Henry Winter: Rashford spent the summer getting supremely fit, reporting early for training | Wants to stay as he loves the club

I wish there was a option on here beside peoples comments. I agree with so many of you that can see through this PR nonsense. Good to see that the majority of people are on the same page in regards Rashford and his PR game. You can rate the player all you want (I personally don’t rate him at all and would sell him, but that’s a personal opinion) but I can see how anyone can justify his constant PR fluff pieces and the leaks to press when he’s unhappy. I’d hate sharing a dressing room with someone like that.

No one hates their own players more than United fans :lol:

Last edited:
I like his style. Party during the season when all other players are working hard. Then work hard whilst others are on holiday.

As much as I hate Liverpool, their fans can spot players with talent and mentally to succeed at the top level. Not a chance Klopp would have tolerated someone like Rashford sulking and stinking up the place these past few years.
It was a reference to you saying spit - apologies for my terrible attempt at humour

Many modern fans don't have an emotional or even geographic connection with Manchester. Most couldn't pinpoint Wythenshawe on a map.

It’s nothing to do with this and everything to do with his lack of effort.

It’s been years of this now and he needs to change his attitude and posture and start being the example that the club needs and deserves.

Ferguson wouldn’t have put up with it and would have, at the very least, demanded a shift or sold him.

Load of nonsense, Winters helping his buddy.

Good pr for Rashford, more clicks and subs for Winters. A win, win for him.

The moment the window slams shut Rashford will underperform and play to get ETH sacked.

The relationship is too fractured at this point, and if I was ETH I'd have trust issues with Rashford, I think jts best for all with Rashfords departure.

Fair enough, but to then waste half the season before realising which rashford has turned up, it would be better to address the problem right now

By signing someone who we know is guaranteed to turn up and score plenty of goals?

This was 11 months ago and from memory featured all the “been working hard on fitness all summer”, “can’t wait to hit the ground running”, “ready and raring to go” type bollocks.

Put up, or shut up.

Or even better; just move on.

Many modern fans don't have an emotional or even geographic connection with Manchester. Most couldn't pinpoint Wythenshawe on a map.

what a load of bullshit

How this fraud of a player still has tOP rEDS in here defending him is the weirdest fecking thing

This level of drive is the default of top players. Should not take a disaster of a season for him to wake up.

If true, great.

Although I would say, getting supremely fit isn't really an impressive feat it's a minimum expectation. It begs the question of what the heck players are doing to begin with if they have to make an unusual effort to be supremely fit.

But turning up early, showing commitment beyond the minimum requirement, that would be good if true.

This was 11 months ago and from memory featured all the “been working hard on fitness all summer”, “can’t wait to hit the ground running”, “ready and raring to go” type bollocks.

Put up, or shut up.

Yeah, it’s depressing. I remember people sharing photos of him looking huge and ripped in pre-season. We expected a monster season from him. And then…

Expected to see this sort of stuff coming out, standard PR nonsense. Suppose we'll see come August when he pulls on the shirt again whether or not he's interested in playing with the required amount of intensity and purpose.

Load of nonsense, Winters helping his buddy.

Good pr for Rashford, more clicks and subs for Winters. A win, win for him.

The moment the window slams shut Rashford will underperform and play to get ETH sacked.

The relationship is too fractured at this point, and if I was ETH I'd have trust issues with Rashford, I think jts best for all with Rashfords departure.
Yeah just like he did in Ten Hag's first season when he scored 30 goals in all comps...

Possibly the most important player at the moment. Whether it’s a title race or a top four race, the difference having a senior forward who can get in and around 20 league goals in a season is huge - and I believe he’s the only one we have with that capability presently. The rest can have all the attitude, work rate and pressing they want - but paltry goal numbers from our frontmen won’t take us very far.

IF he is to stay and he manages to return to his top form, he moves any project we have along quite a bit.
The problem with this thinking is that he shoots first rather than assessing if his CF is in a good position to cross or pass to.
it’s one of our team issues, trying to get supply to the forward

He's scored 17 in the league twice in 9 seasons. His next best is 11. I'd sell him if we can get £30m+ and move on.

Exactly, we need to stop treating him like he is Ronaldo or can become that. If he does turn that corner, great, but we need to raise the floor of our team and not make players like Rashford guaranteed starters.

