humorous.

Prosecutor Jonathan Bryan argued coconut was a well-known racial slur, suggesting that someone was brown on the outside but white on the inside.

Ms Hussain's defence described the decision to bring the court case as a disturbing attack on the right to freedom of expression and peaceful protest.

In a statement read to the court, Ms Hussain said: "I find it astonishing it could be conceived as a message of hate."

Rajiv Menon KC, defending, said: "That Marieha Hussain of all people is being prosecuted for a racially aggravated offence whilst the likes of Suella Braverman and Nigel Farage and Stephen Yaxley-Lennon - aka Tommy Robinson - and Frank Hester are seemingly free to make inflammatory and divisive statements ... is, I'm afraid, incomprehensible to many people."

After a two-day trial, judge ruled that the placard was "part of the genre of political satire".

That's not accurate. His trial started before lhe was ousted and continues now.

He is, however, doing it for his own benefit indeed.

I wonder if anyone ever asked these people on camera whether Palestinians in the WB have a right to defend themselves from illegal settlements. Really curious how they'd spin it.

Brown people (or people seen as brown by the west) never have the right to defend themselves against white people (or people who are seen as white in the west).

Remember the shock of seeing surveillance drones at my employer (university) during the protest last year. They all are even better prepared this time