• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know anything about the candidate but that tweeter may very well have just filed loads of complaints themselves to the Local Authority/ Electoral Commission/Whatever and receiving a notification via auto-reply that the complaint is being investigated.

Still, it's good any concerns are investigated.

I don't know anything about the candidate but that tweeter may very well have just filed loads of complaints themselves to the Local Authority/ Electoral Commission/Whatever and receiving a notification via auto-reply that the complaint is being investigated.

Still, it's good any concerns are investigated.

Wouldn't be a first, i think it was either Islington or Hackney that had an indepedent cllr candidate orchestrate a coordinated attack against a serving cllr filing multiple complaints against them from 3-4 people. All over some traffic calming schemes, no less.

I wonder how much of that comes down to the people being polled not being aware Corbyn is not standing for Labour this time round?

From some of the videos I've seen of average people in the street being interviewed about the election, there's a shocking lack of knowledge about candidates, manifestos, and in some cases what a general election even is and how it works.

A colleague the other day told me they'd be voting for an independent candidate as their MP but would vote Labour for the party she wanted running the country.

She's in her 50s, and has apparently already voted in 7 or 8 general elections.

Workers Party and (sadly) Reform seem to have a fair bit of support around here.

Yes, as a former resident in Tameside, I am getting the same message from old friends still residing in the Borough.
There seems to be a feeling that WP may indeed take votes from Labour, but also Reform is taking them from the Tories as well, so Labour's majority might improve overall, i.e WP losses, counted by Tory losses.

The big 'what if's...' are how many 'old style' Labour will turn to Reform, believing Rayner has it all sown up and it is worth the risk, and/or how many Lib Dem's stick to their (usually) 'non-threatening guns' but if they move, where to?

Looks like Tameside, especially in Rayner's constituency of Ashton-under--Lyne (incl Droylsden, Audenshaw and Dukinfield) will have the most exciting count in many a long year.

449126619_1024545952374949_5216729391101924460_n.jpg

Looks like Tameside, especially in Rayner's constituency of Ashton-under--Lyne (incl Droylsden, Audenshaw and Dukinfield) will have the most exciting count in many a long year.
Really? Might want to stick a few quid on this then.

Screenshot-20240626-131427.png

Yes, as a former resident in Tameside, I am getting the same message from old friends still residing in the Borough.
There seems to be a feeling that WP may indeed take votes from Labour, but also Reform is taking them from the Tories as well, so Labour's majority might improve overall, i.e WP losses, counted by Tory losses.

The big 'what if's...' are how many 'old style' Labour will turn to Reform, believing Rayner has it all sown up and it is worth the risk, and/or how many Lib Dem's stick to their (usually) 'non-threatening guns' but if they move, where to?

That is interesting.
Listening mainly to the wireless, especially 5live, there does seem to be a significant number of people who are mistrustful of the 2/3 main parties and are looking for alternative places to cast their votes.

Unfortunately Reform will get a lot of votes from disenfranchised people who don't make much of an attempt to actually study their manifesto, just like Brexit and think that banning immigration is the golden bullet.

The Greens are also likely to pick up a lot of votes from the younger voters and are very popular here in Bristol due in part to the 3 very large universities - Bristol, Bath and the University of the West of England UWE.

The recent spate of scandals has done nothing to convince some people they this election is going to result in much real change; just more of the same but from a different party.

Labour is undoubtedly going to be faced with an absolute avalanche of problems, many of which they are going to struggle to do much about.

That is interesting.
Listening mainly to the wireless, especially 5live, there does seem to be a significant number of people who are mistrustful of the 2/3 main parties and are looking for alternative places to cast their votes.

Unfortunately Reform will get a lot of votes from disenfranchised people who don't make much of an attempt to actually study their manifesto, just like Brexit and think that banning immigration is the golden bullet.

The Greens are also likely to pick up a lot of votes from the younger voters and are very popular here in Bristol due in part to the 3 very large universities - Bristol, Bath and the University of the West of England UWE.

The recent spate of scandals has done nothing to convince some people they this election is going to result in much real change; just more of the same but from a different party.

