Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

I'm pretty much open to the possibility partey did something really bad and I would prefer if arsenal sold him. But every time someone tries to be clever with this comparison, I always ask for the audio and pictures of what partey did so I can be 100% convinced. So far no one has provided this info. Maybe it will be you...

The images are out there. I'm not going to go and hunt and look for them, but I've seen them and so will many have seen him admit to it over Snapchat.

Arsenal fans trying to take the high horse with the whole Greenwood situation is crazy.

A day earlier, Greenwood told the French newspaper La Provence: “I am aware of all this, of course, (the mayor’s comments) but I do not want to enter into any controversy, I already expressed my feelings last year (in a press release from August 2023). Today, all of this is now behind us.”
Yeah, that about sums it up for all those on here going on about second chances, redemption, all the rest of it...he has never once taken responsibility for what he did, only that it got out in the first place.

Maybe he has privately? Would that be acceptable to you?
Well, no, because we'd never know if he has or not as he'd have done it privately. What you're essentially asking is: 'would something you can't possibly know took place be acceptable to you?'

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/56...le-divided-mason-greenwood-manchester-united/

Wow, things in Marseille are rather interesting.

Benoit Payan, the mayor of Marseille, said he wanted to block the transfer and that it would cover the city in “shame”.

To them, it seems at odds with the decision from club president Pablo Longoria to open their training ground to female domestic abuse victims during the Covid-19 pandemic.

“The president spoke about morality after stadium violence, he’s spoken out against illegally streaming football — but there’s no morality for a footballer, just because he’s good. It’s embarrassing and, as a fan, you can’t do anything,” Aryles, of Marseille multimedia outlet Massilia Zone, said.

A day earlier, Greenwood told the French newspaper La Provence: “I am aware of all this, of course, (the mayor’s comments) but I do not want to enter into any controversy, I already expressed my feelings last year (in a press release from August 2023). Today, all of this is now behind us.”

Seems like the manager, De Zerbi, is the biggest reason he went there.

Good football performances and the mayor will be wearing a Greenwood shirt…

I'm pretty much open to the possibility partey did something really bad and I would prefer if arsenal sold him. But every time someone tries to be clever with this comparison, I always ask for the audio and pictures of what partey did so I can be 100% convinced. So far no one has provided this info. Maybe it will be you...
Everything is out there in the public domain. Of course there's not exactly the same evidence for both cases, but that's not the gotcha you think it is. I'm glad Greenwood is off the Utd books as it was genuinely embarrassing, and Arsenal fans trying to take any sort of moral high ground when Partey is still an Arsenal player (and how much the whole thing has been swept under the carpet, aided by the media's moral selectiveness) is really strange. Or just be a little bit lucid about it, drop any kind of tribalism, and admit it's fecking embarrassing too.

Maybe he has. But that doesn't change why people like that Mayor are right to question it now, does it?

You shouldn't have added in that edit, it shows you up and I won't be drawn to your usual low level of discussion.
"Usual low level of discussion," and here I thought we were having a genial exchange.

Well, no, because we'd never know if he has or not as he'd have done it privately. What you're essentially asking is: 'would something you can't possibly know took place be acceptable to you?'
I'm assuming he has because of what's happened since then. And I'm also fascinated by why some seem to need the public apology as if he did something against them personally.

"Usual low level of discussion," and here I thought we were having a genial exchange.
Although I might have got you mixed up with that other Yorke poster, apologies there, your views align with his.

But that edited in line, read it again and tell me how "genial" it is.

I'm assuming he has because of what's happened since then. And I'm also fascinated by why some seem to need the public apology as if he did something against them personally.
Public apology? Who is saying they "need" that?

You either try to understand people's points, or you don't. But resorting to childish levels of strawman is just going to take us back to the other thread.

Ducker saying there's a buy back clause in the deal.
Thats interesting. Perhaps the higher ups view that there is a possibility of him one day returning otherwise why have that in there?

Although I might have got you mixed up with that other Yorke poster, apologies there, your views align with his.

But that edited in line, read it again and tell me how "genial" it is.
I don't understand your objection to me adding what Greenwood said. I had added that to show what he is aware of.
Public apology? Who is saying they "need" that?
That's why I said "seem," because I am not sure what is going on.
You either try to understand people's points, or you don't.
In what kind of way are you looking for Greenwood to take "responsibility?"

I don't understand your objection to me adding what Greenwood said. I had added that to show what he is aware of.

That's not the part you edited in your post. I'm talking about the first reply to me.

That's why I said "seem," because I am not sure what is going on.

Yeah, so you are making things up rather than sticking to what we know.

Tell me, if you really think about it, does that make what you are saying better or worse to you? Maybe you should take a pause and really think about what you are saying, because the below:

In what kind of way are you looking for Greenwood to take "responsibility?"
makes absolutely no sense.

