Henry Winter: Rashford spent the summer getting supremely fit, reporting early for training | Wants to stay as he loves the club

what a load of bullshit

How this fraud of a player still has tOP rEDS in here defending him is the weirdest fecking thing

How any United fan can call a home-grown player who has already brought so much pleasure a "fraud" or a "bell-end" is genuinely beyond me. Yes, Rashford is streaky, but when he's on, it's thrilling to watch one of our own dismantle our rivals.

Don't doubt his commitment. Of course it helps with that if you don't watch him play. His Insta game this summer is going to be phenomenal.

I can’t for the life of me understand why Rashford, or anyone else in his inner circle, think it’s a good idea to throw out puff pieces like this.

Talk is cheap and there’s been numerous articles like this in the past without anything actually changing.

His relationship with the actual supporters attending OT is shit, which is fecking impressive for “one of our own”.

All he has to do is shut the feck up, no puff pieces, and just leave everything on the pitch, problem solved.

Nothing new from Rashford, just hope he can actually put words into action come the start of the season. Would love nothing more than for him to properly come good at United.

That being said, do think with INEOS opting to keep ten Hag, there will be a particular spotlight on underperforming players for this coming season, with no where really to hide. Will be really interesting.

How any United fan can call a home-grown player who has already brought so much pleasure a "fraud" or a "bell-end" is genuinely beyond me. Yes, Rashford is streaky, but when he's on, it's thrilling to watch one of our own dismantle our rivals.

the fact he’s home grown is irrelevant. Any player that puts the shirt on is the same, British or otherwise. And likewise as fans we should expect players to do their very best every game, not trot around half assed most of the time. Add to the fact he lacks in key fundamentals like decision making, intelligence and technical ability and you can see why fans have an issue with him, particularly on that ridiculous contract.

but if it makes you feel better by sticking up for players until the bitter end, go for it

It's all justified, whatever you call it.
Calling him a piece of shit that won't flush is justified how exactly?

We've had other players collecting wages for years who haven't had half the amount of good or impactful moments for us that he has without getting that treatment.

The criticism oh his play on the pitch is absolutely fair but for some reason it very often veers into personal territory and pointed attacks on character much more often than I've seen with the likes of other players who caught hell from fans like Maguire.

Calling him a piece of shit that won't flush is justified how exactly?

We've had other players collecting wages for years who haven't had half the amount of good or impactful moments for us that he has without getting that treatment.

The criticism oh his play on the pitch is absolutely fair but for some reason it very often veers into personal territory much more often than I've seen with the likes of other players who caught hell from fans like Maguire.
Because he's actually 'played' as if that's true.

Never seen such a lazy player have so many supporters. If it wasn't Sir Marcus but Enzo from Argentina, I bet there wouldn't be half the support for him that Rashford gets.

Because he's actually 'played' as if that's true.

Never seen such a lazy player have so many supporters. If it wasn't Sir Marcus but Enzo from Argentina, I bet there wouldn't be half the support for him that Rashford gets.

and that’s exactly my point. The level of hate from our own fans towards one of our own players, it baffles me.

Rashford really needs to fire his PR team and just focus on football. Nothing matters until he actually starts playing well again. Anything before that will bring more negativity and rightly so. If people around him still can't realize that then he needs to push them away. Do the talking on the Pitch.

the fact he’s home grown is irrelevant. Any player that puts the shirt on is the same, British or otherwise. And likewise as fans we should expect players to do their very best every game, not trot around half assed most of the time. Add to the fact he lacks in key fundamentals like decision making, intelligence and technical ability and you can see why fans have an issue with him, particularly on that ridiculous contract.

but if it makes you feel better by sticking up for players until the bitter end, go for it

You seem to think I don't get frustrated with players sometimes. Of course I do. I'm not some naive neophyte. But I also recognize that they're human and make mistakes and, unlike many, I don't prioritize the strident expression of those frustrations because all I'd be doing would be adding to the cacophony of all those critical voices (and I have to say, yours is especially judgmental: "lacks intelligence"?). Why would I want to add to that? I'm a supporter not a critic.

I've been doing it this way since I first fell in love with United and went to Old Trafford in the seventies. I love the club, and I love the city. I might well be an anachronism, but the ocean of braying voices on social media is not for me. I love watching my team, and I'll save any criticisms I have of individual players for private conversations with friends and family or keep them to myself entirely. I simply can't comprehend the mindset of calling United players ugly names in public. How does that benefit anyone?

fairly pointless PR.

Imagine an Olympic athlete pushing news "Usain bolt spent the winter getting fit preparing for the summer Olympics"

Getting paid a couple hundred thousand pound a week and he's eating right and getting in shape for the season, it's his job.

Rashford really needs to fire his PR team and just focus on football. Nothing matters until he actually starts playing well again. Anything before that will bring more negativity and rightly so. If people around him still can't realize that then he needs to push them away. Do the talking on the Pitch.
This kind of news should be ok, if it comes with some real tangible actions. Like, Rashford has hired 5 new personal fitness coaches, Rashford has been training with US Navy to increase his endurance and mentality, Rashford has been running up and down Mt. Fuji twice a day as part of his fitness regime, Rashford has infused Fred and Bruno’s blood into his vein to modify his DNA, in attempt to mimicking the later two fitness level.

Instead of coming out with standard vague news that sounds hollow.

Last edited:
Rashford is amazing. He knows what he needs to do to get supremely fit.

That's the difference between Rashford and Pogba. Rashford uses it to improve his life while Pogba wastes his time arguing with others and getting banned for drugs use.

