Hazard or Griezmann... Who is the better player??

Who is the better player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hazard plays for himself while Griezmann plays for the team. Griezmann has performed and has shone on the world stage what a terrific player he is. At the moment, Griezmann is France's best player while I wouldn't consider that Hazard is even Belgium's best player. I rate Debruyne a tad bit higher.

In all, United would benefit from having Griezmann than Hazard (if that was even possible)

I clicked my vote for Hazard without hesitation expecting a split of something like 75% in favour of Eden. How surprised I was to see Griezmann winning.
Could you tell us your reaction to when Griezmann came 3rd in the ballon d'or

Redcafe is different to other football forums. In other forums, Hazard is rated very highly. Here, he must be compared to another teams' good player and that player is almost always invariably "better". It started with Kagawa.
Griezmann won La Liga player of the year, and he is the only player in history of the award (well, since 2008/09) to break Ronaldo/Messi duopoly.
Griezmann came 3rd in Ballon D'Or vote, after having amazing CL campaign, leading his team to the final (and a win, if not for an offside goal).
Griezmann was voted best player of Euro 2016, leading his country to another final and grabbing a golden boot on the way - at the same tournament Hazard scored only 1 goal in the trashing of Hungary and was eliminated by the mighty Wales

Griezmann isn't just "any player". If you'd ask people on here who is the best player in the Premier league, most will answer you that Hazard is. And that's much more accurate assessment of his abilities. Very few apart from the MadWinger argued that Kagawa was equal or better.

Redcafe is really different from most of the other forums, the main difference being the newbie system.

Hazard plays for himself while Griezmann plays for the team. Griezmann has performed and has shone on the world stage what a terrific player he is. At the moment, Griezmann is France's best player while I wouldn't consider that Hazard is even Belgium's best player. I rate Debruyne a tad bit higher.

In all, United would benefit from having Griezmann than Hazard (if that was even possible)
Hazard has outperformed De Bruyne since 2014 for his national team. Hazard was better than De Bruyne at the Euros and in the Euro qualifiers. De Bruyne was mediocre in the Euros. Hazard, barring last season has been a better player than De Bruyne in the last 5 seasons. He carried his team to the 2014/15 title under the most defensive big name manager in world football while getting double teamed in every game and the shit kicked out of him.

Actually you could go through the forum and you'd see most people think he's the best or second best player in the league. Griezmann is just better due to the fact that he's been far better than Hazard for his Nation and in the CL. His goalscoring output has only really been matched by Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez over the past few years as well.

Griezmann is one of the best players in the world, Hazard isn't even the best player in the world in his position, that's simply the difference.

Fair enough, mate. But remember, Griezmann is a striker and Hazard is an attacking midfielder, actually the primary ball carrier for his team. Griezmann will always score more goals, that's his job. However, I respectfully disagree. Hazard is a higher quality footballer than Griezmann. I'll take Dybala and Sanchez ahead of Griezmann as my starting striker.

Griezmann won La Liga player of the year, and he is the only player in history of the award (well, since 2008/09) to break Ronaldo/Messi duopoly.
Griezmann came 3rd in Ballon D'Or vote, after having amazing CL campaign, leading his team to the final (and a win, if not for an offside goal).
Griezmann was voted best player of Euro 2016, leading his country to another final and grabbing a golden boot on the way - at the same tournament Hazard scored only 1 goal in the trashing of Hungary and was eliminated by the mighty Wales

Griezmann isn't just "any player". If you'd ask people on here who is the best player in the Premier league, most will answer you that Hazard is. And that's much more accurate assessment of his abilities. Very few apart from the MadWinger argued that Kagawa was equal or better.

Redcafe is really different from most of the other forums, the main difference being the newbie system.

Griezmann will always have more goals because he is a striker. Hazard also had like 5 assists in that tournament and his performance against Hungary was the best of any player in the competition. Congratulations to Griezmann for playing in a stronger team than Hazard. A team good enough to put him in a position to come 3rd in Ballon d'or voting. A team good enough to reach the finals of the Champions league without resorting to 90 minutes of archaic, defensive football. You really should watch how Mourinho set up his Chelsea to play in some of these big CL games, giving Hazard and the other attacking players no chance of being influential in the game. I'll like to see how Griezmann would have coped in similar conditions, having to play as a left back for 90 mins like Hazard did against PSG or being double and triple marked after being dragged out half fit from an injury like Hazard was against Atletico Madrid.

It's opinions. For me I'll have Hazard all day over Griezmann without a shadow of a doubt. He's simply the better player. More creative, better dribbler, better football brain, better passer and decision maker. I'll also have Sanchez and Dybala over Griezmann. Both are more dynamic players. Griezmann is too frequently marked out easily from games.

