2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He played really well, think his performances have been much better in general since the pressure of the captains armband has been removed.

MOTM for me, he’s a much better player than he gets credit for.

Our best CB last season and our best one tonight. Could he do it back to back..? :confused:

Excellent today. Very dominant and front-footed with his defending. Go as far to say MOTM performance.

Just check the Sky Sports match report and I’ve no idea how he got just a 6, with Martinez at 7. Very bizarre rating.

Ultimately, I think he’ll lose his starting place to de Ligt but he deserves to start against Brighton off of tonight’s performance.

Played very well. Last season he had games where he played well but still made a (small) error resulting in a chance for the opponent but none of that today.

He really is uniquely monstrous in the air. I know he did a lot more than that but it's lovely when you see a ball dropping in midfield then realise it's him against anyone.

Pretty dependable. Sometimes I forget he was our captain....

I was one of his harshest critics but he’s really come back from his disaster spell and is solid now. I’m no longer crying when I see his name on the starting list.

I’d probably rate him 10/10 today. Don’t think he made a single error, Martinez was completely out of sorts next to him and he was a one man barrier at times. Having 4 confident top class CBs will be great this season.

If De Ligt is way better (as I've been piled on for the mere suggestion he might not be) he'll be some player.

Credit is due for Harry, and to come back from all the comments just a few years ago. Rashford would just put out a social media post.

Really good today, very impressed. If he can keep it up like this De Ligt might have a battle on his hands, which is great for us. Considering the flack he's taken (at times deservedly, at times not) his redemption is fantastic and very happy for him. George Lucas couldn't have written it better. Arise, Darth Harry.

He really is uniquely monstrous in the air. I know he did a lot more than that but it's lovely when you see a ball dropping in midfield then realise it's him against anyone.
Exactly. He just bullies anyone who goes in to contest an aerial ball with him. Only player i remember giving him some trouble was Giroud a few years ago. Fullkrug just joined the league though. Looking forward to that one

Harry Mag is a great player, not playing alongside walking calamity nondefender Lindelof will help him heaps. finally a bit steady midfield too. He might be phased out from the starting 11 soon anyway but great player to have when confident.

Pre-season work doing him wonders. Like Casemiro he looked a lot leaner and more agile.

Going to get loads of starts this year with Europa League and gives us time to not overly rush De Ligt. He was by far MoM tonight and looks like he’s up for the challenge big time. Martinez, De Ligt, Yoro and Maguire is some 4.

Really, really good game. Contained Muniz well, won so many headers and stopped a 2 v 1 break. He'll know his position is under threat with De Ligt and Yoro so great to see him step up.

He was great tonight. Players upping their game due to competition in the starting line up can only be a good thing.

Took that yellow for diving personally, he was on a mission after that. Together with Maz and Case the standout player. Atleast it shows us that he shouldn't be sold for a low fee. There's a great deal to be had for a lower team next year.

Good game and I thought he was one of the few last season to not let himself down.

Seems quite injury prone now though. Always seems to have some sort of niggle.

Took that yellow for diving personally, he was on a mission after that. Together with Maz and Case the standout player. Atleast it shows us that he shouldn't be sold for a low fee. There's a great deal to be had for a lower team next year.

Yeah he shouldn't be sold by any means now.

He's shown he is okay with being backup, is a leader and significantly better than any player we could replace for a squad role based on what he would be sold for.

Players picking up needless yellows is so annoying, it prevents them being able to make a tactical foul when we need them to later in the game.

Other than that, good. The 2v1 they had vs Maguire that they messed up was a highlight of the game :lol:

Pre-season work doing him wonders. Like Casemiro he looked a lot leaner and more agile.
He's definitely been working on his craft since losing the armband and the automatic start. Not being in the national squad and working with the team certainly seems to have done him well.

On ability and for his defensive performances he definitely has a place in the squad over Lindelof (who should be sold for any money as he's a reducing asset and terrible player)/Evans. However, if we get £30m for him now and that means we can get Branthwaite or the like before the end of the window, I would find that hard to turn down, even if it means we will have a less 'stable' team this year to bed all the new players in etc.

I've always liked his mentality but for the sake of the future, we need to be ruthless if an opportunity presents itself.

On ability and for his defensive performances he definitely has a place in the squad over Lindelof (who should be sold for any money as he's a reducing asset and terrible player)/Evans. However, if we get £30m for him now and that means we can get Branthwaite or the like before the end of the window, I would find that hard to turn down, even if it means we will have a less 'stable' team this year to bed all the new players in etc.

I've always liked his mentality but for the sake of the future, we need to be ruthless if an opportunity presents itself.
Paying £70m for Braithwaite is ludicrous. If it means we have to only pay that much to get him then I hope he never plays for us. We have signed two CBs. No point in getting a 3rd young CB. We need reinforcements in midfield and LB. That’s our priority. This obsession that some fans have with Braithwaite needs to stop.