Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

A polio epidemic has been declared in Gaza. But I guess it will be tolerated by the major powers as they keep supporting Israel.

I remember seeing this quote, didn't realise he had an official position and wasn't just a rando. Israel has indeed made the desert bloom! (with an enlightening discource on the Right To Rape)

A polio epidemic has been declared in Gaza. But I guess it will be tolerated by the major powers as they keep supporting Israel.
The major powers at this point deep down just wish the genocide could be completed as quickly as possible. Then they would find someone to fall on the sword, why not bibi. Then they would say "oh if only we had known it was this bad..." and they could finally move on from this. In a couple of decades we'd have memorials and no more political problems. Everyone would feel really warm inside that at least this time we really learned the lesson.

Just remembered that there was Fatah-Hamas declaration from Beijing recently. Haniyeh, in Qatar, was supposedly the one most open to deals like that, and to political solutions in general. Might be really great timing from Israel so that the deal will now be ignored by the Hamas ground leaders in Gaza. The US likes to say that Palestinians aren't a partner for peace - of course, they would have said it anyway, if the deal went through, but this makes it much easier.

Al-Ghoul's head was separated from his body, his cameraman was killed too.

They were targeted twice and killed in their press car.

Israel assassinating Palestinian leaders has been a deliberate tactic to derail and destabilise the movement for decades now. It's a well known colonial tactic.

These journalists and media personal on the ground have balls of steel. All the respect to them. It's frankly embarrassing and disgusting their colleagues on western media don't respect their own profession and completely ignore this.

These journalists and media personal on the ground have balls of steel. All the respect to them. It's frankly embarrassing and disgusting their colleagues on western media don't respect their own profession and completely ignore this.
Its because they refuse to even acknowledge their humanity. Worse yet, they'll clutch at straws to desperately draw any tenuous link between them and Hamas.

Because their colleagues from western media are just parts in a media machine driven by agenda.

Al-Ghoul's head was separated from his body, his cameraman was killed too.

They were targeted twice and killed in their press car.
I’m sure the IDF will find some way to claim it as an accident.

Also if there’s still any of those IDF apologists in the thread, there’s footage online making it patently clear that he was in his press car wearing his press gear

Here is Ismail’s tribute to himself and the dying humanity.

“Let me tell you, my friend, that I no longer know the taste of sleep. The bodies of children and the screams of the injured and their blood-soaked images never leave my sight. The cries of mothers and the wailing of men who are missing their loved ones never fade from my hearing.

I can no longer bear the sound of children’s voices from beneath the rubble, nor can I forget the energy and power that reverberates at every moment, turning into a nightmare. It is no longer easy for me to stand before the rows of coffins, which are locked and extended, or to see the dead people more than the living who are fighting death beneath their homes, not finding a way out to safety and survival.

I am tired, my friend…”

Ismail Al-Ghoul
Al Jazeera Correspondent in Gaza

It was sad to see videos of the remaining journalists in Gaza defiantly display their press badges. They are implicitly appealing to the western liberal framework where journalists are inherently valuable.
But the protected species is human, and the people they are appealing to don't really think full human beings live in Gaza. When he's displaying his badge saying "Press", the sign might as well say Glory To The Resistance.

e - this is expected from Israeli journalists, for whom all Palestinians are Nazis:

But the implicit appeal from Palestinian journalists is to "the international community", which prefers to look away, since they simply aren't human.

Last edited:

This is where social media has been the great equalizer. A harrowing clip of a Palestinian baby without a head or photos of Israeli torture camps give a far more poignant depiction than some BBC/Guardian article headline of some aid workers mysteriously being found blown to pieces inside their vehicle, caveating with it being a 'Hamas run ministry source'.

This is where social media has been the great equalizer. A harrowing clip of a Palestinian baby without a head or photos of Israeli torture camps give a far more poignant depiction than some BBC/Guardian article headline of some aid workers mysteriously being found blown to pieces inside their vehicle, caveating with it being a 'Hamas run ministry source'.

And twitter in particular, because it has no moderation left.

The last john oliver's episode was about the west bank. So fecking infuriating.