Hazard or Griezmann... Who is the better player??

Who is the better player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would that hurt? Griezmann is not a United player. But it's simply wrong, be objective and realise that Hazard is mentally weak who even went as far to down tools and write off a whole season of his career. Griezmann is far more proven.
because as he alluded too...about posters voting for Griezman because they think he is coming to OT ala the Pogba/Kante debate last year.

I am going to have a guess at had it been Hazard strongly rumoured going to OT...the response of SOME of the posters on here would be different. Nature of the beast

Last edited:
Not disputing he's doing well, just he's a level below Hazard in my view and I think we'd all be looking at him differently if he wasn't odds on to sign for us in summer.
How on earth is Griezmann (the player who finished only behind Messi and Ronaldo in the Ballon D'or) as well as excelling more at international level and at the highest level of club football (CL) a level below Hazard.

You're spouting absolute bollocks.

I'm french and for me Hazard is the bettter player.

Griezmann is highly overrated, he hasn't won anything in his career. Don't want him here !

Last edited:
I'm french and for me Hazard is the bettter player.

Griezmann is highly overrated, he hasn't won anything in his career. Don't want him here !

He's single handedly gotten fecking Atletico Madrid to the finals of Champions Leagues with his goals against Bayern and Barca etc. He's consistently scored 20-30+ goals a season playing in a team that aren't set up to attack.

How is that overrated? He came third in the Ballon d'or ffs. He's exactly what we need here considering we can't fecking score and he is one of the best goal-scorers in the game.

100% Hazard. Wouldn't even consider swapping them.
Yet to see Hazard win the CL. Griezmann must edge it from what he has achieved. Hazard by 26 could very well be better though so it's a tough one.

Yet to see Hazard win the CL. Griezmann must edge it from what he has achieved. Hazard by 26 could very well be better though so it's a tough one.

Griezmann has never won it either to be fair.

He's single handedly gotten fecking Atletico Madrid to the finals of Champions Leagues with his goals against Bayern and Barca etc. He's consistently scored 20-30+ goals a season playing in a team that aren't set up to attack.

How is that overrated? He came third in the Ballon d'or ffs. He's exactly what we need here considering we can't fecking score and he is one of the best goal-scorers in the game.
i'm on the Griezemann is better opinion but the bolded part is just silly....

at Atletico the team is king and their success is built on hard work, organisation and commitment..... someone like Godin has been more important on an individual level

i'm on the Griezemann is better opinion but the bolded part is just silly....

at Atletico the team is king and their success is built on hard work, organisation and commitment..... someone like Godin has been more important on an individual level

Of course, but those games had it not been for his vital goals would generally be games they should have no business winning. Godin has been one of the best defenders in the world but I was specifically talking about Griezmann's goals, as they are ultimately the most important factor in a win. I used the word single handedly, but I wouldn't agree in terms of performance, but in terms of goals, I would argue he was their most important player by a mile in those CL runs due to his knack for always getting them.

Especially considering Atleti are hardly a high flying, attacking team, so Griezmann's individual moments have been vital for them, because they're usually the difference for them.

Not even close. Griezmann has been playing a similar role to Hazard whilst scoring 20+ goals for past 3/4 seasons.
He hasn't. Its like saying Rivaldo and Ronaldinho played the same role and the latter is much better cause he scored more.

Hazard seems to be just a good EPL player until proven otherwise. It's not as if Antoine has had his body of work while playing next to Neymar or Ronaldo, he's had Torres in front of him for most of his Atletico career.

He hasn't. Its like saying Rivaldo and Ronaldinho played the same role and the latter is much better cause he scored more.

Well no two players are exactly alike so you're opening a can of worms. Hazard and Griezmann both play in behind the striker. They are both creative players in the winger cum playmaker role. I mean if we were to see their heat maps im pretty sure their positioning would be the same. Its not like were comparing chalk and cheese.

As usual, these player a vs player b threads are utterly inconclusive. it comes down to personal preference. griezmann for me simply because hazard hasn't done shit outside the premier league but put him in a top tier team and i'm sure he'd demolish defenses for fun on any level.

Of course, but those games had it not been for his vital goals would generally be games they should have no business winning. Godin has been one of the best defenders in the world but I was specifically talking about Griezmann's goals, as they are ultimately the most important factor in a win. I used the word single handedly, but I wouldn't agree in terms of performance, but in terms of goals, I would argue he was their most important player by a mile in those CL runs due to his knack for always getting them.

Especially considering Atleti are hardly a high flying, attacking team, so Griezmann's individual moments have been vital for them, because they're usually the difference for them.
That's funny, considering Atletico managed to reach the 2014 final before Griezmann even joined them. How did they manage that then without an individual as amazing as Griezmann?

It was Atletico's defence that got them there both times.

That's funny, considering Atletico managed to reach the 2014 final before Griezmann even joined them. How did they manage that then without an individual as amazing as Griezmann?

