2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
One of his biggest critic even i can admit the fact he had a good game, long may it continue.

So happy for the guy, bizarrely disrespected by England & United fans alike, to get through that meme phase (aka cyber bullying) & come out this strong show what a character he is.
Behave. Cyber bullying? Jesus.

“Bizarrely disrespected”? He was rightfully criticised for being a defensive liability, for absolutely killing any chance of momentum from the back and his and his family’s appalling combative attitude.

Credit where credit is due, he shut up and put up over the last 12 months. Kept his head down, worked hard and cleaned up the elements of his game where he got sloppy and looks a lot more like the player he was in the first season for us. It’s a good thing we didn’t end up selling him last season, and admittedly I wanted him out of the door but glad he proved me wrong and was a big asset for the team and hopefully can play a part in this season too. On a starter level we need better, and hopefully De Ligt and Yoro will offer that, but he definitely has a place as a rotation squad member.

If that was Van Dijk intercepting that 2v1 then we'd never hear the last of it from pundits and fans on social media.

Motm for me too.

He’s the most improved player in the league in the last 12 months. He’s showing again why we put big money into him. It’s a pity how things turned out for him but the club was a mess and he couldn’t have been playing much worse. He was never an 80 million quid player but he would have been a totally brilliant signing for any team from Hull. I’m happy to see him play out the final seasons here with some respect on his name and hopefully he’ll keep his England place a while yet. He was never as bad as he was being made out to be but he’d clearly lost all confidence.

Had an absolutely colossal game, probably his best I can remember in a long time. Still took way too long to release a pass on occasions but defensively he was a rock. Swept up everything that came at him. I'd have given the PoTM to Mazraoui but Maguire is a very very close 2nd.

The whole backline had good games apart from Martinez who was terrible.

He was fantastic, i don't know whether it was intentional or by luck, he saved us when he dealt with 2v1. Very good aggressive defending to carry the team forward at times.

Excellent performance. Couple misplaced passes but read the game really well.

He can be proud of how much criticism he got from United fans (I hated him after the 5-0 Liverpool drubbing), rivals, media and yet the past couple of seasons, he has shown such great maturity and attitude, its great to see. I hope he wins something big at the club before he leaves.

Deserves all plaudits but won't get a lot from the media or the rivals who don't watch him week in and week out.

Great to have Martinez, DeLigt, Yoro And Maguire at the club.

Brilliant performance all round. He will have a big role to play this year. He stays fit so will be given lots of games given our injury record. And I struggle to think of a player you would rather have to bring on when you are trying to see out a one goal lead in the final minutes of a game.

Him or Casemiro were my Motm. His physical dominance will be useful in games.

Very underrated on here. He had a bad spell when he was captain, and that was a bad move and a bad time for him on and off the pitch, but he has been faultless this calendar year.

The omission from the England squad and us buying two CBs spured him on i believe, which is good.

Good defensive performance, a bit useless on the ball and passes it into nowhere when he has time to make better choices.

Didnt know that, i stand corrected then.

Good thing he was available for pre season. I expect him to get an England call up with the current form. He should also be a starter currently for us.
He played decent enough last night. De ligt will take his place shortly, once he's fully up to speed.

As other have stated, he had a great game. I'd have no issue with him staying if he was this solid in every game... But I'm afraid of what might happen when we face more technical opposition

Behave. Cyber bullying? Jesus.

He was turned into the biggest internet meme in football, every single small mistake, of which every CB makes was turned into a Benny Hill video and taken the piss of, I’ve never seen anything like it before or since.
If that isn’t bullying, I’m not quite sure what is.

Evra, Young and plenty of others have spoken about it, it was disgusting. Here’s Evra…

“I’m so pleased with Maguire’s upturn in form because at one point, he started to get bullied. It wasn’t fair.

“Even when he was playing a good game for Man United, people would say he had a bad game and when he wasn’t playing, if we conceded a goal it was because Maguire was in the stands smiling. Like, come on”

He was turned into the biggest internet meme in football, every single small mistake, of which every CB makes was turned into a Benny Hill video and taken the piss of, I’ve never seen anything like it before or since.
If that isn’t bullying, I’m not quite sure what is.

