Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Supreme Court decisions which changed over time, as they were influencing and being influenced by popular opinion.

Wikipedia:
"From 2004 through to 2015, as the tide of public opinion continued to move towards support of same-sex marriage, various state court rulings, state legislation, direct popular votes (referendums and initiatives), and federal court rulings established same-sex marriage in thirty-six of the fifty states."

Gallup:
maltlf4olewbwdr4w-nkvg.png

The point is that these political changes happen despite demographics not shifting much; people within those demographics simply change their views due to many complex factors.
Yeah, I understand that. I just have no expectation whatsoever to live to see the day that American Evangelicals turn against Israel (it’s hard baked into their religious eschatology) or for the GOP to turn against Evangelicals.

Just because public sentiment shifted on one issue does not mean it will shift on a completely unrelated one.

Yeah, I understand that. I just have no expectation whatsoever to live to see the day that American Evangelicals turn against Israel (it’s hard baked into their religious eschatology) or for the GOP to turn against Evangelicals.

Just because public sentiment shifted on one issue does not mean it will shift on a completely unrelated one.

Without Evangelicals the Republicans would be gone. They share the same core beliefs and ideology. Despite how hypocrtical or detrimental and harmful voting Republican. Abortion, supporting the death penalty, pro life (see previous examples) 2nd amendment, smaller government (except when it suits them).strong military, lower taxes, strong religious leadership (feck separation of church & state, we can pick & choose from the constitution what suits us, like we do with the Bible) personal & fiscal responsibility (despite the bible teaching about loving they neighbour & Jesus helping everyone & asking others to do the same) good moral & traditional values....

The Republican party IS the Evangelical party. They are inseparable.

Btw, I personally don't think all the things listed above are a bad thing, it's just how they are interpreted and put in to practice. I think many who hold those beliefs don't understand them,.practice them or are huge hypocrites & use them as an excuse or to hide behind, but sadly their true meaning & the way they are interpreted and intended to be adhered to has been twisted & either lost on many, used disingenuously or just conveniently forgotten.

I've always found it bizarre how often you see Politicians, commentators or just everyday people claim The Republican party is the party of religion and Democrats are sinners and godless souls who work for the Devil. It must be so insulting and upsetting to those true Christians on both sides of the political spectrum who live good, honest lives yet have to watch their religion bastardised and used as a weapon by those who are far from what they claim to be or believe in.

I do wonder how all this documentation is going to look in a year, 5 years, 50 years time. Just a small sample from recent events would include stuff like:

Video of Israel Defense Forces butchering children. Sniper wounds inflicted by Israeli soldiers on the skulls of little children. Sniper wounds in the chests of little children; in the abdomen of little children.
Pictures and testimony from Palestinians of Israeli's commiting mass rape and sexual violence. Videos of Israeli's proudly bragging about commiting and encouraging more sexual violence.
Israel making tv stars of their most popular rapists.
Audio and writings from Israeli leaders documenting their commitment to such atrocities.

How are people in the future going to look on this type of stuff and not see it as being entirely in keeping with the cruel intent and brutality displayed by other similarly barbaric regimes, like the Belgians in the Congo, Aparthied South Africa, Nazi Germany, the British in Kenya, African chattel slavery in America, etc. We can pretend that this is a necessary unpleasantness for now but this stuff doesn't tend to age well.

How are people in the future going to look on this type of stuff and not see it as being entirely in keeping with the cruel intent and brutality displayed by other similarly barbaric regimes, like the Belgians in the Congo, Aparthied South Africa, Nazi Germany, the British in Kenya, African chattel slavery in America, etc. We can pretend that this is a necessary unpleasantness for now but this stuff doesn't tend to age well.
Israelis will simply write another 5000 essays about how looking at all that makes them feel sad.

Last edited:
I do wonder how all this documentation is going to look in a year, 5 years, 50 years time. Just a small sample from recent events would include stuff like:

Video of Israel Defense Forces butchering children. Sniper wounds inflicted by Israeli soldiers on the skulls of little children. Sniper wounds in the chests of little children; in the abdomen of little children.
Pictures and testimony from Palestinians of Israeli's commiting mass rape and sexual violence. Videos of Israeli's proudly bragging about commiting and encouraging more sexual violence.
Audio and writings from Israeli leaders documenting their commitment to such atrocities.

