Golf 2024

Watched a bit of this yesterday, why are Sky showing every Tiger Woods shot and ignoring 96% of the other players?

Got £5 each way on Rose at 150/1

Come on baby.

Lowry has that same Portrush aura though, unfortunately.

Just got back from my Monterey golf trip and my goodness what and amazing experience. We were somehow able to get on Pebble, Spyglass, and Spanish Bay all in a 4 day window and just wow. Truly a once in a lifetime (at least for me) trip and one I will never forget. As to the courses:

1. Pebble: Some truly spectacular holes. I was nervous as hell on the first tee as there were about 75 people just hanging out watching everyone tee off (especially since our playing partner was a sports celebrity). The highlights were, of course, 6, 7, and 18 but there were a few other holes that were really fun.

2. Spanish Bay: Loved this course. There was not really an "iconic" hole, but they were all so unique and challenging and the views were stunning.

3. Spyglass: Holy shit what a difficult course. I heard it referred to as a "shotmakers course" course and that is a great description. This was the one course we did not have a caddy on and it was probably the one it was most needed.

All in all we played about 150 holes in 5 days (the rest were at the home course we were staying at) and by the end my arms could barely swing a club :lol:, but still an unforgettable experience.

A bit late to the party but that's amazing! Definitely a bucket list trip for me. Thanks for sharing!

Some crazy scorecards posted today.

JT with a 45 on the front 9 but then poor Aguri Iwasaki from Japan started the day at +3 and ended his Open at +23. Dude shot a 39 on the front 9 and then a 52 on the back!

The 366 yard hole was playing 100 yards longer due to the wind, direct quote from the BBC website that mental conditions Rose and Lowry played a blinder
I remember mid round one of the commentators talking about how baffled he was at how high most of the players were playing their irons today & how Lowry was doing the exact opposite (as one should) and seeing the results of it.

I remember mid round one of the commentators talking about how baffled he was at how high most of the players were playing their irons today & how Lowry was doing the exact opposite (as one should) and seeing the results of it.

Yeah ridiculous stuff from professionals, I can't remember who it was but I was watching on a par 3 dude hit it a mile in the air missed the green too

They could do with offering a few young fellas £100 to spend the afternoon sat in front of those cameras with a teatowel.

Why is Billy Horschel a West Ham United fan? So random

Never seen that before.

A West Ham fan?

To be fair, they’re usually hitting very different things with golf clubs.
In an interview back at The 149th Open Championship in 2021, Horschel explained that: "During my sophomore year of college I moved into a new apartment and the cable wasn't going to be hooked up for a couple of days so we went to Best Buy and bought a couple of DVDs, one of those DVDs was Green Street. I loved the movie, I loved Charlie Hunnam as an actor and obviously the film is about the firms at Millwall and West Ham, from there I started following them. Since about 10-12 year ago I've been paying really close attention to them since NBC Sports starting showing Premier League games. I'm always watching their matches and any Premier Leagues actually, but I follow them [West Ham] very closely and I'm aware of how they're doing, the transfer window and just a die hard supporter like I am for my Florida Gators."

In an interview back at The 149th Open Championship in 2021, Horschel explained that: "During my sophomore year of college I moved into a new apartment and the cable wasn't going to be hooked up for a couple of days so we went to Best Buy and bought a couple of DVDs, one of those DVDs was Green Street. I loved the movie, I loved Charlie Hunnam as an actor and obviously the film is about the firms at Millwall and West Ham, from there I started following them. Since about 10-12 year ago I've been paying really close attention to them since NBC Sports starting showing Premier League games. I'm always watching their matches and any Premier Leagues actually, but I follow them [West Ham] very closely and I'm aware of how they're doing, the transfer window and just a die hard supporter like I am for my Florida Gators."

Is that the movie with Frodo in it?

I can’t think of a more embarrassing reason to admit to supporting a team.

