Hazard or Griezmann... Who is the better player??

Who is the better player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not a United fan but if I'm biased towards Griezmann is because I have been following a lot since he was in Real Sociedad. He was goodish there but not as consistent but nonetheless was already seen as great prospect with lots of talent. In that team Carlos Vela was the better player been more complete and carrying the attack with Griezmann putting more goals each season, both of them were like the best attackers in the league outside Barcelona and Real Madrid forwards. He went to Atlético de Madrid and kept rising as well being on a better team. He does sulk and could be better at penalties but I still rate him a lot while I haven't followed Hazard as close so I don't want to disregard him but with I have seen of both I'd rate Griezmann as a better player although either one should improve United and I don't both still have room to improve as players as well.

I'd have to go for Hazard, not by much, only way would be to have them play in he same league. I think Hazard would/will tear up La Liga his pace, strength and directness would/will create havoc.

Please all write to Real and convince them that there is a better option than Hazard. Thanks.

I have been following a lot since he was in Real Sociedad. He was goodish there but not as consistent but nonetheless was already seen as great prospect with lots of talent
It's actually what impresses me most about him. At Sociedad he looked like a talented, but rather limited winger, with good final product though, while at the same time Hazard tore apart the French league, looking like a certain future Ballon D'Or winner. But the way that Antoine transformed himself, changed his game - in the last 2 seasons at Real and, lately, at Atletico (Simeone deserves much credit for this), it's incredible.

It's actually what impresses me most about him. At Sociedad he looked like a talented, but rather limited winger, with good final product though, while at the same time Hazard tore apart the French league, looking like a certain future Ballon D'Or winner. But the way that Antoine transformed himself, changed his game - in the last 2 seasons at Real and, lately, at Atletico (Simeone deserves much credit for this), it's incredible.

Yup, he has grown a lot and you're probably right about Simeone. I think arriving to Atlético, and not a Real Madrid, Barcelona or any top 4 English club has allowed him to stablish himself as a top player and keep developing his playing style; he's more versatile now while at first in Real Sociedad I thought of him as a pure winger with good finishing. I also think Atlético de Madrid relies too much on him so it's very noticeable when he has a bad game so I think he can still become a better player if he was transferred to a premier league team or any of Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich surrounded with better teammates and having more support on attack.

I kept at it watching La Liga during it's darkest period because of players like Griezmann. Was my favorite player to watch back when he was a winger for Sociedad. That being said I think Hazard is the better player. Chelsea's success in the past 3 seasons (this one counting) and the quality of his performance are linear. I don't think, as good as he is, that Griezmann carries the same importance.

I think griezmann is the more effective player. But hazard has that invaluable ability to be equally effective against a parked bus and during counter attacks.

Last edited:
I voted for Greizmann, but I do wonder how much the poll is affected by both our interest in him and the general underrating of Hazard on this forum.

I'm not picking on you, I promise.

I just find your humour triggers absolutely infantile. God bless.
I think I have to agree with you on that one... especially with him calling you a lunatic in response :( Geez. Just be the bigger man and ignore it :)

What the feck are you talking about?

Listen, two very prominent players were named in the OP and then the poster proceeded to add photographic evidence of those players, which there was absolutely no need of.

Another poster commented on that, which I found funny.

So what the feck is your problem you lunatic!?

What are you actually talking about... why was there absolutely no need to add a photo in my post. Who made you judge and jury? If I want to dress up my post leave me to do so. Have a good day.

Seems a weird comparison since one is an attacking midfielder and the primary ball carrier for his team while the other is a striker. A more sensible comparison would have been Griezmann vs Sanchez for example. Or Griezmann vs Dybala.

Anyway, Hazard is seriously underrated on redcafe. I mean the guy is a better dribbler and creator than Lionel Messi was in his prime. I think that speaks volumes of his quality.

Anyway, Hazard is seriously underrated on redcafe. I mean the guy is a better dribbler and creator than Lionel Messi was in his prime. I think that speaks volumes of his quality.
What? :lol:

Seems a weird comparison since one is an attacking midfielder and the primary ball carrier for his team while the other is a striker. A more sensible comparison would have been Griezmann vs Sanchez for example. Or Griezmann vs Dybala.

Just no.

Back already, BlueCelery?

For the sake of bold text I implore you !

