Hazard or Griezmann... Who is the better player??

Who is the better player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is wrong with you? I found another poster funny, what the feck is wrong with that you utter crack head.

I'm not picking on you, I promise.

I just find your humour triggers absolutely infantile. God bless.

I'm not picking on you, I promise.

I just find your humour triggers absolutely infantile. God bless.

Well what was the point of your reply in the first place?

"What was the point of your post?" - Nietzsche.

What the feck are you talking about?

Listen, two very prominent players were named in the OP and then the poster proceeded to add photographic evidence of those players, which there was absolutely no need of.

Another poster commented on that, which I found funny.

So what the feck is your problem you lunatic!?

What the feck are you talking about?

Listen, two very prominent players were named in the OP and then the poster proceeded to add photographic evidence of those players, which there was absolutely no need of.

Another poster commented on that, which I found funny.

So what the feck is your problem you lunatic!?

I couldn't help but notice your pain.
It runs deep.
Share it with me.

I prefer Griezmann and I'd rather have Real Madrid try to sign him instead of Hazard.

He's single handedly gotten fecking Atletico Madrid to the finals of Champions Leagues with his goals against Bayern and Barca etc. He's consistently scored 20-30+ goals a season playing in a team that aren't set up to attack.

How is that overrated? He came third in the Ballon d'or ffs. He's exactly what we need here considering we can't fecking score and he is one of the best goal-scorers in the game.

It isn't true ! Atletico didn't wait Griezmann to go to the finals of CL. They were already there in 2014 and the same they won la liga

With Griezmann they won nothing. Griezmann isn't a big games player, he was shit in the 2 finals ( CL and Euro ).

That's why at 26 he never won anything !

Ahd he's consistently scored 20-30+ goals a season ? Since 2015 yeah.

His record isn't good , he's a fraud, don't want him here.

Last edited:
Pictures of players being discussed is funny. Shiiiit, I'm gonna add that to my stand-up routine.

"So, what about Donald Trump, right?"

shows picture of Donald Trump
cue rapturous applause.
You're a bit weird.

And by a bit I mean a lot.

Of course, but those games had it not been for his vital goals would generally be games they should have no business winning. Godin has been one of the best defenders in the world but I was specifically talking about Griezmann's goals, as they are ultimately the most important factor in a win. I used the word single handedly, but I wouldn't agree in terms of performance, but in terms of goals, I would argue he was their most important player by a mile in those CL runs due to his knack for always getting them.

Especially considering Atleti are hardly a high flying, attacking team, so Griezmann's individual moments have been vital for them, because they're usually the difference for them.
yeah thats fair enough- definitely a vital cog in Simone's machine

How on earth is Griezmann (the player who finished only behind Messi and Ronaldo in the Ballon D'or) as well as excelling more at international level and at the highest level of club football (CL) a level below Hazard.

You're spouting absolute bollocks.

Odd thing to say given he's pretty much regarded as one of the very best outside of Real and Barca and Hazard is not. His performances thus far are simply better than hazards.

Unfortunately the only way we'll know for sure is if we do sign Griez in summer, so it's not really spouting bollocks, simply giving my opinion on who I would prefer us to sign and I think is the better player.

My fear is that Griez would struggle with the physicality of the PL and we'll be sat here next year with hazard tearing it up for Real whereas the usual Caf posts appear about an elephant in the room etc. and our bank account being £90m lighter.

With a man down against what simply is a better team at the moment you're going to struggle to contain any world class attacking player worth his salt.
Hazard was the reason we were a man down in the first place. We couldn't contain him by fair means.

This thread would be different if it was Liverpool or City linked with Griezmann.

Aww another person who doesn't realise football exists outside Premier League. Bless you.

Bless your ignorance. Griezmann plays best just off a striker and not many teams in England play the 442 that Atletico do.

Griezmann is the better player. Him being linked to us doesn't really mean anything. If you ask a majority of non-United fans, they'd say the same.

He's performed in the CL and internationally at a level Hazard simply hasn't yet.

Griezmann is the better player. Him being linked to us doesn't really mean anything. If you ask a majority of non-United fans, they'd say the same.

He's performed in the CL and internationally at a level Hazard simply hasn't yet.

