2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Yep. Hopefully when Maguire/Evans leave next summer our next CB signing also has pace. It's a huge asset.

Arteta and Klopp both seem to heavily favour 2 quick CB's. Though funnily Pep has made do without at some points in his career.

But that clip is quite an extreme example of recovery pace. I'm not even greedy. I'd accept a centre back who is able to stop a 65 year old James Milner from getting a shot away. But we have fans on here who apparently don't think it's a big deal that our centre back can't stop James Milner, and are actively praising his performance.
In my opinion, Arsenal are the best defensive unit in the league by far. Even better than City. City just don't have to defend much because they can just control games by keeping possession. When they actually have to defend they aren't that great.

Maguire was good against Fulham last weekend. Today not so much. That first goal was all him. We were controlling the game until that point and then out of nothing they get a goal.

Yep. Hopefully when Maguire/Evans leave next summer our next CB signing also has pace. It's a huge asset.

Arteta and Klopp both seem to heavily favour 2 quick CB's. Though funnily Pep has made do without at some points in his career.

But that clip is quite an extreme example of recovery pace. I'm not even greedy. I'd accept a centre back who is able to stop a 65 year old James Milner from getting a shot away. But we have fans on here who apparently don't think it's a big deal that our centre back can't stop James Milner, and are actively praising his performance.
It is crazy reading through the posts the amount of fans who seem to think he has a good game. At the very most he did the basics right and that's all the praise he deserves. Slow footed, slow minded, can't organise, the guys a walking calamity.

Southampton 0:3 Man Utd New
It’s good to have a Maguire on the bench, decent 20 minutes today

Man Utd 1:1 FC Twente New
Always has a mistake in him. Yoro can't get fit quick enough.

Although he didn't commit any mistakes, he sticks out like a sore thumb with competent players around. Time and time again, he gives the ball away by launching long balls into nowhere.

He must lunge in at the half way line at least once a game and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him win the ball in that lunge

Christ, what’s with the long diagonal ball? He thinks he’s playing for Mourinho?

Doesn’t seem to understand our tactics and what he needs to be doing. Night and day between him and DeLigt.

He was playing quite well overall, then decided launch him into his usual Kamikaze style tackle when it is take the player or nothing and then that played a part in the goal we conceded.

Although he didn't commit any mistakes, he sticks out like a sore thumb with competent players around. Time and time again, he gives the ball away by launching long balls into nowhere.
His lunging tackle for the goal was a big mistake.

Standard Maguire step out and totally miss the ball, the guy just does not read the game well enough.

Sooner he's gone the better.

I just don't like him being in the team, even more so after watching how De Ligt plays. He's too slow and ponderous in possession and he's always got a mistake in him.

I find he slows us down so much when he starts, De Ligt moves the ball out so much quicker.

People where saying that him and De Ligt are on the same level.

After tonight I hope to never read nonsense like that. Man is clearly out of his depth in this side.

The fact that we finished 2nd with him and Lindelof as our main CB pair is testament to Ole's coaching.

That lunge for their goal was comical. The entire defensive setup was a mess. Martínez was way out of position, closer to where Eriksen would usually be, and backed out of a challenge because he was already on a yellow. Then Maguire charges in with a reckless lunge, leaving the defense exposed. Ugarte made a great tackle to win the ball, only for Eriksen to give it straight back. It felt like we were determined to gift them that goal.

Inside job from ETH because they were his local team?

Anyways, his strengths and weaknesses are well known at this point. He's just a decent enough squad player. Martinez is also looking like he'll end up the same. Our defensive setup has been a mess couple of times this season but Maguire's also compounded it by making his own mistakes.

I just can't stand what he brings to our team. In possession, he's 15 yards behind everyone else, takes more touches when he gets it and then more often than not stops the ball completely because his speed of thought appears correlated to his turning ability. He's the physical manifestation of slowing the game down.

And yesterday he lost loads of headers, and played a big role in conceding an equalizer out of nothing.

Sticks out like a sore thumb as the least proficient footballer on the pitch imo.

I just can't stand what he brings to our team. In possession, he's 15 yards behind everyone else, takes more touches when he gets it and then more often than not stops the ball completely because his speed of thought appears correlated to his turning ability. He's the physical manifestation of slowing the game down.

And yesterday he lost loads of headers, and played a big role in conceding an equalizer out of nothing.

Sticks out like a sore thumb as the least proficient footballer on the pitch imo.

And when he does win a header, which he often does, the header will go straight to an opponent. I dont even think he is great at heading, he is good at putting his head in the path of the ball and just letting the ball hit his head.

Maguire lunging in, missing the ball and taking himself out of the play was a classic Maguire moment.

He's absolutely rubbish and has been for years. Heard Joe Cole and Rio Ferdinand call him world class a few weeks back. Just don't get how he's still here, we're a calamity each time he plays. Don't get me wrong he's not the only problem but sick of seeing him jumping into tackles he's never going to win and his ultra-slow turns

He's absolutely rubbish and has been for years. Heard Joe Cole and Rio Ferdinand call him world class a few weeks back. Just don't get how he's still here, we're a calamity each time he plays. Don't get me wrong he's not the only problem but sick of seeing him jumping into tackles he's never going to win and his ultra-slow turns
We have tried to shift him, as much as ETH will speak nicely about him we obviously wanted him out for the WHUM fee but he wouldn’t leave money on the table. That’s the legacy of these stupid fat contracts and we’re still trudging though getting them out.

Should be first choice at the moment as he's our best CB. Likely will be under a new manager.

Him attacking headers etc with Yoro sweeping could be a balanced combo.

Very lucky he didn't make it 4-2 with his braindead decision to play offside. Settled after that and did his thing. Deserves a go in the team.

Our best CB this season and has to be playing. De Ligt and Martinez are a crap partnership.

He's looked good for about a year. Very well done with the goal Harry.

Currently better than both our starting CB’s. Great header at the end there and got us a point, however we dress that up.