Henry Winter: Rashford spent the summer getting supremely fit, reporting early for training | Wants to stay as he loves the club

I’d bet money on him having a top season next season

Another manager didn’t get thrown under the bus. ETH didn’t get sacked, players will be sold, including sancho.

Ineos have backed the manager over the players. It’s a clear message they have sent out.

I was and still am in the camp of those who think it would be better for the club and Marcus if they parted ways this summer - but if he believes he can prove the doubters wrong and wants to work hard for it (he certainly has the talent to do so) then this United fan would like to see what he’s got.

Coincidentally, I just finished watching all of Ted Lasso for the first time just now, and finished the show thinking United could use a bit of belief these days. If there ever was a sign Rashy…

Rumor say that he was spotted at Black Chew Head screaming Drago!

Will be willing him on and every other player in the team! Things off the pitch, for the men's side at least, seem to be turning a corner so here's to hoping things on the pitch do to! Can't wait for the season to start!

call him a fraud and a bell-end etc is beyond the pale. its pathetic behaviour.

If Rashford were in a music band the name of the band would be Hollow Words.

Fecking sick of this guy at this point. Should not be near the top of earners in the club but here we are stealing for a living.

Just saw the bruised rib part. :lol:

Fernandes played with a broken hand at one point.

Having had both I can tell you that a broken hand doesn't impact your ability to play football, indeed when I broke mine while playing I finished the match and didn't get it seen to for three days.

A bruised rib will make it more difficult to do everything a forward needs to do.

Possibly the most important player at the moment. Whether it’s a title race or a top four race, the difference having a senior forward who can get in and around 20 league goals in a season is huge - and I believe he’s the only one we have with that capability presently. The rest can have all the attitude, work rate and pressing they want - but paltry goal numbers from our frontmen won’t take us very far.

IF he is to stay and he manages to return to his top form, he moves any project we have along quite a bit.
He's scored 17 in the league twice in 9 seasons. His next best is 11. I'd sell him if we can get £30m+ and move on.

I've found Henry Winter the most respected football journalist for a long time in the UK. Articles like this from the Rashford PR-train make me doubt that considerably.

Just do your talking on the pitch.

He's scored 17 in the league twice in 9 seasons. His next best is 11. I'd sell him if we can get £30m+ and move on.
Yeah, the problem with Rashford and why he's good and not great is that even in his seasons of strong goal tallies he's never gotten fully 'up there' in league goals i.e. 20 plus. It's always a respectable league return, with a bunch in Europa and FA/Carabao padding out the rest.

Disagree with the £30m, that's obviously fecking stupid. No offence.

Starts an article with 13 questions he clearly has no answers for and then wants you to pay for the rest :lol:

Fitness wasn't Rashford issues last year, so he could get extremely fit now and still be crap during the season. It was his lack of effort and decision making on the pitch that was pretty bad last year.

That link - I wasn’t aware of the Winter connection before. I’ll now read anything Winter writes about Rashford as though Rashford himself has written it
He spoke to Goldbridge a few months back patronising him about the name 'T rashford'. Like, how do you think the player feels when he hears that? :lol:

Whoah no way a professional footballer has spent the summer getting fit? That's so amazing

The problem is that Rashford is just as capable of returning paltry goal numbers as the rest of them. Attitude and workrate should be something you're willing to overlook for the truly special players, not someone who may be great over a 5-month span every 3 or 4 years.

Indeed, I have no idea which Rashford will turn up, however, I know he’s the only forward we currently have who is capable of being a threat at the highest level at the moment.

Love it!

I am glad he didn't go to Euros with England. We'll get a fresh and rejuvenated Rashford next season. Won't be surprised if he crosses his highest goal tally in a league season so far in his career.

I have a soft spot for him as he has given us so many moments of joys since VG introduced him against Midtjylland. I have full faith that he'll prove people wrong again next season.
Again?