Labour is undoubtedly going to be faced with an absolute avalanche of problems, many of which they are going to struggle to do much about.
Feck UWE

Really? Might want to stick a few quid on this then.

:lol:.... I've been known to have a flutter on the 'gee-gee's', even once or twice on the 'doggies' but on politics/elections never touch it.... not even with a barge pole!

Labour is planning to introduce automatic registration for voting under plans to add millions more people to the electoral roll for future elections, especially young people, the Guardian has learned.

Automatic voter registration (AVR), which exists in several European countries, would come on top of planned reforms already announced by Keir Starmer’s party such as extending the vote to 16- and 17-year-olds. Together, they could significantly shake up the voting franchise if Labour gets into power next week.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...our-automatic-voter-registration-reform-plans

This is positive.

Starmer and Sunak on the Sun. Bangladesh about 52.00

Can't wait for the Border Security Command operating outside the UK.

I don't think Starmer realises that the UK have left the EU.

It's like choosing between two naïve children of which one is going to be the worst.

Last edited:
That is interesting.

Maybe one or two who have never voted before, they are the ..... 'pi**ed off with everything and everyone' brigade, they may even hear Starmer's clarion call for "CHANGE", but Farage cuts through better, they can understand his idea of change and of what he believes the truth is.

Unfortunately it seems our mainstream politicians have not learned anything from the Brexit experience.. what is the saying "truth is the first casualty ...etc".

You and I are both old enough to know there have always been scandals, in politics and involving politicians, mostly they got hidden. I think the Profumo Affair was the first one that really touched home, with Christine Keeler and Mandy Rice Davies (with her "well he would say that wouldn't he" comment). Somehow a lot 'spicier' then because we all knew, that we didn't get all the story and probably never will.

The reality is that Labour with Starmer at the helm is going to form the next Government, and sooner or later he is going to have to admit that not only is the country broken, its up to its eye-balls in debt, with currently no real hope of getting out of this, with our growth rate(*).

Starmer is going to have to put the country on a war footing , or something very similar. If things go really wrong and he needs to form a government of national unity unfortunately (in a way) the Tory party will be in such disarray that his real opposition could well be Reform and you can bet Farage will extract a price for joining in.

(* @Paul the Wolf - don't get your hopes up, even patching things up with the EU won't help, they will be in as much 'sh**e' as we will Macron knows it and the election in France will prove it)

Maybe one or two who have never voted before, they are the ..... 'pi**ed off with everything and everyone' brigade, they may even hear Starmer's clarion call for "CHANGE", but Farage cuts through better, they can understand his idea of change and of what he believes the truth is.

Unfortunately it seems our mainstream politicians have not learned anything from the Brexit experience.. what is the saying "truth is the first casualty ...etc".

You and I are both old enough to know there have always been scandals, in politics and involving politicians, mostly they got hidden. I think the Profumo Affair was the first one that really touched home, with Christine Keeler and Mandy Rice Davies (with her "well he would say that wouldn't he" comment). Somehow a lot 'spicier' then because we all knew, that we didn't get all the story and probably never will.

The reality is that Labour with Starmer at the helm is going to form the next Government, and sooner or later he is going to have to admit that not only is the country broken, its up to its eye-balls in debt, with currently no real hope of getting out of this, with our growth rate(*).

Starmer is going to have to put the country on a war footing , or something very similar. If things go really wrong and he needs to form a government of national unity unfortunately (in a way) the Tory party will be in such disarray that his real opposition could well be Reform and you can bet Farage will extract a price for joining in.

(* @Paul the Wolf - don't get your hopes up, even patching things up with the EU won't help, they will be in as much 'sh**e' as we will Macron knows it and the election in France will prove it)

I have no expectation of Starmer doing anything good for the UK. Both the UK and France are suffering with a horrendous selection of politicians.

Bangladesh is not even the top asylum seeker in the united kingdom.
They come 5th behind Albania, Afghanistan, Iran and India with only ca 3000 asylum seeker. How can fecking 3000 people destroy the worlds 6th largest economy.

Last edited:
Sunak has smashed Starmer in this debate, which is embarrassing because he (obviously) chats utter shit. Starmer is fecking useless.

Painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.