Why would I be looking for him to do so? In fact, I have many posts in the Greenwood thread and was one, if not the first, to tell people that he will never come out and admit it, do any kind of interview and it's perhaps for the best we never do find out the truth. You are yapping up the wrong tree with me on that front. But as I said, I did also confuse you with a similar poster so that happens.

So let's try again. Why it matters that football fans, that mayor, anyone else are absolutely right and fair to air their disgust with him being at their club is based on what they know and have seen. Because your assertion that he "may" have privately apologised has absolutely nothing to do with them nor does it stack up with the actual real things we know. Privately apologising and taking accountability is all well and good, and I really hope he has as that's the first step to growing and making sure there's never a repeat, but that is for them and them only. He can't and won't ever come out and say it, so people actually talking about second chances and redemptions and why he should play for us, them or anyone are just using their own personal biases to convince themselves that's the right thing. Hence my response to his quote, he has only ever publicly taken responsibility for "making mistakes" that led to the evidence being released, everything else is just noise.

The images are out there. I'm not going to go and hunt and look for them, but I've seen them and so will many have seen him admit to it over Snapchat.

Arsenal fans trying to take the high horse with the whole Greenwood situation is crazy.
I'm not trying to take any kind of horse. I rarely check social media and greenwood stuff was so all over it that even I saw it. I didn't see anything about partey (pics or audios). If anyone cares to send me links I'll check it out.

I'm not trying to take any kind of horse. I rarely check social media and greenwood stuff was so all over it that even I saw it. I didn't see anything about partey (pics or audios). If anyone cares to send me links I'll check it out.
Just bare in mind that the super-injunction hit before anything else major did, so you could argue Arsenal got away with it on that front.

I agree that comparing people like this and arguing about it isn't brilliant though.

Everything is out there in the public domain. Of course there's not exactly the same evidence for both cases, but that's not the gotcha you think it is. I'm glad Greenwood is off the Utd books as it was genuinely embarrassing, and Arsenal fans trying to take any sort of moral high ground when Partey is still an Arsenal player (and how much the whole thing has been swept under the carpet, aided by the media's moral selectiveness) is really strange. Or just be a little bit lucid about it, drop any kind of tribalism, and admit it's fecking embarrassing too.
Again, not a gotcha or any kind of moral high ground. I even said I would prefer for him to go and said last season when he returned from injury I would rather he didn't play.

But I simply haven't seen what everyone is saying is out there and easy to find and I find it odd the greenwood stuff made it to my eyes without me looking for it and the party stuff didn't.

Just bare in mind that the super-injunction hit before anything else major did, so you could argue Arsenal got away with it on that front.

I agree that comparing people like this and arguing about it isn't brilliant though.
I get that on the part of the media and the club, but surely random people on social media would be sharing it non stop.

Anyway, it seems people see I support arsenal and I'm therefore trying to defend him. Not the case at all, I love Bergkamp but if his wife had shared what greenwood's wife shared I would wish him all the worst. My club has zero relevance to how I see these things.

Yeah, that about sums it up for all those on here going on about second chances, redemption, all the rest of it...he has never once taken responsibility for what he did, only that it got out in the first place.
That's not the part you edited in your post. I'm talking about the first reply to me.
Are you talking about the edit I made to your quoted reply?

I get that on the part of the media and the club, but surely random people on social media would be sharing it non stop.

Anyway, it seems people see I support arsenal and I'm therefore trying to defend him. Not the case at all, I love Bergkamp but if his wife had shared what greenwood's wife shared I would wish him all the worst. My club has zero relevance to how I see these things.
Absolutely, and I'm not jumping on you mate, just bringing up the super-injunction as a reason for a much bigger lid on it. Which also does affect social media distribution and all that too.

But then, I haven't seen those images either. I (extremely unfortunately :lol:) have a large amount of gooners in my friend/family pool though all with mixed opinions, but all seem to think there's fire there. My brother-in-law refuses to go until he's out, for example. But it's definitely much less prevalent and I personally won't be using it as a stick to beat Arsenal fans with, much like the only United fans I have words with about the Greenwood scenario are those actually making excuses for him (or being sly about).

Maybe he has privately? Would that be acceptable to you?
This mate.

I was replying to your post in a normal way, then saw you added this in as I was typing which completely changes the tone and where you were going with it. Absolutely no need, and extremely strawman.

Anyway, we can move past that, hopefully my last post clarified why you have taken this down a path that isn't even there.

