2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Simply pointing out the clear double standards. I don't have a problem with either because I've watched enough football to know there's no perfect defender.
Imagine rating an 18 years old and a 31 years old experienced international by different standards…

It’s almost as if one is expected to make mistakes before, hopefully, ironing most of them out and developing into a great center back… while the other one has been making these kind of mistakes literally throughout his entire career and there’s no indication that he’s going to magically improve his performance levels this late in his career.

Yeah, double standards. That are completely justified.

Say what you want about microwave Barry but at least he can stay fit, he's been available for the vast majority of games which is more than can be said for half of our team these days.
But what good is that when he's often the last guy you want to see in the team.

The goal was so clearly offside!

I'm not even a big fan but it shows a lot of United fans 'support' when a friendly game led to an offside goal & everyone is here crying when the referee's were worse in that Friendly than Maguire is!

He's fine. Wayyyyy better than Lindelof. He gets a lot of shit because he's slow and we paid 80Million for him.

If we'd payed 25 million he'd be a very good squad player. Definitely shouldn't be a starter if everybody is fit and he should be paid 50% of what he's on though.

Imagine rating an 18 years old and a 31 years old experienced international by different standards…

It’s almost as if one is expected to make mistakes before, hopefully, ironing most of them out and developing into a great center back… while the other one has been making these kind of mistakes literally throughout his entire career and there’s no indication that he’s going to magically improve his performance levels this late in his career.

Yeah, double standards. That are completely justified.
It's nothing to do with Yoro specifically. Missing the point completely.

But what good is that when he's often the last guy you want to see in the team.
He's better than an untested call up from the u23s, Fish for example, for experience alone. He's less than ideal for sure but with our clubs injury record he's far from the worst option.

I rate and respect Maguire (making a comeback in United team after getting a lot of stick etc). His contract runs out next summer and given we paid 80m, no way we let him leave on free? Can imagine club triggering that additional year option and then selling next summer for around 15-20 million to a PL club if possible? He'll be 32 so wouldn't be easy but you'd think he can be solid CB for midtable/lower table team for another 3 years or so.

I rate and respect Maguire (making a comeback in United team after getting a lot of stick etc). His contract runs out next summer and given we paid 80m, no way we let him leave on free? Can imagine club triggering that additional year option and then selling next summer for around 15-20 million to a PL club if possible? He'll be 32 so wouldn't be easy but you'd think he can be solid CB for midtable/lower table team for another 3 years or so.
Nobody is buying him for a fee, now or ever.

His wages are way too high for it to be worth triggering that extension. He'll run down his contract and do a decent job in a slower league like Serie A or for top 8 club. A few teams will take a punt on him on a free.

I have a question for all of you who constantly defend him, by saying he had a good last Season, please what metric did you use to come to the conclusion that he had a "Good season" @Big Ben Foster

I have a question for all of you who constantly defend him, by saying he had a good last Season, please what metric did you use to come to the conclusion that he had a "Good season" @Big Ben Foster

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/harry-maguire-2023-24-performances.478043/

I mean, he went from an internet meme who was completely ridiculed on a daily basis, to the general consensus on this forum and in the media (even social media where the memes stopped) that he’d turned it around and and been one of our most consistent players, in the face of an absolute shit show where we seemed to play the entire season without a midfield.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/harry-maguire-2023-24-performances.478043/

I mean, he went from an internet meme who was completely ridiculed on a daily basis, to the general consensus on this forum and in the media (even social media where the memes stopped) that he’d turned it around and and been one of our most consistent players, in the face of an absolute shit show where we seemed to play the entire season without a midfield.
Can this be explained with numbers because the eye test makes look crap.

People really try to convince themselves stupid arguments like ( he is better tha De Ligt). Add to that he has been more injured than De Ligt. Get rid now, he is not good enough.

Was 80m a good price in hindsight? No, obviously not.

However - I do think he turned things around last season, performed consistently 7/10 and didn't make anywhere near the amount of blunders he made the season before.

I'd keep him here over Lindelof any day of the week as you know what you're getting from Maguire and he doesn't seem unhappy with his game time.

We definitely were all guilty of writing him off (some more than others) before the start of last season and I'd hope most on here are happy enough to admit we were wrong to say he couldn't bounce back albeit not to the levels of his first season or the levels we wanted when we paid 80m for him.

Hopefully he continues to perform when called upon this season.

Can this be explained with numbers because the eye test makes look crap.

Im happy to provide you with a giftcard to specsavers, as the majority consensus is that Maguire turned it around last season. I can only conclude that you dont see what the rest sees.

Job done. A solid CB to have in the rotation. We need decent squad men to push for trophies.

I love him. The abuse he got made you want to vomit, and to still be here is a credit to him. And I cant remember his last bad performance for us. He always puts himself out in front every time he plays. No fear.

Decent game, as the end of last season was, but I feel that he will be moved on if De Ligt is signed.
For me he just gets caught a bit flat footed to often, slow on the turn, but I'm hopeful that his recent good displays will mean that several clubs may be interested.

Im happy to provide you with a giftcard to specsavers, as the majority consensus is that Maguire turned it around last season. I can only conclude that you dont see what the rest sees.

His one v one defending has always been his weakest. Today the team defended well as a unit, he wasn't exposed.

As a low block CB he's decent, if today's performance ment a bid comes in for him 8 won't shade a tear if he left.

You have to ask yourself, would you rather keep him as 4th choice or sell him for £20million odd and save the best part of £200k a week.

We won't replace him without bringing another CB in, and we aren't bringing another CB in, so he's staying. Having 4 good standard CBs is probably about right for us, with Evans as 5th. Lindelof offers nothing so should go.

Plays like his wearing lead boots, very slow with the ball.

Who is paying £20million for Him ?
Many PL clubs would pay 20 mil. But to make a bid we must tell him that we want him to go and he must lower his wage demand. Neither of those things will happen which is crazy really.

We have 3 defenders who are clearly in front of him plus Evans and Lindelof (who doesn't have offers so far).

Man Utd 1:0 Fulham New
Comfortably man of the match. Hopefully not injured.