It's a factual statement though. Based on purely objective terms, he is. For instance,

In the last 5 seasons, according to Squawka.com:

Messi (2012/2013) - 33 key passes 12 assists
Hazard (2012/2013) - 54 key passes 11 assists

Messi (2013/2014) - 75 key passes 18 assists
Hazard (2013/2014) - 85 key passes 7 assists

Messi (2014/2015) - 55 key passes 7 assists
Hazard (2014/2015) - 90 key passes (!) 9 assists

Messi (2015/2016) - 57 key passes 16 assists
Hazard (2015/2016) - 63 key passes 3 assists (his worst season ever)

Messi (2016/2017) - 55 key passes 7 assists (and counting)
Hazard (2016/2017) - 54 key passes 5 assists (and counting)

In total in the last 5 seasons:
Messi has 275 key passes and 60 assists
Hazard has 346 key passes and 35 assists

This is despite Messi playing with much better players who score from the chances he creates (just compare who Messi has played alongside from 2012-2017 to Hazard) , turning his key passes to assists and also being one the set-piece takers for his team, which Hazard isn't. So Hazard is creating all this chances without set pieces.

Hazard is more creative than Messi and is truly one of the most devastating creative players in world football despite not being a pure playmaker.

April fools was yesterday bud.

It's a factual statement though. Based on purely objective terms, he is. For instance,
The sad thing is that you simply don't know what those stats mean.
Key Pass

The final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring.

So, if you add Messi's assists to his key passes, he outperforms Hazard even by your strange logic (football isn't just stats, and no one in ther right mind would say that Hazard is more creative than Messi after watching actual football games with those two)

The sad thing is that you simply don't know what those stats mean.
Key Pass

The final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring.

So, if you add Messi's assists to his key passes, he outperforms Hazard even by your strange logic (football isn't just stats, and no one in ther right mind would say that Hazard is more creative than Messi after watching actual football games with those two)

No, 275+60 - 335 chances created
346+35 - 381 chances created

You must have missed the part about Messi playing with better players? Are we going to compare the likes of Eto'o, Villa and Luis Suarez to Torres and Schurrle? So of course Messi has more assists!

"No one in their right mind" blah blah blah

Based on your subjective opinion (which is a huge exaggeration btw), not on the factual information. As for someone who has watched both players extensively, both are extremely similar stylistically. Both create chances at will in the final 3rd for. Even with an ordinary eye test, it's close, but the data shows Hazard edges it. If you can't deal with that, too bad.

The players at the top of the creativity stat category are generally the ones you expect to be there. Great playmakers and/or great set piece takers.

Last edited:
Im a chelsea fan but watched Barca tonight without Messi . Neymar is better than either being mentioned here.Let's get 100million for Hazard put in another
70 mill for Neymar and sit back and enjoy.Ps @TW Conte is staying and so is Kante ,,oh you don't rate either of them do you?

I've read a lot of wild stuff on this forum but saying Hazard is more creative than Messi really is something special :lol:

Im a chelsea fan but watched Barca tonight without Messi . Neymar is better than either being mentioned here.Let's get 100million for Hazard put in another
70 mill for Neymar and sit back and enjoy.Ps @TW Conte is staying and so is Kante ,,oh you don't rate either of them do you?
Yes, because Barca clearly want to give up their long term Messi replacement for no reason at all. Hazard isn't going anywhere and neither is Neymar. I know it makes for interesting discussions but let's face reality here.

I've read a lot of wild stuff on this forum but saying Hazard is more creative than Messi really is something special :lol:
Ive read that Jose is the best manager in the world and Conte and kante are rubbish . Its stated quite often on here.

how about ...just for once, while we have a good crop of them...keeping what we have bar those who want China, and giving a few fringe players or youngsters a go. We might unearth the next Griezmann or Hazard ... one of the rated youngsters even played and scored against Barca tonight

Last edited:
This is starting to look more and more like a discussion on the Manchester United facebook page

I clicked my vote for Hazard without hesitation expecting a split of something like 75% in favour of Eden. How surprised I was to see Griezmann winning.

By the way - I didn't vote. Hazard is younger and got couple more years for even further development and Messi plays for a different club in a different league. Time will tell.

What the feck? :lol: I'm assuming you mean Griezmann? They're also the same age

I clicked my vote for Hazard without hesitation expecting a split of something like 75% in favour of Eden. How surprised I was to see Griezmann winning.

Redcafe is different to other football forums. In other forums, Hazard is rated very highly. Here, he must be compared to another teams' good player and that player is almost always invariably "better". It started with Kagawa.

Redcafe is different to other football forums. In other forums, Hazard is rated very highly. Here, he must be compared to another teams' good player and that player is almost always invariably "better". It started with Kagawa.

Actually you could go through the forum and you'd see most people think he's the best or second best player in the league. Griezmann is just better due to the fact that he's been far better than Hazard for his Nation and in the CL. His goalscoring output has only really been matched by Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez over the past few years as well.

Griezmann is one of the best players in the world, Hazard isn't even the best player in the world in his position, that's simply the difference.

Seems like some people don't realise just how good Griezmann has been the past few years.