So let's try again. Why it matters that football fans, that mayor, anyone else are absolutely right and fair to air their disgust with him being at their club is based on what they know and have seen. Because your assertion that he "may" have privately apologised has absolutely nothing to do with them nor does it stack up with the actual real things we know. Privately apologising and taking accountability is all well and good, and I really hope he has as that's the first step to growing and making sure there's never a repeat, but that is for them and them only. He can't and won't ever come out and say it, so people actually talking about second chances and redemptions and why he should play for us, them or anyone are just using their own personal biases to convince themselves that's the right thing. Hence my response to his quote, he has only ever publicly taken responsibility for "making mistakes" that led to the evidence being released, everything else is just noise.
Charges have been dropped he's had baby with the girl since then.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...son-Greenwoods-partner-gives-birth-child.html

This would lead to believe he's doing right by her. I don't think that's a big leap to make. What others make of these developments is their prerogative.

This mate.

I was replying to your post in a normal way, then saw you added this in as I was typing which completely changes the tone and where you were going with it. Absolutely no need, and extremely strawman.

Anyway, we can move past that, hopefully my last post clarified why you have taken this down a path that isn't even there.
Oh I see. I had felt a certain tone to your reply and had wanted to know in what sense are you relating to this saga. I've seen a fair number of opinions and I don't feel I'm making up a straw man.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...son-Greenwoods-partner-gives-birth-child.html

This would lead to believe he's doing right by her. I don't think that's a big leap to make. What others make of these developments is their prerogative.
Yep, you are once against going back to square one as expected. I'm sure the mods won't appreciate it being done in this thread, that point has been answered over and over in the Greenwood thread.

Oh I see. I had felt a certain tone to your reply and had wanted to know in what sense are you relating to this saga. I've seen a fair number of opinions and I don't feel I'm making up a straw man.
So you don't think it's strawman to ask me a question on a point I never made?

As I said, had you left that unnecessary attempt out, this would have gone differently. You made up a "tone" then responded to that tone. Do you think that's genial discussion?

Yep, you are once against going back to square one as expected. I'm sure the mods won't appreciate it being done in this thread, that point has been answered over and over in the Greenwood thread.
Any chat about how he should be still playing for United will be deleted and repeat offenders given warnings/thread-ban.
- Keep it civil, violators will be warned and thread-banned

I don't think I've violated these rules.
So you don't think it's strawman to ask me a question on a point I never made?

As I said, had you left that unnecessary attempt out, this would have gone differently. You made up a "tone" then responded to that tone. Do you think that's genial discussion?
You've cleared up your point of view to me, that's all I was looking for. And yes, I probably misused "genial," It overstated things.

Any chat about how he should be still playing for United will be deleted and repeat offenders given warnings/thread-ban.
- Keep it civil, violators will be warned and thread-banned

I don't think I've violated these rules.
I meant we are both in danger of pissing them off, not that you yourself were :lol:

If I answered that post, it would just turn in the Greenwood thread. Nobody wants/needs that pain again.

You've cleared up your point of view to me, that's all I was looking for. And yes, I probably misused "genial," It overstated things.
I don't think you do understand my point of view, but we shall leave it there. No point in falling out over this now he's gone mate, all the best.

Obviously we don't know what the reality is, but we can only hope that the couple are living the happy family life they portray online - the child is now 1 year old

This apparently is the details of the deal

20% to Getafe is crazy but amounts to £5/6m so not much in the grand scheme of things - club obviously hoping he gets a bigger move so we can cash in properly

Last edited:
This apparently is the details of the deal

20% to Getafe is crazy but amounts to £5/6m so not much in the grand scheme of things - club obviously hoping he gets a bigger move so we can cash in properly
So Getafe do get 20% afterall....thanks a lot John Murtough. I am so glad that guy is nowhere near this club anymore after years of incompentence.

Everyone dunking on Murtough now, but I’m pretty sure it was a hard task to find a club to “rehabilitate” him at the time. That clause is likely partially one of the reasons Getafe was willing to take the lumps that came with it. It is what it is.

He's gone and it's the only possible conclusion to the saga, always was.

I couldn't give a flying feck about the fees or anything "behind the transfer". As long as we move on, and that family have a happy life, nothing else really matters now.

One of the girls, yes one of, broke an NDA and opened herself up to legal action to post details, pictures, text exchanges etc on twitter. The same girl later made a lot of suicidal posts. Her twitter account no longer exists.

In fact, the police had to tweet the following:

guy got off on a technicality

So Getafe do get 20% afterall....thanks a lot John Murtough. I am so glad that guy is nowhere near this club anymore after years of incompentence.

Well the club fecked up last year and left everything far too late so had to accept anything to get Greenwood a loan before the window closed

The lowish fee to Marseille solves the Getafe problem for a relatively small amount, they obviously won't have any part of any future deal

Well the club fecked up last year and left everything far too late so had to accept anything to get Greenwood a loan before the window closed

The lowish fee to Marseille solves the Getafe problem for a relatively small amount, they obviously won't have any part of any future deal
This. At the eleventh hour it was a matter of getting him to play somewhere, anywhere, to have any chance of salvaging asset value. The carrot worked and he played regularly. I'd argue it's the most inspired thing Murtough ever did, not the opposite.