Golf 2024

You can tell he doesn’t want to be there. He took the bag but would rather be on the pga tour
Yep. The money might have been green on that side, but it doesn’t seem like the grass is.

Probably because they overplayed the both tours will merge soon or that LIV will get OWGR soon cards. Thought he can have the cake and eat it.

Does it discredit SS achievements at all? Those handful of guys not being there

Nope.

Neither Rahm not Hatton are at same level in 2024 as they were last season. I don't think any of the others (incl Bryson & Joaquin) would have seriously challenged Scottie in this form.
Bryson that's finished 1st and 2nd in 2 of the 3 majors? That bryson?

Bryson that's finished 1st and 2nd in 2 of the 3 majors? That bryson?

Yeah, him.

He wasn't that stellar outside of those two majors, even in LIV events. One top 3 finish early in season and outside Top 5 in all others. His Majors form is an exception to his LIV form.

Just hasn't done enough to question or compete with Scottie's consistent domination of Tour.

Yeah, him.

He wasn't that stellar outside of those two majors, even in LIV events. One top 3 finish early in season and outside Top 5 in all others. His Majors form is an exception to his LIV form.

Just hasn't done enough to question or compete with Scottie's consistent domination of Tour.

Also he has 9 PGA tour wins and 13 total, I mean Scheffler has 6 alone this year and 12 in total and is younger than Bryson its not a reach to say Bryson wouldn't get that near to him week in week out on tour, his statistics are far beyond anything we've seen since Tiger and for anyone to get close they would have to do the same most weeks

Bhatia loses after missing a short putt. What's with missed playoff chances and short putts nowadays!

It’s also crazy how good a product Sunday at PGA tour has become, almost every Sunday when all other sport is finished I just know that there will a close PGA finish coming up

Rose qualified today, seems a bit nuts he had to go through that but I'm not up to date on the rankings.

Rose qualified today, seems a bit nuts he had to go through that but I'm not up to date on the rankings.
His 10 year exemption from winning at Merion in 2013 ended last year. Must have been rather down on the rankings to have to Monday (& Tuesday) qualify.

The kids coming out of the college system in the US are ridiculous, they're just completely ready to compete on the tour. Feels like the average age of a tour player is going to drop even further in the next decade.

After last years snub, it's surprising to see Keegan Bradley captain US Ryder Cup team.

Assuming we are making the selection today:

Scheffler
Schauffele
Clark
Morikawa
Cantlay
Harman
....... For Captain's picks

(Bryson) - At this point it's hard to ignore him, given the drubbing US suffered last year.
Homa
Theegala
Finau
Bhatia
Thomas

If Bradley makes the auto select criteria himself, then will drop Finau.

Can't understand that ruling that went bobs way on 16 there this evening

What happened?
He took a "practice swing" in the rough and took a chunk of grass. Under said grass was a sprinkler so he got a drop. Ended up getting an Eagle.

The practice swing was full force to take the chunk of grass he did. It looked like he just missed the ball to me.

Should be able to find it on twitter I'd imagine

Open week. Bit of FOMO this week. First time since 2018 that I’m not there.

What’ll the story be? Scottie rounds off an incredible year with his 2nd major of 24? Rory redemption. Was going to add Bryson follows up Pinehurst but he’s +5 through 6.

A new winner?

Best weeks viewing of the year.

Just got back from my Monterey golf trip and my goodness what and amazing experience. We were somehow able to get on Pebble, Spyglass, and Spanish Bay all in a 4 day window and just wow. Truly a once in a lifetime (at least for me) trip and one I will never forget. As to the courses:

1. Pebble: Some truly spectacular holes. I was nervous as hell on the first tee as there were about 75 people just hanging out watching everyone tee off (especially since our playing partner was a sports celebrity). The highlights were, of course, 6, 7, and 18 but there were a few other holes that were really fun.

2. Spanish Bay: Loved this course. There was not really an "iconic" hole, but they were all so unique and challenging and the views were stunning.

3. Spyglass: Holy shit what a difficult course. I heard it referred to as a "shotmakers course" course and that is a great description. This was the one course we did not have a caddy on and it was probably the one it was most needed.

All in all we played about 150 holes in 5 days (the rest were at the home course we were staying at) and by the end my arms could barely swing a club :lol:, but still an unforgettable experience.

Just got back from my Monterey golf trip and my goodness what and amazing experience. We were somehow able to get on Pebble, Spyglass, and Spanish Bay all in a 4 day window and just wow. Truly a once in a lifetime (at least for me) trip and one I will never forget. As to the courses:

1. Pebble: Some truly spectacular holes. I was nervous as hell on the first tee as there were about 75 people just hanging out watching everyone tee off (especially since our playing partner was a sports celebrity). The highlights were, of course, 6, 7, and 18 but there were a few other holes that were really fun.

2. Spanish Bay: Loved this course. There was not really an "iconic" hole, but they were all so unique and challenging and the views were stunning.

3. Spyglass: Holy shit what a difficult course. I heard it referred to as a "shotmakers course" course and that is a great description. This was the one course we did not have a caddy on and it was probably the one it was most needed.

All in all we played about 150 holes in 5 days (the rest were at the home course we were staying at) and by the end my arms could barely swing a club :lol:, but still an unforgettable experience.
Glad you had a great time!

Agree with all your assessments - Pebble Beach is the 'best nine hole' course in the world, nine unforgettable holes alongside the other nine typical parkland-style nine holes. Spanish Bay is just a great course & Spyglass tests your whole bag.

Glad you had a great time!

Agree with all your assessments - Pebble Beach is the 'best nine hole' course in the world, nine unforgettable holes alongside the other nine typical parkland-style nine holes. Spanish Bay is just a great course & Spyglass tests your whole bag.
There is one hole at Spyglass, 16 I think, that is a long par 4 with a pretty jarring dogleg right. We all hit really good drives right to the turn and were expecting a simple iron into the green only to reach the corner to find some sadistic motherfecker put a tree right in the middle of the fairway.

There is one hole at Spyglass, 16 I think, that is a long par 4 with a pretty jarring dogleg right. We all hit really good drives right to the turn and were expecting a simple iron into the green only to reach the corner to find some sadistic motherfecker put a tree right in the middle of the fairway.
Kiawah has one of those feckers too. Augusta National did for decades as the Eisenhower Tree hung out in the 17 fairway & bedeviled pros massively.

MJ? Steph Curry? Gareth Bale? Do tell

MJ? Steph Curry? Gareth Bale? Do tell
Recently retired pitcher, almost certainly going to be a HoFer. He is a famously private person and was a pleasure to play with, so I'll refrain from blasting his name on a forum. Message me if you have a guess :)

Wow, that sounds a blast!