Surely it's in his best interests that he just keeps quiet and shows his work on the pitch? Instead of spending hours getting all his mates to big him up on how he gives his everything to the club? There wouldn't be any backlash if he showed that on the pitch.

I really want to like Rashford, I really do. But he doesn't help himself when he gets these kind of articles out literally every single fecking time he goes through a bad patch.
No, working on the pitch is way harder qnd requires consitency over many many seasons. Also, it would mean commiting to measurable outcomes like goals and assists, which can be used to determine the claims he made. So they use words like 'loves the club', 'working very hard', 'playing with hurt' and of course the 'superfit'.

No, working on the pitch is way harder qnd requires consitency over many many seasons. Also, it would mean commiting to measurable outcomes like goals and assists, which can be used to determine the claims he made. So they use words like 'loves the club', 'working very hard', 'playing with hurt' and of course the 'superfit'.
Yea and then people wonder how anyone can dislike Rashford when there is such a huge contrast between his on field performances and this hogwash written in articles. And it's not like it's a one time occurrence, been happening for years now.

Many modern fans don't have an emotional or even geographic connection with Manchester. Most couldn't pinpoint Wythenshawe on a map.
What's having a geographic connection with the club got to do with anything? What a load of tosh.

Fitness isnt his issue and improving it wont fix what was wrong last season. Needs better decision making
He needs to actually give a shit when he's on the pitch, that's his biggest problem, his attitude stinks.

So many questions..... find out the answers in the next episode of Rashford Row Z.

At the end 300k pounds + every week isn’t feasible for PSG as well…won’t perform this season as well with his load of social media ambitions and personal issues…I think this recent Board are smart enough so would be Marcus’s advisors…Selling at the right price would be the best thing

A player capable of scoring 30 goals in a season is valuable. Last season wasn't great but hes 3 goals behind our top scorers and has as many as Garnacho, so i'd say his struggles have been exaggerated. He's not going anywhere so i'll try and get behind him and back him to do better this season. All this stuff sounds positive.
Worst case scenario theres a couple more players challenging him for a place and he becomes an expensive but pretty great sub.

i get theres more to complain about than his goals and assists but this isn't a player performance thread so bleh

I can’t for the life of me understand why Rashford, or anyone else in his inner circle, think it’s a good idea to throw out puff pieces like this.

Talk is cheap and there’s been numerous articles like this in the past without anything actually changing.

His relationship with the actual supporters attending OT is shit, which is fecking impressive for “one of our own”.

All he has to do is shut the feck up, no puff pieces, and just leave everything on the pitch, problem solved.

Well said.

The hate for Rashford is seriously misplaced. Yes, he's underperforming but this is no way for a fan base to treat him. You can see he realizes himself and is ashamed of his performances. He's voluntarily given up social media for a while to focus on football and is at least trying to show fans he cares by putting out these PR stunts.

What's having a geographic connection with the club got to do with anything? What a load of tosh.

It has everything to do with it. No idea why anyone would support a club based in a city they've never even visited, let alone lived in. It's a mystery to me. Each to their own, though, I guess. To me, it's about community and civic pride and family (every time anything significant happens with United, I think of my grandad, a diehard Mancunian Red who died far too young). The stories my uncles and my mom told me about the Busby Babes, about Munich, about how it felt to be in Piccadilly Gardens when the newspapers blared the awful headlines, about redemption ten years later against Benfica, about crying as a kid when we were relegated then celebrating our return to exciting wing play under the Doc. And on a more mundane level, about getting on that bus every other Saturday to cross South Manchester to Old Trafford and pay my two quid at the Stretford End turnstiles.

I realize not everyone was fortunate enough to experience all of this, and that's fine, but this is why I won't call out any players, let alone fellow Mancs who play for United, period. You call it "tosh" (which is astonishingly disrespectful, frankly); I call it what it feels like to be a lifelong United fan born in that great city to a family who lived and breathed the club.

For what he and the rest of them are getting paid "supremely fit" is the bare minimum standard. For 300k a week I expect nothing less.

It has everything to do with it. No idea why anyone would support a club based in a city they've never even visited, let alone lived in. It's a mystery to me. Each to their own, though, I guess. To me, it's about community and civic pride and family (every time anything significant happens with United, I think of my grandad, a diehard Mancunian Red who died far too young). The stories my uncles and my mom told me about the Busby Babes, about Munich, about how it felt to be in Piccadilly Gardens when the newspapers blared the awful headlines, about redemption ten years later against Benfica, about crying as a kid when we were relegated then celebrating our return to exciting wing play under the Doc. And on a more mundane level, about getting on that bus every other Saturday to cross South Manchester to Old Trafford and pay my two quid at the Stretford End turnstiles.

I realize not everyone was fortunate enough to experience all of this, and that's fine, but this is why I won't call out any players, let alone fellow Mancs who play for United, period. You call it "tosh" (which is astonishingly disrespectful, frankly); I call it what it feels like to be a lifelong United fan born in that great city to a family who lived and breathed the club.
So you're another one of those loons that think that only people from Manchester should support the club? Or you have to have been to Manchester a certain amount in your eyes or what? I haven't been over in about 15 years I think because I simply can't afford it anymore, does that make my support of the team worse somehow? Does it mean I'm not allowed the same opinions on players and the team etc?

I've been a fan for over 30 years and I won't be talked down too by someone like you, being all high and mighty, just because you happen to be born in Manchester. It doesn't make you a better fan than me, and I think it's disrespectful to even think that, if you do. If that is what you think then I couldn't be arsed conversing with you any further.