Why? Considering how you think Hazard vs Griezmann is something that requires zero hesitation...I would think you would be shocked that Griezmann got 3rd in the vote

I tend to ignore most awards as they are little more than popularity contests. This might undermine my opinion on the poll but it's the truth.

I tend to ignore most awards as they are little more than popularity contests. This might undermine my opinion on the poll but it's the truth.

What about when Griezmann was probably the best player at the Euros up until the final, or when he got Atleti to the final of the CL by knocking Bayern and Barca out with his goals?

Both vastly different players but the only thing Hazard is better at is dribbling, which is why if Griezmann was still playing out wide instead of behind the striker where he doesn't need to be a world class dribbler, Hazard would be miles better.

Different players, different team style approach, and different league...

But with the way Man Utd play, Hazard style is more useful...He will be an upgrade to Mata in term of speed and goal threat...And if Mkhi in his short Man Utd period could copy at least 80% of his Dortmund time, our wing attack will be joy to watch...and of course, Rashford or Martial, could play in their best position, Central Forward...

Back to Griezman...

If we look at ATM style of play, and their players, and also the Coach, Don Simeone..I describe ATM as "Beautifully a rigid defensive mentality team with a fully willingness to counter attack and kill the game"...there's no hesitation to play hard and sometimes dirty...like Stoke City with highest quality...

Mou has the ability to play the way Simeone play, but now he does not have the players to apply that approach...In Madrid, Mou has AdM, CR7, KB and Modric to play killing blaze counter attack...but now, who he has ??? Static Midfielders, 2 inconsistent winger, and one not so fast Big CF...only Valencia can play fast attack but even he has his limit (no left foot)....

Like Pogba, who's been supported by 2 different type of Midfielders (Pirlo the genius Quarter Back Play maker and Vidal the hard worker useful water carrier), Griezman also been supported by 3 midfielders with Harakiri Fighting Spirit in Saul, Koke, and Gabi...not mention the hard tackled defensive players in the mold of Godin, and Luis Felipe.

But in current squad, who will play the supporting roles like that ? Herrera ? Carrick ? Fellaini ?

With Man Utd current squad, i am not sure, Griezman will be more useful...If the price is the same, i will choose Hazard...

Just 2 cents from Newbie...pardon my bad English...

What's next? Willian vs Neymar?
I mean Willian is faster and more suited to the EPL. He is more of a goal threat than Neymar, you know. lol

What's next? Willian vs Neymar?
I mean Willian is faster and more suited to the EPL. He is more of a goal threat than Neymar, you know. lol
It's true. Even Bendtner has scored more goals in the PL than Neymar

Redcafe is different to other football forums. In other forums, Hazard is rated very highly. Here, he must be compared to another teams' good player and that player is almost always invariably "better". It started with Kagawa.
English/PL forums? I guarantee you, if you make this poll on a spanish or italian forum griezmann would win in a landslide

How have 80 people voted for Hazard lmfao. Hazard is a good player but he is nowhere Griezmann's level yet nor comes close to Griezmann's accomplishments, UCL Final twice and Euro's Final as well. Hazard was absolute shit last season, not to mention the fact that Hazard has never ever come close to reproducing that last season he had at Lille. Hazard has had one season out of 10 above 20 goals, Griezmann has scored more than 20 goals in his last 4 seasons including this one, continually improving every single year.

I assume this is just another case of Hazard being put over because of the EPL. He really can't lick Griezmann's boots otherwise. And this is coming from a Real Madrid supporter.

Griezmann's been more impressive the past couple of seasons but you can easily prefer Hazard because he's easier to fit in. Not every team uses a second striker while creative, attack minded wide players are more common.

How have 80 people voted for Hazard lmfao. Hazard is a good player but he is nowhere Griezmann's level yet nor comes close to Griezmann's accomplishments, UCL Final twice and Euro's Final as well. Hazard was absolute shit last season, not to mention the fact that Hazard has never ever come close to reproducing that last season he had at Lille. Hazard has had one season out of 10 above 20 goals, Griezmann has scored more than 20 goals in his last 4 seasons including this one, continually improving every single year.

I assume this is just another case of Hazard being put over because of the EPL. He really can't lick Griezmann's boots otherwise. And this is coming from a Real Madrid supporter.
Griezmann was invisible in that 2014 final :p

What an incredibly imbecilic comment. Further proof that many Real Madrid fans know nothing about football.

I must've missed the part where Griezmann was playing in the 2014 final. I nevertheless agree with the general consensus of this thread and poll that Griezmann is marginally better.

I must've missed the part where Griezmann was playing in the 2014 final. I nevertheless agree with the general consensus of this thread and poll that Griezmann is marginally better.
You're right my bad he was still at Real Sociedad at the time, I think he still got over 20 goals in that season If I'm not mistaken. Just so used to Griezmann being a part of the Atletico mainstream.