We need a couple of forwards who reliably score and assist at a high volume in the CL (I know, I know...) and league. Having that real added quality will only help our current crop to improve, sink or swim like the old days where players said the training was harder than games.

We are used to forward squads like Yorke/Cole/Solskjaer/Sheringham and Saha/Ruud/Rooney/Smith. Fergie brought in Berbatov when we had Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez - I want us to ruthlessly pursue depth of quality like that again.

Put up, or shut up.

Probably before the Sancho stuff? Also I’ve heard he breaks up and gets back with his gf a lot and when he’s with her he’s been playing better. I understand it to an extent but he has one of the best jobs in the world.

The problem with this thinking is that he shoots first rather than assessing if his CF is in a good position to cross or pass to.
it’s one of our team issues, trying to get supply to the forward
Im sure Ruud will have a few things to say about that aswell

Nice to see Henry Winter picking up a bit of pocket money while he’s unemployed.

United fans have lost patience with him. His fitness comebacks are like the boy who cried wolf now, we’ll only believe it when we see it.

Fitness isnt his issue and improving it wont fix what was wrong last season. Needs better decision making

You would be hard pressed to find a support base more patient with players and managers than United fans.

We only need a few glimpses and all the hope and love come flooding back, despite mountains of evidence against said player/manager.

The only bizarre thing is how people can’t understand frustrations with Rashford, when he visibly doesn’t try on the pitch as a means to get the manager sacked and get his own way.

A player willing to tank an entire season isn’t in the fans graces? What a shocker…

Fitness isnt his issue and improving it wont fix what was wrong last season. Needs better decision making

I don't think so.

He needs better decision making because we played a striker like Hojlund who needed Rashford's service. With Martial this was not the case because Martiak was the Creator for Rashford, not Rashford creating for Martial.

We buy someone like Zirkzee and then the need for Rashford to play in Zirkzee goes to zero because Zirkzee would be playing balls in for Rashford to just finish instead.

I don't see why Hojlund & Rashford not interlinking well is Rashford fault. Hojlund isn't even a target man or a deep lying forward, he is a channel running getting behind the line striker - the exact same thing Rashford likes to do.

You would be hard pressed to find a support base more patient with players and managers than United fans.

We only need a few glimpses and all the hope and love come flooding back, despite mountains of evidence against said player/manager.

The only bizarre thing is how people can’t understand frustrations with Rashford, when he visibly doesn’t try on the pitch as a means to get the manager sacked and get his own way.

A player willing to tank an entire season isn’t in the fans graces? What a shocker…

I'd be surprised if anyone isnt frustrated with him, i certainly am and a lot of that comes down to him being a better player than he's showing (in my view, and probably a different debate). The issue i have is that its far more than frustration from certain people and fans, the hatred and way in which people speak about him is what i find bizarre. You only have to look a few posts up and you can see that. Its weird.

I'd be surprised if anyone isnt frustrated with him, i certainly am and a lot of that comes down to him being a better player than he's showing (in my view, and probably a different debate). The issue i have is that its far more than frustration from certain people and fans, the hatred and way in which people speak about him is what i find bizarre. You only have to look a few posts up and you can see that. Its weird.
He is in the doghouse with a big part of the fan base, whose fault is that? You don't get there overnight. Just because you might not be as riled with him as others doesn't make it invalid

He is in the doghouse with a big part of the fan base, whose fault is that? You don't get there overnight. Just because you might not be as riled with him as others doesn't make it invalid

Agreed, and frustration is warranted, but its often way over the top. Shit that wont flush has been said this thread as an example, thats weird in my view.

I don't think so.

He needs better decision making because we played a striker like Hojlund who needed Rashford's service. With Martial this was not the case because Martiak was the Creator for Rashford, not Rashford creating for Martial.

We buy someone like Zirkzee and then the need for Rashford to play in Zirkzee goes to zero because Zirkzee would be playing balls in for Rashford to just finish instead.

I don't see why Hojlund & Rashford not interlinking well is Rashford fault. Hojlund isn't even a target man or a deep lying forward, he is a channel running getting behind the line striker - the exact same thing Rashford likes to do.

Rashford would have been far better with better decision making when playing with Martial too

General sentiment is right here. He needs to show it on the pitch, no one believes his words anymore