Ive argued in favour of Hazard but would be interested to hear the non united fans view on here.

Any takers?

Got to be honest. I think many people voted for Griezmann because he's linked to us. Hazard is the better player, but Griezmann is the better striker and since we already have Mykhi (a player more similar to Hazard) it would be fantastic if could sign the frenchman.

Not sure how it's a close call. Hazard only showed himself in EPL (albeit brilliantly, and he is on course to winning his second POTY in 3 years), struggling in continental games and not showing enough for his country. Griezmann:
  • won La Liga player of the year in 2016 - the first player to win it apart from Messi and Ronaldo (the award exists since 2008/09)
  • won Euro 2016 Golden boot and was named player of the tournament
  • was voted 3rd in Ballon D'Or vote, and 2nd best player in Europe that season
  • Champions League squad of the season

While I'm actually a fan of Hazard and love watching him play, he just isn't on Griezmann's level at the moment. The only skill he has on him is his dribbling, Griezmann is a better goalscorer, has better movement and workrate and his passing is seriously underrated, I think they both are on par in this component, both brilliant but not world-class playmakers.

Not sure how it's a close call. Hazard only showed himself in EPL (albeit brilliantly, and he is on course to winning his second POTY in 3 years), struggling in continental games and not showing enough for his country. Griezmann:
  • won La Liga player of the year in 2016 - the first player to win it apart from Messi and Ronaldo (the award exists since 2008/09)

While I'm actually a fan of Hazard and love watching him play, he just isn't on Griezmann's level at the moment. The only skill he has on him is his dribbling, Griezmann is a better goalscorer, has better movement and workrate and his passing is seriously underrated, I think they both are on par in this component, both brilliant but not world-class playmakers.

spot on - nice post

its amazing how many posters have forgotten Hazards achievements before he joined Chelsea with titles, cups and player of the year awards.
Posters need to get out of this rhetoric that Hazard has only done it the PL.
Of course it doesnt change views on what Griezmann has done but at least give Hazard a litlle more respect about his achievements albeit they were in the French league

Well put pal

Has to be Griezmann, do people really give that much weight to goals scored and performances put in English football? Why is Hazard scoring 11 goals this season is seen as him having a great season while Griezmann scoring 22 goals in Spain isn't? People need to realize Griezmann has been performing at a very high level for four years now, he's flown under the radar because he wasn't playing for the big two in Spain or a team which is know for its attacking. His stock has grown higher and he's become more of a household name after his performances in CL and Euros.

Also, I have to just laugh at the poster who suggested Griezmann hasn't won any individual accolade. I place much more importance in Griezmann winning La Liga player of the year award than Hazard winning PFAs POTY award simply because of the quality of players and competition in La Liga. If that wasn't enough, the guy was voted best player at Euros and also had a golden boot to show for it. He's the real deal, him being linked with us makes little difference in this regard.

Hazard by a distance I'd say. What exactly does griezmann have? He scores goals sure, but I don't see any strong evidence from his all round play, physicality or skill set that the goals would translate between teams or leagues.

Hazard by a distance I'd say. What exactly does griezmann have? He scores goals sure, but I don't see any strong evidence from his all round play, physicality or skill set that the goals would translate between teams or leagues.

Then you must not watch him. He has some of the best movement in the world and his link-up play is highly underrated.

They translate rather well between club and country.

I'd take Hazard. There are very few players who can dribble and take on people the way Hazard can. I'd say Messi, Robben and possibly Neymar are the only ones as good as he is at doing it.

I like the argument that Hazard is a better player because the only thing Griezmann has on him is his goals. Well, by that logic, Hazard should be better than Ronaldo too, right? Of the last few years, at least, when Ronaldo completely forgot how to dribble.

people get too swayed by aesthetics when judging a player. Hazard might be more enticing to watch but he's not better than Griezzman

This. His problem is just down to focus. He looks back to his best this season because Conte is a very demanding manager.
It's an old caf joke, not a serious post. Hazard can ..., if he wants too. Hazard can fly to Mars tomorrow, if he wants to.

Griezmann probably, even though if i had to choose a player for Bayern i would definitely take Hazard. I think he's easier to integrate into a system.