Lowry can't wait for the round to be over

he might be a few back by then if he keeps playing like this

I wasn't clear. I've never seen a pro play from the middle of the fairway to a certain yardage for their third shot on a par 4 less than 470 yards.

Hammers thing is quite rare too.

I fancy Schauffele to win if he can play like he did today on the final round

looked so comfortable in the dodgy conditions there

Is Horschel’s short game always as good as it’s been today?

Is Horschel’s short game always as good as it’s been today?

And just after I say it, having been a wizard with a wedge all day - he takes out the putter and fluffs it.

7.35am
Darren Fichardt, Andy Ogletree

7.45am
Luis Masaveu (a), Younghan Song

7.55am
Darren Clarke, Tom McKibbin

8.05am
Ryan Fox, Hideki Matsuyama

8.15am
Aaron Rai, Rickie Fowler

8.25am
Tommy Morrison (a), Corey Conners

8.35am
Brooks Koepka, Marcel Siem

8.45am
Jeunghun Wang, Matthieu Pavon

9.00am
Thorbjorn Olesen, Jorge Campillo

9.10am
Matthew Fitzpatrick, Richard Mansell

9.20am
Rasmus Højgaard, Kurt Kitayama

9.30am
Nicolai Højgaard, Jordan Spieth

9.40am
Jacob Skov Olesen (a), Alex Cejka

9.50am
Phil Mickelson, Robert MacIntyre

10.00am
Harris English, Guido Migliozzi

10.10am
Joaquin Niemann, Mackenzie Hughes

10.25am
Tom Hoge, Adrian Meronk

10.35am
Austin Eckroat, Brian Harman

10.45am
Davis Thompson, Si Woo Kim

10.55am
Matt Wallace, Abraham Ancer

11.05am
Max Homa, Jason Day

11.15am
Sepp Straka, Eric Cole

11.25am
Emiliano Grillo, Cameron Young

11.35am
Joe Dean, Ewen Ferguson

11.50am
Dean Burmester, Patrick Cantlay

12.00pm
Gary Woodland, MK Kim

12.10pm
Padraig Harrington, Brendon Todd

12.20pm
Calum Scott (a), Matteo Manassero

12.30pm
Dustin Johnson, Collin Morikawa

12.40pm
Jon Rahm, Alex Noren

12.50pm
Laurie Canter, Chris Kirk

1.00pm
Sean Crocker, John Catlin

1.15pm
Daniel Hillier, Shubhankar Sharma

1.25pm
Byeong Hun An, Sungjae Im

1.35pm
Matthew Jordan, Justin Thomas

1.45pm
Adam Scott, Shane Lowry

1.55pm
Scottie Scheffler, Daniel Brown

2.05pm
Justin Rose, Xander Schaufele

2.15pm
Russell Henley, Sam Burns

2.25pm
Thriston Lawrence, Billy Horschel

As of Saturday afternoon, the forecast for Sunday looks relatively mild, according to Weather.com.

The high will be 62 degrees, which has been the typical temperature for The Open this week. The winds will be between 10 and 20 mph. That is a calm day in this area of Scotland. The wind is expected to be out of the southwest — a different direction than what the leaders dealt with on Saturday, when the wind was coming out of the northwest.

There is a possibility of showers, although it doesn't appear like the rain will be anything like Saturday. There is currently a 24% chance of precipitation over Royal Troon during the day. The rain is expected to roll in during the evening when there is an 88% chance.

This has Schauffele or Scheffler all over it

When was the last time Americans won all 4 majors the same year?

12 players within 4 shots.

Wind blowing ….throw the ball in the air, see where it lands.

Will be fun to watch.

this is setup perfect for the back 9 now

Scottie looks out of it so really liking the look of Schauffele now but I hope Rose can do it

and whoever is screaming Huak Tua after the tee shot at the postage stamp should be removed from the course

It’s going to be this Lawrence guy who wins it isn’t it? Always seems to be the least likely who comes through in these close leaderboards.