Evra, Young and plenty of others have spoken about it, it was disgusting. Here’s Evra…

“I’m so pleased with Maguire’s upturn in form because at one point, he started to get bullied. It wasn’t fair.

“Even when he was playing a good game for Man United, people would say he had a bad game and when he wasn’t playing, if we conceded a goal it was because Maguire was in the stands smiling. Like, come on”
Agree. So many of our own fans revelled in the memes and rushed to post them on here. Now they struggle to admit they were wrong about him.

Brilliant tonight, won everything. Hopefully he’s up for the challenge and really wants to fight for his place.

Very good for most of the match, although he suddenly seemed to lose composure on the ball in his final 10 minutes on the pitch and started giving it back to Fulham way too easily. Other than that though he was arguably our MoM.
Probably tiring, he’s been injured

Very good performance. That bit where he carried the ball into Fulham's half on the right sideline shows his confidence right now.
All that being said, couple of things.

1) He's so dominant in the air, I never expect him to lose a header. Just wish he was more composed with where he heads the ball to. Most of his headers either goes out of play or right back to the opposition. If he can learn to head it to our players, it could be a real momentum builder.

2) He still spends too much time on the ball for me. And because he's slow, it often allows the opposition to reset istead of uncomfortably hurrying across to the other side of the field. He needs to be more decisive.
I think our CBs generally spend too much time on the ball. For someone like Licha, it's not a problem because he has the switch of play as well as passing through the lines in his locker. Maguire only really has the switch of play, so if that's not there, move it on quickly.

His physicality and aerial ability is really vital to have in a team. Dude looks bigger than Haaland when standing side by side, he's a unit.

Good game yesterday, solid squad player to have. I have my doubts of him an MDL partnership, but lets hope it doesnt come to that.

Was outstanding, motm for me

If the team presses well and forces long balls then Maguire will always look good since he'll just eat up everything in the air. But then you had moments like that 2v1 interception that are genuine pieces of top class defending on the ground too. He was outstanding.

Your not likely to get a better 4th choice CB than Maguire.

Very good for most of the match, although he suddenly seemed to lose composure on the ball in his final 10 minutes on the pitch and started giving it back to Fulham way too easily. Other than that though he was arguably our MoM.

Yeah that did my blood pressure no good at all. Likewise the stupid foul early on when he had his hands all over their player, for no reason. It was a very good performance overall though.

When he was bad, he was really bad and was rightly criticised, but yesterday he was immense and should be rightly lauded for this equally.

Having genuine competition for places is so healthy for a top club. Maguire looked a top class CB yesterday.

He was quality last night. Probably my MOTM. When he’s like this he’s quite a dominant centre back. Eats absolutely everything in the air.

I’d love to keep him because he is very useful in both boxes aerially. Whether he wants to stay for that reason though I’m not sure

Also he does get bullied online because all anyone is talking about today is his dive!

Amazing what a solid backline, a DM on his game and some healthy competition can do to a good player. Harry was pretty much Harry for England tonight. Great game Harry lad.

Hopefully his performance will attract some PL clubs to put in a concrete offer with two more weeks until the transfer deadline. We are not at the stage where we ca afford to keep Maguire as 4th / 5th choice CB, considering his age and contract situation.

He was quality last night. Probably my MOTM. When he’s like this he’s quite a dominant centre back. Eats absolutely everything in the air.

I’d love to keep him because he is very useful in both boxes aerially. Whether he wants to stay for that reason though I’m not sure
Yeah with Maguire, MDL, Martinez and Yoro, we have some excellent options at CB. I think MDL and Maguire both also have experience playing at LCB.

Thought he played really well. Prevented us from conceding when he stopped their counter attack. Read it really well

So happy for the guy, bizarrely disrespected by England & United fans alike, to get through that meme phase (aka cyber bullying) & come out this strong show what a character he is.
Say what you wanna about Maguire, but he does have a wonderful mentality IMO. It was evident last season how he performed having come back from that torrid time the season before.