Henry Winter: Rashford spent the summer getting supremely fit, reporting early for training | Wants to stay as he loves the club

Wish we’d have just moved him on.

It’s not that he isn’t useful - he is. It’s just that it doesn’t matter how shite he’s playing, he guarantees a starting spot. That can’t be good for the morale of players who are warming the bench while he half arses around the pitch.

I don’t know what the feck he’s done to get immunity status, but Ten Hag needs to grow a set of balls and drop him if he’s not performing.
But he got dropped last season…

Live with that? If you want to improve, you find a way to rid yourselves of these players and replace them. Big priority for next summer.

We have to pay off 90K AWB, who is going to pick up 180K Maguire? Apart from waiting for their contract expiry, how are you going to sell them? If you can't get them off the book, how are you going to replace them?

What is Supremely fit?

Its when you can no longer have a girlfriend or partner because you are so gorgeously good looking that it wouldn't be fair to lower your standards to anyone else.

A pain I, like Rashford, have had to live with for most of my adult life.

Recon this will be his 'last chance season', as well as it is for some other players (like Shaw). Either Rashford deserves a spot or gets kicked out.

It's his lack of pressing that's most problematic i guess, as one player lacking in the press leaves the entire team in the wrong position defensively. It's not to be excused. As a forward you can miss chances (as he did last saturday) but not pressing and do your team duties is something that shouldn't be accepted for even 1 game. With Garnacho in form and Amad pushing for a starting spot, I feel that EtH has a stronger position to drop Rashford if he's not improving on this area of his game.

Hopefully he hits the ground running tonight, a goal or 2 would go a long way to quietting the noise...

So he played shite, and got dropped. Glad we agree.
Throwaway line.

He only got dropped after playing awful for almost an entire season. He should have been dropped 7 months earlier, at least.

Too little, too late.

Its when you can no longer have a girlfriend or partner because you are so gorgeously good looking that it wouldn't be fair to lower your standards to anyone else.

A pain I, like Rashford, have had to live with for most of my adult life.
Condolences

I know what pain is like having to lug around my giant penis everywhere

Hopefully he hits the ground running tonight, a goal or 2 would go a long way to quietting the noise...

I’d love for this to happen but statistically speaking I hope he’s on the bench.

I'm confident he'll have a good season this year. The next year or the year after we might be back to square one again, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it ;)

Throwaway line.

He only got dropped after playing awful for almost an entire season. He should have been dropped 7 months earlier, at least.

Too little, too late.

He was pretty good at the start of the season, at which time we also had Antony unavailable and Amad injured. He was poor in November/December and rested.

He was then back in decent form from around the Villa comeback match and that front 3 of Rashford-Hojlund-Garnacho was generally doing well, so no reason to drop him.

He then seemed to suffer some injury issues around March and probably should have been rested earlier. He only really seemed to return properly for the cup final, when he played well and was an important cog in a famous victory.

I’m not a fan of ETH’s management last season but he generally seemed to get it about right with Rashford.

He was pretty good at the start of the season, at which time we also had Antony unavailable and Amad injured. He was poor in November/December and rested.

He was then back in decent form from around the Villa comeback match and that front 3 of Rashford-Hojlund-Garnacho was generally doing well, so no reason to drop him.

He then seemed to suffer some injury issues around March and probably should have been rested earlier. He only really seemed to return properly for the cup final, when he played well and was an important cog in a famous victory.

I’m not a fan of ETH’s management last season but he generally seemed to get it about right with Rashford.
So your summary is that Rashford was only poor in November/December, and for the rest you play the injury excuse card.

You must be part of Rashford's PR agency.

The bar is pulled so low that if he doesn't have a bad game, it starts getting called good form.

I find the hatred for an academy graduate with well over a hundred goals for United bizarre, to be honest. Different types of fans I suppose.

I find the hatred for an academy graduate with well over a hundred goals for United bizarre, to be honest. Different types of fans I suppose.
Being an academy product doesn't and shouldn't exempt you from being criticized when it is deserved, in Rashford's case in was mostly deserved last season, hatred, unless he's done something bad to someone personally, is just childish and pathetic IMO

Being an academy product doesn't and shouldn't exempt you from being criticized when it is deserved, in Rashford's case in was mostly deserved last season, hatred, unless he's done something bad to someone personally, is just childish and pathetic IMO
Criticism is absolutely fine. There are many comments in this very thread that are well beyond criticism. Not sure anyone has ever said any player is above criticism? I’ve never seen anyone post that about any player on this forum, so unsure why it’s mentioned.

Criticism is absolutely fine. There are many comments in this very thread that are well beyond criticism. Not sure anyone has ever said any player is above criticism? I’ve never seen anyone post that about any player on this forum, so unsure why it’s mentioned.
I've seen plenty of posts in the past in other threads, try beimg critical of a Kobbie performance and you'll likely find out, same with Garnacho