It was Atletico's defence that got them there both times.

Was it their defence that scored against Bayern and Barca? Defence is important, of course, but claiming it's as important as crucial match winning goals is wrong. We have a good defence, Rojo hasn't turned our thousand and one draws into wins though, Barca's defence has been pretty average for years now, they've still dominated Europe due to having incredible midfield/attack. Madrid's left back can't even defend, etc.

Besides, their 2014 squad was a completely different situation, they had a very good attack, with players like Turan, Costa, Villa etc.

Had Griezmann not come up huge with those goals in the QF and SF against Barca and Bayern, Atleti's defence wouldn't have won them the game.

As usual, these player a vs player b threads are utterly inconclusive. it comes down to personal preference. griezmann for me simply because hazard hasn't done shit outside the premier league but put him in a top tier team and i'm sure he'd demolish defenses for fun on any level.
apart from win things in France such as titles, cups, player of the year awards etc.

I know, I know...the french league aint all that according to some

i'm curious what metrics you used to come to that conclusion. one makes goals, the other prevents them. i say it's an interesting hypothesis. there is a huge perception bias towards attacking players but if you were to play moneyball hard data might tell a different story.
I watched almost all their matches. The first part of his analysis is spot on. They are a team, that works extremely hard with a perfectly organised defence. They don't defend as individuals, but with 11 players. Yet the same isn't true when it comes to attacking. Often the forwards are on their own and overall they rely on them making the best out of this situation. Griezmann is the player that is consistently scoring for them due to his individual class. Take him out of the team and they are screwed. This season YFC is stepping up as well, but he could never replace Griezmann. There are maybe 4-5 players in the world that could do what Griezmann is doing. Godin is a fantastic CB, but their defence would not break down just because one part is missing.

Thanks for showing pictures. I didn't know who you were referring to.
Yep, if you're going to do a Vs Poll, why not go all the way ;)

What is the point of this thread really?
Hmmm what is the point of your question, should I really answer it or are you going to contribute to the poll.

Antoine is the best player in the world who doesn't play for Barca and Real.

Hazard has done nothing outside of EPL so far.

Comparing their careers, it isn't even close.

Interesting statement... well I hope you're right and I hope he comes to United :)

Hazard for me comfortably.

Not convinced Griezmann would light up the league like Hazard has if he ends up here.

Not convinced Griezmann would light up the league like Hazard has if he ends up here.

Aww another person who doesn't realise football exists outside Premier League. Bless you.

Why? If he can perform in La Liga, the CL and the Euros surely he would be ok with the PL

Hazard has better dribble and techniques I believe, well he's more winger while Griezmann isn't.

Griezmann has a better jumping reach, heading and end product.

In term of mentality I believe Griezmann is better as he's more consistent. So Griezmann easily.

I think they are different players at a very similar level, with Hazard having a higher top level while Griezmann has a higher bottom level.

That said, I don't watch enough of Atletico or France (even though they alongside the Germans are my favorite national teams to watch) to be sure about Griezmanns level.

How does one deduce that Hazard holds a higher level than Griezmann? They're nearly the same bloody age whilst Griezmann has clearly been a better player in the past 3/4 seasons. I'm really struggling here.

What besides scoring does Griezmann do better than Hazard footballing wise? Dribbling? No. Passing? No. Pace? No. Strength? No.

What exactly makes Griezmann a better footballer? Talking strictly ability here.
Goalscorer is an ability. Griezemann is incredible at it given he plays in not exactly the most cavalier team in Europe. He's also more intelligent that hazard and his off the ball movement is one of the best. His mentality is also better.

Hazard is potentially better because his natural talent on the ball is greater but as of now griezemann is the better player and performances show that clearly.

Not disputing he's doing well, just he's a level below Hazard in my view and I think we'd all be looking at him differently if he wasn't odds on to sign for us in summer.
Odd thing to say given he's pretty much regarded as one of the very best outside of Real and Barca and Hazard is not. His performances thus far are simply better than hazards.

How is that funny?

Please explain what, about that post, made you laugh.

What? It was clearly funny. The fact that we had to have a photographic evidence of said (World Class/Renowned) players.. It's quite clearly amusing.

What? It was clearly funny. The fact that we had to have a photographic evidence of said (World Class/Renowned) players.. It's quite clearly amusing.

Pictures of players being discussed is funny. Shiiiit, I'm gonna add that to my stand-up routine.

"So, what about Donald Trump, right?"

shows picture of Donald Trump
cue rapturous applause.

Pictures of players being discussed is funny. Shiiiit, I'm gonna add that to my stand-up routine.

"So, what about Donald Trump, right?"

shows picture of Donald Trump
cue rapturous applause.

What is wrong with you? I found another poster funny, what the feck is wrong with that.. ..you utter crack head!