You'll probably be called an antisemitic conspiracy theorist for talking about it.

You'll probably be called an antisemitic conspiracy theorist for talking about it.
That's exactly why they're pushing the IHRA definition and why universities are being so heavy handed.

That's exactly why they're pushing the IHRA definition and why universities are being so heavy handed.

Plenty of us tried to to tell anyone who would listen that the IHRA definition was purposely vague so as to smear anyone who spoke out against Israel.

I don't think we have to wait for the future. Just look at the american election thread, all sorts of coping. People will convince themselves there was sadly nothing that could be done.

It will look like to said loke other barbaric conflicts in history, national and international contriction pledging not to happen again while happening elsewhere (but not the same!). But too late! Israel is complete over palestinians, like canada and US are complete over first nations and so on

I don't think we have to wait for the future. Just look at the american election thread, all sorts of coping. People will convince themselves there was sadly nothing that could be done.
I think that kind of cope has a short expiration date.

Probably similar to the Bosnian genocide, both could have been stopped at the time and exuces will be made later why nothing was done.

Looks like the beginnings of a future for Palestinians in Gaza which Israel might agree to:

Funny how exhaustively defending The Most Moral Rape Army In The World's right to parade around in the underwear of the women and children you spend your days sniping in the head, attracts so much online scorn.

Not one single post about the 6 dead hostages that were found today huh? Didn't think so. Tragedies only apply to Palestinians I guess. To not get a ban I'll add the official party lines: evil zionists, apartheid, Genocide. Apologies if I forgot something.

Not one single post about the 6 dead hostages that were found today huh? Didn't think so. Tragedies only apply to Palestinians I guess. To not get a ban I'll add the official party lines: evil zionists, apartheid, Genocide. Apologies if I forgot something.

The Hostages Families Forum, a group representing the families of those held hostage in Gaza, said that all six held captive were “murdered in the last few days, after surviving almost 11 months of abuse, torture, and starvation in Hamas captivity”.

“The delay in signing the deal has led to their deaths and those of many other hostages,” they said, as they demanded that Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, address the nation “and take responsibility for abandoning the hostages”.

I don't see what's wrong here. I'm desperate for a deal to happen but to state that Hamas is a murderous evil organization is some kind of controversial statement now? HAMAS TERROSISTS BLEW UP A FENCE, INVADED ISRAEL, MURDERED 1200 INNOCENT MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN, KIDNAPPED 300 INNOCENT MEN WOMEN AND CHILDERN. I know some of you don't like to be remembered of those small facts because it gets in the way of your agenda of hating everything Israel touches. Apologies.

Not one single post about the 6 dead hostages that were found today huh? Didn't think so.

‘Mr. Death’: Hostage families say Netanyahu has condemned their loved ones to die​

- Times of Israel yesterday

Israeli military says bodies of six hostages recovered in Gaza​

- Guardian today

Sucks to have Mr Death as Prime Minister and Mr Rape as primetime entertainer.

I'm already seeing more words of kindness by US politicians about the settler who was tragically ignored and killed than I have seen for any killed Palestinian child over the last 11 months.

On the other hand, Biden and Harris continue to serve the needs of Netanyahu like good dogs.

I don't see what's wrong here. I'm desperate for a deal to happen but to state that Hamas is a murderous evil organization is some kind of controversial statement now? HAMAS TERROSISTS BLEW UP A FENCE, INVADED ISRAEL, MURDERED 1200 INNOCENT MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN, KIDNAPPED 300 INNOCENT MEN WOMEN AND CHILDERN. I know some of you don't like to be remembered of those small facts because it gets in the way of your cool woke agenda of hating everything Israel touches. Apologies.
If you think Hamas are murderous terrorists for killing 1200 innocent people and kidnapping 300 more, wait till you hear about how many innocent civilians the IOF has killed and kidnapped prior to that.

If you think Hamas are murderous terrorists for killing 1200 innocent people and kidnapping 300 more, wait till you hear about how many innocent civilians the IOF has killed and kidnapped prior to that.

Not that it's the most important thing in the world, but Hamas did not kill 1200 "innocent men women and children". The civilian death toll of the October 7th attacks is estimated to be around 800.