You guys need to give him a break. The same folks who advocated for Erik after a bad season last year are the same ones bashing one of our own and wanting him gone. An academy product and a local lad that has been our top scorer since SAF has left. He had a stinker last season but he needs our support. Season before last, he was the sole reason we made the Champions League and won the League Cup. Give him a chance.
No, you sell consistent underperformers.

Does this guy think the fans are idiots? FFS just do your talking on the pitch.

How about once in the last 4 seasons?

How many goals did he score in Ole’s last full season where we finished second? I can’t imagine we would have a successful season without Rashford posting good numbers.

My recollection of Rashford has been generally one season on one season off. Last season was obviously terrible, the season before he was great. The season before that, we had our woeful Ragnick season. Pretty sure he was also injured for much of that season too. Before that, we finished second, which, assuming he was fit, I would guess he scored more goals than any of our current alternatives have managed.

Embarrassing really at this point. Every year the same shit. Once he steps a foot on the pitch, he will stop running after 10 minutes. Yawn

You don't see any relation between fitness and effort?

Even though a bad fitness can lead to bad effort, I really don't think this is Rashford issues though. For me is more of a lack of care than fitness.

You could take care of your body, been super fit and everything and when the games come still just walk trough the pitch as you don't care.

Alright Carragher

As much as I hate Liverpool, their fans can spot players with talent and mentally to succeed at the top level. Not a chance Klopp would have tolerated someone like Rashford sulking and stinking up the place these past few years.

Why are some people acting like footballers don't take a break during the summer??? The fact that he is using the summer to improve himself, should be a positive.

All that matters is what happens on the pitch, but he is clearly drowning in negativity, which isn't good for the team most of us claim to support. He should be taking steps to improve his mind, not his body as I feel like the former is his biggest issue.

I don't know why Manchester United fans seemingly dislike him so much. I just don't get it

Of course it's bullshit and PR article, but I wonder how many people buy into it. But anyway, wouldn't it be easier to be more likeable to the fans to just run and fight more during the games, I mean, you need to just do it for around 10 most important games during the year, that's literally extra 10 minutes of running during those 10 games instead of spending your summer training(pretending). Scott Mctominay does it and people think he runs a lot despite generally being one of the most laziest players in the league, but when big games come he picks his few fights and people call him warrior.

How many goals did he score in Ole’s last full season where we finished second? I can’t imagine we would have a successful season without Rashford posting good numbers.

My recollection of Rashford has been generally one season on one season off. Last season was obviously terrible, the season before he was great. The season before that, we had our woeful Ragnick season. Pretty sure he was also injured for much of that season too. Before that, we finished second, which, assuming he was fit, I would guess he scored more goals than any of our current alternatives have managed.

Your recollection is a bit off.
11 in the league, this was also the season he had some injuries, and he had shoulder surgery towards the end of the season. The season before that he had a really good season with 17 in the league. The season after we know what happened was poor after coming back from injury, Ole gets sacked, and Rangnick pretty much marginalizes him. After that we know what happens during ETHs reign so far.

Not only do these obvious PR pieces make you roll your eyes, especially when it’s become a routine… they also serve as something to bite you in the ass potentially.

If you’re going to go all out and say you’re dedicated to the cause on such a public scale then you better live up to it, otherwise it’s going to be used against you and you’re setting yourself up to put in minimum 7/10 performances a lot of the time.

As the old adage goes, do your talking on the pitch.

Indeed, I have no idea which Rashford will turn up, however, I know he’s the only forward we currently have who is capable of being a threat at the highest level at the moment.
Fair enough, but to then waste half the season before realising which rashford has turned up, it would be better to address the problem right now

I don't know why Manchester United fans seemingly dislike him so much. I just don't get it

Cause he constantly plays the victim and then proceeds to stroll around the pitch like he's prime Ronaldo. United fans love players with fight and taking responsibility on the pitch.

Rashford’s PR engine gearing up already