I loved Hazard when he was playing at Lille, that central attacking midfielder that would destroy people week in and week out inside the box with his penetration and football iq was a joy to watch. Shoved out to the left I feel he lost a lot of what made him so special, of course he still has that talent and that ability but it no longer has that mystique and magic it did when he was playing in France.

He is obviously having one of his best years for Chelsea and that is in large part to what Conte has done for him in the formation. Basically said to him you no longer have to do any defensive work (like Conte did with Pogba) focus all your energy on the final third and do what you do best. Which is great.

But you look at Griezmann and what he has done not only for Atletico but France and it's not even close.

Hazard has had better seasons than this one for chelsea tbf, whereas griezmann's performances improved every season

I think it's easier to judge players based on their more recent performances, and hazard was pretty bad last season, while griezmann was at times the best player in the world. This season they've been playing at a similar level overall

Griezmann edges it for me because he's more of a game-winner

That sets a nice tone for the discussion. And the 'conclusive' goal statistics aren't missing too, perfect. The attitude displayed in posts like this is the reason why Hazard-related discussions on this forum have become really, really annoying.

Isnt this just a matter of preference? Don't see why people are getting uptight and trying to justify their choice based on who won u21 player of the year bla bla bla. I 'prefer' Hazard. No real reason, but if someone were to say have one of the two right now at Man Utd.... I would take Hazard

Isnt this just a matter of preference? Don't see why people are getting uptight and trying to justify their choice based on who won u21 player of the year bla bla bla. I 'prefer' Hazard. No real reason, but if someone were to say have one of the two right now at Man Utd.... I would take Hazard

TBF, given how shite are our attacking options are, we'd need both

IMO, minus dribbling and speed, Griezmann is better than Hazard in almost every aspect of football. But dribbling and speed can make all the difference in many, many instances.

based on football ability it's hazard, he's just far superior dribbler which gives him the edge for me, Grizzy is perhaps better finisher, slightly better at linkup play.. Hazard would suit us better as we could do with a pacy dribbler, Griezmann will fit United DNA and can bring the goals as well. ...so I'd take Bale

Hazard is a better footballer while griezman a better scorer.

Surprised that people are actually voting for Hazard.

Griezmann is miles better. end of.

Griezmann is more consistent and will probably be more reliable over a season, though thats as of right now. Hazard at his best is undoubtedly a level or 2 above what Griezmann is capable of. He just doesnt bring that level out as often as be should.

Wow. I was expecting Hazard to lead easily - especially considering most of us watch EPL a lot more.
I would say Hazard is a miles better player and can make a difference on his own.

Congratulations to Griezmann for playing in a stronger team than Hazard. A team good enough to put him in a position to come 3rd in Ballon d'or voting. A team good enough to reach the finals of the Champions league without resorting to 90 minutes of archaic, defensive football. You really should watch how Mourinho set up his Chelsea to play in some of these big CL games, giving Hazard and the other attacking players no chance of being influential in the game. I'll like to see how Griezmann would have coped in similar conditions, having to play as a left back for 90 mins like Hazard did against PSG or being double and triple marked after being dragged out half fit from an injury like Hazard was against Atletico Madrid.

Weird. Atletico are quite clearly the most defensive elite team in European football and have been since Simeone joined. Either you haven't watched them much or your weird agenda against Mourinho and for Hazard has severely impaired your judgment in this instance.

It's to Griezmann's credit that he has not only excelled as the focal attacking point in such a destructive team, but that he's contributed a great deal defensively to it also. Something Hazard was unable to do (for any length of time)

I think Hazard's probably a better player but what you're saying is just untrue.

That sets a nice tone for the discussion. And the 'conclusive' goal statistics aren't missing too, perfect. The attitude displayed in posts like this is the reason why Hazard-related discussions on this forum have become really, really annoying.

You probably shouldn't bother reading them if something so irrelevant causes so much annoyance...

Hazard. NT level is not a decisive argument, since France is a consideranbly better team than Belgium. I would say Hazard is superior on the ball and that makes him more influential. Both can have bad games at bad moments.

It's close, but I would take Hazard.

The title of the thread asks 'who is the better player' and I think that in terms of pure footballing ability Hazard is better than Greizmann.

The title of the thread asks 'who is the better player' and I think that in terms of pure footballing ability Hazard is better than Greizmann.
Being a better player involves more than pure footballing ability, in my opinion.

Hazard is the better dribbler but Greizmann is ahead on all other accounts. Shooting, Passing, Crossing, Heading etc.

I'd take Greizmann.

You probably shouldn't bother reading them if something so irrelevant causes so much annoyance...
I'm generally interested in them, so I don't see why I shouldn't. Expecting certain minimum standards for discussions is another thing.